Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A taste of Part 7:
Cat flipped through the pile of invitations. Clark pulled one out of the crowd.

“I didn’t know if you would want to go to that one. Personally, I thought it might freak you out. You want me to call one of your winners?”

“No.” He smiled. “I’ll handle this one. I already have someone in mind.”

“Really?” Cat raised a brow with curiosity. “Anyone I know?”

“They can take the girl out of gossip…”

She shrugged. “Once a reporter, always a reporter.”

“Off the record?”

Cat nodded with anticipation.

“She’s out of this world.” He slipped the invitation into his pocket and smiled.

“And?”

“That’s all I’m saying to any reporter about a woman I invite on a date. Maybe we won’t even show up.” He returned his focus to the pile of invitations.
Many thanks to my wonderful Beta Readers. This entire chaper would have been less clear and more full of mistakes if it wasn't for you. Thank you. thumbsup

Comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/05/14 01:13 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute but I hope he finds his Lois soon, it seems these too are too close to being a love substitute for each other. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Now that's an interesting thought:

But it felt to him as if Lois were becoming his own version of Red Kryptonite
Love Lois' birthday celebration. I hope Alt-Clark gets back on track - this Lois isn't here to stay.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jaxon glared at her. “You know who. You big burly bully of a boyfriend, that’s whom!”
Jaxon really needs to make up his mind.

“He ruined my computer.”
How? When? What?

“He heat-blasted my sprinkler system.”
Okay, that's Jaxon's own fault. Why didn't he equip his server room with a Halon fire suppression system? Then, sure, the sprinklers would have gotten his VR helmets and the couple of PCs in the community area and the machines in the game park. But he wouldn't be *that* mad about those standard equipment pieces, would he?

“Have you seen this?” he said, tossing a photo of Sean McCarthy tied up with red computer cord.
Oooooooh!

“That’s the exact same type of cord that was stolen from my computer lab last night.”
Ooookay?

“I had nothing to do with Mayson’s car bombing.”

Lucy smiled and glanced at the photo. “Now, you do.”
Okay. I'm stating the crazy here. Lois did that, since Clark's obviously not in any mental capacity to pull something like that off. Poor guy can't even tie his own shoes.

“Who else could it have been?” he asked.
Oooh! Oooh! The easy chick who's preggers with the alien spawn!

“Do we have a vigilante in our midst?” James asked taking a closer look at the photo.

“Apparently. Good thing Clark’s away on vacation.”
hyper Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!

“Does this have something to do with what you couldn’t tell me, yesterday?”
clap

Sam sat down next to Lois. “I haven’t gotten her back yet and already I’m afraid that I’m losing her to a man who walks around in tights.”

Lois laughed. “That’s just the father in you worried about his little girl. Think about this logically.”
This is going to be interesting!

He nodded his head while rolling his eyes. “Headstrong. Determined. Independent. Stubborn. Pushy.”

“Let’s not go overboard with the love, here.”

“Sorry.” He smiled. “Oh! I forgot arrogant.”
clap

You know, I'm wondering if maybe the switch will happen after they deliver the baby to our-world. Also, what if young Lois gets pregnant and they don't find out until she's sent back in time? Oh boy. They will think it's Lex's or Max's!!! And on a other note, could it be that they are not compatible in S4 because Lois was out of temporal sync with Clark?

/wave/ Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laurach: The lonley super hero with the heart of gold and his pregnant sister-in-law, yes that would be bad combo. laugh

Joan: Yes, eventually Lois will have to go home.

Michael: smile1

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a little confused. Jaxon has a mind?
Huh. Better not tell Daddy or he will have him neutered.

Sorry, Clark was in vendetta mood before he left on holiday. It was all him.
Aaah. This might leave readers wondering indefinitely since it's hard to tell how much powers Lois already has. And it's easier to consider this her style of devious. Clark's got more of a brutish charm wink

Right. And we don't know anyone who could make either of those appear?
Ooooh! The fat boss guy from the NIA? wink

The power to beguile men named Jimmy into doing her work for her?
It does come with the package?

The Lucy persona doesn't meet Playboy's criteria.
Superman's love slave? Nah, I don't think they'd blink twice before paying her a million, no matter what she looks like.

And Clark would never pose for James, nor would the publisher -- his boss -- be stupid enough to ask.
You think that'd count as sexual harassment? And would Jimmy know about it? Hmm... on second thought, it's probably point #2 of his 'keep employees happy and employer rich' manual he got from Legal.

Yes (kind-of)... and an old calender with the dates on the wrong day of the week.
Yes, but he's Superman with an eidetic memory. He should know which date it is. Or wear a watch with a date field laugh

I love this explanation! It works for me.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I feel sad that Lois is basically missing out on her own life and having to watch it like a by-stander. I mean, it's like she's dead and a past version of herself is in her place, which is better than, say, a clone, but I feel so bad for her! And real Clark has no idea, right? Only real Martha knows?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
I feel sad that Lois is basically missing out on her own life and having to watch it like a by-stander. I mean, it's like she's dead and a past version of herself is in her place, which is better than, say, a clone, but I feel so bad for her! And real Clark has no idea, right? Only real Martha knows?
Yep. Only Martha knows in canon dimension. The way you paint it as Lois dead and watching 'someone else' live her life is spooky, but I cound see her feeling that way at times. Lost in the other dimension. Sometimes knowing is worse than not knowing.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] I feel sad that Lois is basically missing out on her own life and having to watch it like a by-stander. I mean, it's like she's dead and a past version of herself is in her place, which is better than, say, a clone, but I feel so bad for her! And real Clark has no idea, right? Only real Martha knows?
Yep. Only Martha knows in canon dimension. The way you paint it as Lois dead and watching 'someone else' live her life is spooky, but I cound see her feeling that way at times. Lost in the other dimension. Sometimes knowing is worse than not knowing. [/b]
Honestly, the entire time I'm reading this I keep imagining the book The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (there's a movie by the same name that actually lived up to my expectations) Anyways, this girl Susie dies and she's basically watching from her own personal heaven as her friends and family as they go about their lives, dealing with her death and then moving on without her.

.talk nerdy to me.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Of course, it may have something to do with that whole Man - Woman biological conundrum that Sam suggested. But it felt to him as if Lois were becoming his own version of Red Kryptonite.
well, it really makes sense... he's changing his mood and behavor since Lois has arrived, from the first time.

my favourite part:
He grinned. “I’ll sing.”
Lois pointed a finger at him. “Don’t you dare!”
“Happy, Happy Birthday…” Clark started, but she let go of his hand and ran down the beach covering her ears.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: wave

well, it really makes sense... he's changing his mood and behavor since Lois has arrived, from the first time.
Not red Kryptonite, Clark. Brunette Kryptonite.

Originally Posted by chelo
my favourite part:
Originally Posted by Missing Lois
He grinned. “I’ll sing.”
Lois pointed a finger at him. “Don’t you dare!”
“Happy, Happy Birthday…” Clark started, but she let go of his hand and ran down the beach covering her ears.
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Yes, I tortured Lois horribly in this part. First, I put here in jail and then I made Clark sing to her. Hee-hee.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard