Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

A small taste of part 1 of Chapter 3: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

“I was engaged to be married, Dr. Klein. I do understand the difference between men and women.”

Dr. Klein released a thankful breath. “So, you are taking precautions, then?”

“Precaution from what? The only thing we’ve discovered that can hurt me is Kryptonite.” Superman was confused.

Dr. Klein wrapped an arm around Superman’s shoulder. “Then you aren’t really dating a lot of women, if you don’t understand how a woman can crush a man like a tin can.”
Thank you for continuing to read my story and I hope you enjoyed this final part of Chapter 2.

This chapter would not have been as strong as it is without the terrific reviews/comments and the attention to detail it received from my Beta Reader, Lynn. I thank you and applaud you. clap

As I mentioned in my last FDK posting, I'm currently on the look-out for an additional person willing to BR a chapter or two (I do have 10 Chapters to my story - finishing any day now). Please click on the link below for more details and scroll to my last posting.

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for posting.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/04/14 02:40 AM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was a little confused by her all of a sudden happy happy mood with Jimmy. I was sure she was on pheromones again for a minute. But then she seemed back to normal with Clark. I am not sure how you are going to fix this unless you make this Lois, this Clark's Lois and the other Lois can stay with Kal in the other dimension. How is it that Lois is in two places at once anyway. I remember one fic a while back that had Lois turn into the other Lois but I forget how that went. It was something like they took Lois out of the Congo and hid her in the other Lois's life, making her think she was that Lois but she really was this Clark's Lois. It is all very confusing but in the end both Clark's ended up with their Lois's. Only this one has the complication of a pregnancy from the other Clark. How would that play out? It would be kind of strange to have her end up loving and sleeping with both Clark's. I can not imagine how the heck you are going to fix this twisted mess of their lives, but I will keep reading to find out. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Laurach- I think I have that first part figured out. It took me a second too. LucyLois is in such a happy, happy mood because back in her world Lois and Clark are on their honeymoon. In the Alt world, LucyLois spent all weekend in bed b/c she was living the honeymoon through her past self.

I can't see LucyLois staying with Alt Clark. She is not going to give up her baby even to her younger self. Which makes me worry that LucyLois will die in the alt world.

thanks!

rkn
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
We've got a problem here:

“He has the younger… Lois, have you any idea how you are going to convince the younger you to give up being married to Kal and go back to the worst day of her life?”
It will be interesting to see how you resolve this.

Love the fun with Cat Grant!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Two points to RKN (honeymoon) and then minus two points to RKN (Lois doesn't die). This is not DEATH FIC. Everyone lives happily ever after at the end, it just takes them a little while to get there... Just wanted to reassure everyone.

Laura, so sorry you got confused. Yes, younger Lois and Clark got married, so she spent the weekend dreaming about her honeymoon. Remember the smile on her face when she and Clark returned to work in Brutal Youth? That was the feeling I was going for. Her dreamy attitude sort-of wears off when she starts to talk to alt. Clark (just as in the BY episode, can't keep that smile on her face forever).

Joan: laugh

Will post again in a couple of days.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah, well, at least my points are back where I started. Very glad to hear LucyLois is not going to die. smile1

thanks!

rkn
Top Banana
Top Banana
For when one finds true love, one can never be lost again.
*Happy sigh* smile

“A really super man.” Lois sighed, again.

“SUPERMAN!” James gasped. Then lowered his voice when Clark looked up and glanced around. They ducked. “You mean Clark?”

Lois giggled. “Ah, no. I said *a* super man. I didn’t mean *that* Superman.”
Cute repartee. smile

Hope shown in Clark’s eyes. “Maybe she’s still alive.”
Yes, yes! Go after alt-Lois!! hyper

"...You are…”

WIN A DATE WITH SUPERMAN’S CLARK KENT! Ralph walked up with the blazing headline.
I love how the headline is so obnoxious it even cuts off Lois! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Then, we invited Detective Henderson to my office and Lois Lane told me everything he said in the interview.”
razz And Lex used the scanner on her to do it. clap

As her belly grew swollen with child, the offers faded away and the princess was hidden away from the eyes of the kingdom.
Ooops?

For when one finds true love, one can never be lost again.
clap

More stylishly than trashy, but not conservatively either.
Waddayaknow!

He held up his hand. “Spare me the details. I really don’t want to hear them.”
laugh

“OK.” She bit her bottom lip, then she lowered her voice. “If it’s any consolation, we’re great together.”

Clark closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “That’s a detail.”
laugh

“Great! We’ll run with it.” Ralph actually turned and acknowledged Lois. “Good show of work ethic.
Welcome to the slime-level! Perry's going to rotate in his swivel chair over in city hall.

“Type? She doesn’t have a type, besides male.”
laugh

“She went celibate for about a year, then decided to give up on men altogether.”

“What?” Lois was confused.

Clark held up the invitation. “This is the event we’re going to together.”

“GLAAD’s Annual Ball. What does this… Oh. All together, all together.”
Oh dear! So, that's going to ruin Superman's reputation with the ladies for good, isn't it? There was a Halloween viggy once (think it was one of Queenie's) where everyone in the Justice league thought that Clark's date (aka Lois) was Superman's secret identity.

“I’ll tell you the whole story, if you agree to be one of the 1001 dates of Clark Kent.
Tsk Tsk Tsk. And I'm sure Ralph wants to be one of the dates, too. He'll even wear his high heels and leather tank top.

“The curse is broken. I’m free to go. H. G. Wells could be here any day now to take me home. I appreciate all that you’ve done for me, but I don’t have a reason to stay away any longer,” Lois said, looking him in the eyes.
Yes? No? Hmm... Good question... Meesa thinkin' no. Meesa thinkin' Bigboss Lex gettin' pasted first.

“He has the younger… Lois, have you any idea how you are going to convince the younger you to give up being married to Kal and go back to the worst day of her life?”
"Go back or you want to get be here?

“That’s my life, my time, my husband. We can just take her and drop her back in her old timeslot. No harm, no foul.”
*That's* going to be fun talk with her shrink. And then I sent my younger me back in time and she started to resent me before she forgot, but now that I remember, I'm resenting myself for sending me back in time.

“I’ll just have my husband take her back.”
Yeah... This is going to be awkward.

If she could convince this Clark to make the switch, then she could just slip into her dimension like nothing had happened.
I'll believe it when I read it.

. Go ahead, leave me with yet another Lois Lane mess to clean up.”
mecry

She wrapped her arms around her tummy and dropped into one of the conference room chairs. She stared into space as the tears rolled down her cheeks.
Oh dear.

Lot's of fun!
Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MozartMaid: Glad you are enjoying it.

Michael: There you go, comparing Lex to Palpatine again. You'd think this was 'Revenge of the Lexi' or something. wink

You know, I'm just as slow as Clark, at least to the specifics. And it's *so* obvious! Duh! Okay, so I'm posting this while already reading part 3/1. So, sue me...
Cheater! wink

A bit of an Oedipus complex, the little one, huh?
Not any more than canon Jaxon and canon Jr. did.

Vivisect Lex? Although, then she might get invited to talkshows to no end.
Ew! shock

I never got why he didn't drown him as a baby. This *is* Lex we're talking about.
Maybe he promised Jr.'s mother he wouldn't do that. Deathbed promise or something?

So, how's Lois going to explain that she's supplying said sample?
Well, Lucy is living in Lois's apartment.

Well, kind of. To a bum who took then off with his *other* wife to distant lands...
Well, when you put it that way...

Considering the earlier mentions and what's to come, *nice* setup
Thank you. laugh

Had a fun honeymoon?
Yeah, Clark decided to skip Hawaii in lieu of Hershey, PA.

Is he going to call frog-control?
That would imply Ralph would be smart enough to know about the existance of Clones before there was any proof.

You can say that again!
That was strange.

How about bullet-proof glass instead?
They opted for the cost-effective method instead.

*snoooooooooort* So, he's going to not show up next to Kal during the Doe incident?
S4 happens as in canon (except that the Wedding is in July instead of October). So, we'll have to wait and see for what's going on come November.

So, Lex got a thank-you-for-bulk-ordering-from-costmart present sent with the guns when he opened the package in Berkistan?
It's always good to buy in bulk.

/looks at watch/ Took him long enough...
4 days?

/imagines Clark showing up in a stripper-police uniform at Mayson's doorstep/
I think we covered Mayson wanting to walk funny in another FDK.

Welcome to the slime-level! Perry's going to rotate in his swivel chair over in city hall.
It's always hard to leave a beloved job.

Oh dear! So, that's going to ruin Superman's reputation with the ladies for good, isn't it? There was a Halloween viggy once (think it was one of Queenie's) where everyone in the Justice league thought that Clark's date (aka Lois) was Superman's secret identity.
That sounds like a good one. I'll have to look it up. (although, thinking that Superman and Lois Lane were the same size? That assumption could earn Batman a space on the deceased list).

*That's* going to be fun talk with her shrink. And then I sent my younger me back in time and she started to resent me before she forgot, but now that I remember, I'm resenting myself for sending me back in time.
Yes, well, um-hum. That would explain a lot.

Now Lois is trying to get this Lois and Clark together by first convincing Clark that he really does want Lois and then Lois that she's not too damaged for Clark. And all the time she's changing diapers?
Well, you know Lois, she doesn't like down-time.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There you go, comparing Lex to Palpatine again.
Hey, it's not my fault that I see Sith everywhere. It's those evil images...
[Linked Image]
And no, that's not an image of Lois and Clark on their honeymoon.

Deathbed promise or something?
Huh. And here I thought he had cut her breaks and sent her car over a cliff, a.k.a. 'first wife died in a car accident'.

Well, Lucy is living in Lois's apartment.
Duh! And that's why you're the author...

That would imply Ralph would be smart enough to know about the existance of Clones before there was any proof.
Good point. It could also mean he gets his streetsmarts from the National Inquirer.

They opted for the cost-effective method instead.
But what about when he's out, i.e. not available as a bullet catcher.

I think we covered Mayson wanting to walk funny in another FDK.
blush blush

wave Michael

PS: Umm... no actual FDK today blush blush Am behind on reading blush blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Why does the neuroscanner broke? Is it related with Lois invulnerability?
Who is Jr's stepmother?????? Alt-Lois???? OMG my imagination is running wild...

I thin Jimmy is cute, even in this dimension he has a crush on Lois. ..

You left me speechless with the last paragraph... Indeed, Lois... why would it be a lie to tell alt-Clark that you don't have feelings for him?

This is getting suspicious... I wonder about this Halloween date..

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo; I see I haven't scared you away... yet. evil

Why does the neuroscanner broke? Is it related with Lois invulnerability?
No, that's not the reason. It will be explained in time.

Who is Jr's stepmother?????? Alt-Lois???? OMG my imagination is running wild...
Actually, it's canon Cat. You know she disappeared after S1. Tempus dropped her here and she and Lex hit it off. For some reason, nobody back in canon even noticed that she was missing. peep [Linked Image]

I thin Jimmy is cute, even in this dimension he has a crush on Lois. ..
Its in his DNA.

You left me speechless with the last paragraph... Indeed, Lois... why would it be a lie to tell alt-Clark that you don't have feelings for him?
Umm.... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

This is getting suspicious... I wonder about this Halloween date..
Because nothing, absolutely nothing could possible go wrong with alt-Clark and Lois going on a date.

Thanks for the comments. smile1

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard