Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Ooooh! A new bakasi story. jump Thank you, thank you, for de-lurking to post.

Your introduction has me puzzled on what the plot of your story will be since it only seemed to claim what the story isn't. I agree that Cat ruins Clark's reputation plot sounds interesting.

From what I could tell from the flashback, it seems as if Lana has broken Clark's heart and he's vowed not to give it out again. Plus, he has known Lex since Smallville.

I was worried about there being Kryptonite in Irig's apple tree. I love your description of it:

Another one of the few victims of the storm stuck its branches and roots into the sky. Clark Kent was sweating as he turned one of Wayne Irig’s old apple trees into fire wood, while the poor guy nursed a bad case of flu. The unripened fruits were scattered all across the field, along with broken-off pieces of the branches, smaller twigs and bruised leaves. It was a sorry sight. Clark was glad that he could do Wayne a favor. This was the tree where the late Mrs. Irig’s famous caramel apples had grown. Of all the trees the tornado could have chosen, it had uprooted the one tree that had carried the declaration of love that a much younger Wayne Irig had carved into the wood. It was a testament to the simple truth that life just was not fair.
How you compare the destruction of an apple tree to hurt Mr. Irig felt upon losing his wife, beautiful.

So, Clark is an experienced reporter and Lois can't abuse him the way she wishes. That and his having a Kerth under his belt from chasing down Lex's mis-deeds certainly give us a new beginning to Lois and Clark's relationship. Clark seems grumpier than in the flashback, but I could see the mixture of fighting his attraction to Lois, coupled with his dislike of Luthor, and her admiration of the billionaire could cause this. What differences will that have on Lois to have Clark be the one who sets the boundaries of their relationship? Will he warn Lois off Lex when she calls out to the billionaire at the ball? Can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/10/14 03:42 PM. Reason: Added Author's Name & Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'm eager to see how the White Orchid Ball goes. I like the story setup, and I like the way Clark called Lois out on her rudeness.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really liking the story, bakasi! Curious to see how the ball goes, especially since Clark has an interesting history with Lex. I like how you've set up Clark and Lois' interaction so far. Clark's been burned before--I'm assuming by Lana, also--but is very drawn to Lois.

Can't wait for more smile

Laura (on my phone or would have written more wink...)

Last edited by LMA; 07/10/14 07:19 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A very interesting start!

How did Clark know Lex before? Was this like "Smallville" (the TV show) where Lex was in town? Or is it more like the comics where they somewhat grew up together? What did Clark find out about Lex and more importantly, vice versa? Why is Clark so reluctant to go to the White Orchard Ball?

I'm eagerly awaiting more!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting take, where Clark is the wary one who's been "hurt before." I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it. Curious to see how Lex and Clark know each other.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yay, feedback!!!

Your introduction has me puzzled on what the plot of your story will be since it only seemed to claim what the story isn't. I agree that Cat ruins Clark's reputation plot sounds interesting.

Puzzling you was kind of the point of the whole introduction. I'm glad it worked wink.

Anyway, you captured the real plot pretty quickly, yes this will be a story about a Clark who has been burned before. I wanted to explore a situation in which Clark does not want to be attracted to Lois, not unlike the way I did it in "Only in my dreams". This Clark has completely different reasons for his reluctance, though. And of course, he will be completely helpless to fight her bewitching charms devil muhaha!!!

Thanks for your nice feedback, Virginia, mrsMxyzptlk, Laura, Iolanthe and DebbieG. You really make my day. jump

Last edited by bakasi; 07/11/14 04:50 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I like this story, it has lots of new twists. Clark being there when Lois returns from busting the car ring is one I think I have never seen before.

The whole apple tree scene I expected Kryptonite to show up at any moment.

Last edited by John Lambert; 07/16/14 12:52 AM.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you for your feedback, John.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bakasi!

As always your stories are a pleasure to read. What a cool way to combine Smallville with Lois and Clark. Never watched Smallville, but the way you have everything set up allows someone like me to pick up on the action quickly. notworthy

Starting the story with Clark chopping down an apple tree while trying to comfort himself after breaking up with Lana was a good way to draw me in. But you top that off with Lex showing up and helping his friend! Lex and physical labor? shock

Fast forward several years to find Clark working at the Daily Planet. He is now a Kerth award winning reporter who has teamed up with the maddeningly difficult Lois Lane. Lois Lane who has asked him to attend the White Orchid Ball with his now enemy Lex Luthor.

Yummy! Let the games begin! laugh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow, thanks for your feedback, Morgana. I'm glad you like the story. Though I should point out that this story has very little in common with the show 'Smallville'. There are some similarities, mostly some interaction between Clark and Lex that I always liked about the show.
If I wrote a story about the Smallville universe, Clark would probably end up marrying Cloe, because that was the only female character I actually liked as long as I was watching. Unfortunately, Clark didn't.

Anyway, the characters I try to portray are very much LnC, even Lex.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard