Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Talk about mean!! That last phone call was just pure torture for Lois.

Great installment! The tension is really rising here still. You're very good at this!

Can hardly wait for more.

Irene smile

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Wendy! I've been catching up with your story the last few days, and I have to tell you that I'm *loving* it! This section especially - Clark offering his blood, anything he can to save her, and then Lois's reaction to knowing that he would do something like that for her... so well-written. And their kiss - beautiful! - and then the phone call that made me shiver and glance behind me because it was just that incredibly creepy! I have no idea who this guy is, but I'm super curious. I can't figure out if it's someone we've met before in the series or a new character. Whoever he is, you've got me definitely hoping that I never meet up with him in a dark alley!

Terrific writing - keep it up! I'm really looking forward to reading more of this one.

Tracey smile

Columnist
Columnist
That was the best part yet! The scene between Lois and Clark where he almost confesses his love for her was just heartwrenching, as was his attempt to give her his blood. Poor Clark! Poor Lois! You are just evil evil evil! And the phone call at the end...chilling....More please! hail

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, what they said... but I'm disappointed it's not Kyle Griffin. I figured she'd keep getting sicker until about three in the morning, then start getting better, then come out in a rash saying "gotcha"! goofy But if it's not the Prankster...

You'll have to think of something else, I suppose. You know how we feel about broken toys in this fandom wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
GAH!!!! You evil evil woman! Torturing poor Lois this way. I'd take away your pen, but that would mean this story wouldn't get finished. And you have to fix this!

Clark really was sweet in offering his blood up, though. I keep wondering if that would really work. Hrm....

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
She raised an eyebrow at him. Keeping her voice very low, she said, “And since when did I start doing what you told me to?”
/me laughs despite herself.

Did she really have no idea how much he cared about her?
Ugh. The angst. It's killing me.

And he kissed her, held her, poured his soul out to her, as if he had to take and share a lifetime’s worth of kisses in just these few minutes.

After all, maybe he had.
If you weren't so good at this, I could seriously have a hit put out on you or something. razz

Evil. Evil. I'm sending out the hunting party for your remains, Wendy.

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a cruel segment! Just post the rest of the story, okay! wallbash

I'm still going with Luthor here, being behind the whole scheme. He's that sick.

This story is just fabulous, awesome, incredible even. Keep it coming! grovel

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
God, this was just an amazing chapter. Literal goosebumps rising on my arm, an ache in the pit of my stomach, even a mild sense of nausea over the unfolding events... all I can say is bravo. Very intense and superbly written. I can't wait for the next installment.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Was lurking, but had to delurk to comment. I agree; how cruel can you be to leave your readers hanging like this?

I have 2 comments:

1) Is the villian one had made an appearance on LnC before or is he an original character? I'm trying to guess who the villian is, but I'll stop if he's an original character (for obvious reasons).

2) The story is set in Season 2 huh? Darn. It occurred to me after reading Part 9 that there was a deux ex machina solution possible if it was set in Season 3. I'm thinking about red kryptonite, Dr Klein, and Ultrawoman. :p I don't believe the solution is this simple, therefore I'm looking forward to reading your resolution. smile

Still relishing the journey. Eagerly awaiting Part 10.

twins
metwin1

Kerth
Kerth
Unbelievable writing! You draw me in with every part. I wonder how closely the guy is watching Lois...has he caught sight of Superman's secret in the process? Waiting impatiently for the next part. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
It has been said many times before, but it deserves repeating: Wendy, this story is wonderfully written, you evil genius!

The call from Lois' attacker was definitely tense, but it did provide interesting insight in to the character. It is rather brazen to stick around the scene of the crime, and even more brazen to call your victim and brag about sticking around the scene of the crime.

The ego of the attacker is definitely a liability, and it may get him into trouble later.

Glad that you decided to speed up the posting schedule!

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! Another superb part! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Now that we know who the potential killer is, the only question is; will Lois and Clark make the connection in time, and even if they do, will it help?

In classic deadline fiction it always comes down to the last possible second before the solution is found and the problem resolved. Considering how this is going and the inferrances made about the escalating effects of the poison, it seems likely that Lois could,and should, suffer some lasting consequences from her exposure. If this goes down to a 'last minute' type of thing, there has to be some lasting negative effect. Or at the very least, a long and difficult recovery.

According to the doctor's original 'reports' Lois really doesn't have 24 hours to solve this problem, only 24 until she actually dies.

Tank (who thinks it would be amusing if one of the progressive side effects is that Lois' hair begins to fall out... just a thought wink )

Top Banana
Top Banana
mecry mecry
I'm looking forwards to know who the killer is and what's going to happen to poor Lois and her relationship with Clark!

simona smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Plot's building up and so is the angsty tension. cool

My favorite lines:
And he kissed her, held her, poured his soul out to her, as if he had to take and share a lifetime’s worth of kisses in just these few minutes.

After all, maybe he had.
This line squarely drives home the point that time is of the esence.

smile1

~Ankit (so happy frequency of posting's increased smile )

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
OMG, that phone call was just plain cruel. wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know I was wondering why Superman hadn't decided to give her a blood transfusion before. I think that Doctor shrugged off his idea too quickly. Shouldn't he talk to Dr Klein? Anyway the realtionship part while he was holding her and kissing her was so sweet that it almost made me cry. The chilling ending of this section with that sicko calling, left me with hope. Maybe they can catch him now. He is acting as they imagined he would. He will be found. I haven't given up hope. But if you pull a sad ending here like Carol decided to do with her last story, I am going to kill you laugh

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow Wendy, you blow me away! thumbsup Just when I think it can't get any worse ... frown Get back here and post more NOW! wildguy wildguy wildguy Lois IS going to make it, right? They ARE going to catch this sicko, aren't they? Argh you can't leave us hanging like this for long ... pretty please!!!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You're stopping there?? goofy

Okay, another FANTASTIC part, Wendy! The kiss! The offer of blood! The phone call! The birth of "Spaceman", the retirement of "Farmboy"? The almost 'I love you'? What to focus on, what to love the most! It's hard to choose!

Uncaring of good manners, Clark went up and tapped Sutton on the shoulder.
I love this line; Clark is nothing if not the most polite person! Well-mannered, mild-mannered. This line is proof that every line of this story conveys some deeper meaning, and this one, for me, caught my attention, showing how desperate Clark is growing. Nothing matters to him anymore. Not his secret. Not his rescues (this is hard for him, yes, but faced with Lois's death, it does not compare), and most certainly not his very core nature.

“Lois.” He had to halt. His voice was thick and threatening to crack. “Lois, don’t you know that I’d give anything to make you well? All my powers, everything I own...”
He would, too! Might we see him prove this later in the story?

Waiting to find that out, by the way, is TORTURE!

Oh god... What was he supposed to say? How could he tell her about the despair eating him up inside? That gut-wrenching conviction that he was going to lose her - that even now he could see her slipping away, inch by inch, from life? From him?
This is written really beautifully, Wendy. goofy

MORE smile

~NICOLE

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard