hyper Ooooh! A new bakasi story. jump Thank you, thank you, for de-lurking to post.

Your introduction has me puzzled on what the plot of your story will be since it only seemed to claim what the story isn't. I agree that Cat ruins Clark's reputation plot sounds interesting.

From what I could tell from the flashback, it seems as if Lana has broken Clark's heart and he's vowed not to give it out again. Plus, he has known Lex since Smallville.

I was worried about there being Kryptonite in Irig's apple tree. I love your description of it:

Another one of the few victims of the storm stuck its branches and roots into the sky. Clark Kent was sweating as he turned one of Wayne Irig’s old apple trees into fire wood, while the poor guy nursed a bad case of flu. The unripened fruits were scattered all across the field, along with broken-off pieces of the branches, smaller twigs and bruised leaves. It was a sorry sight. Clark was glad that he could do Wayne a favor. This was the tree where the late Mrs. Irig’s famous caramel apples had grown. Of all the trees the tornado could have chosen, it had uprooted the one tree that had carried the declaration of love that a much younger Wayne Irig had carved into the wood. It was a testament to the simple truth that life just was not fair.
How you compare the destruction of an apple tree to hurt Mr. Irig felt upon losing his wife, beautiful.

So, Clark is an experienced reporter and Lois can't abuse him the way she wishes. That and his having a Kerth under his belt from chasing down Lex's mis-deeds certainly give us a new beginning to Lois and Clark's relationship. Clark seems grumpier than in the flashback, but I could see the mixture of fighting his attraction to Lois, coupled with his dislike of Luthor, and her admiration of the billionaire could cause this. What differences will that have on Lois to have Clark be the one who sets the boundaries of their relationship? Will he warn Lois off Lex when she calls out to the billionaire at the ball? Can't wait to see what happens next.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/10/14 03:42 PM. Reason: Added Author's Name & Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.