Print Thread
#255962 07/05/14 05:04 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Finally, another chapter!

Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 07/06/14 12:25 AM.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
party yeeey!! Wellcome back!

You are describing Clark in a mayor depression case, and I can't help feeling blue while reading this chapter.

Martha is showing more strength than his own son, but I think she is the right one to show him how to come out from that state of mind.

I wonder what kind of talent are they going to prepare confused

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As always, it takes me a little time to digest what I just read, but wanted to say, WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
chelo #255983 07/06/14 04:49 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by chelo
party yeeey!! Wellcome back!

You are describing Clark in a mayor depression case, and I can't help feeling blue while reading this chapter.

Martha is showing more strength than his own son, but I think she is the right one to show him how to come out from that state of mind.

I wonder what kind of talent are they going to prepare confused

Martha is a lot older than Clark (about 41, while Clark is just 18), and has endured a lot of grief over the course of many years -- and learned to deal with it and keep going. Clark had a lot thrown at him in a very short time, and also has to deal with the aftermath of surviving a violent game and having to make choices that went against everything he'd ever been taught and believed in. A turning point is coming, but whether it's a positive turning point or a negative one is something you'll have to keep reading to see.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
As always, it takes me a little time to digest what I just read, but wanted to say, WELCOME BACK!!!!!

Thanks. It's good to be writing again.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to see a new chapter. Can't say the same for Clark, though. Things look bad and depressing. sad Each chapter he seems more dispirited and despondent. mecry He needs a purpose in life but I don't know how he's going to find it among so much grief and loss. whinging

Andreia

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
Glad to see a new chapter. Can't say the same for Clark, though. Things look bad and depressing. sad Each chapter he seems more dispirited and despondent. mecry He needs a purpose in life but I don't know how he's going to find it among so much grief and loss. whinging

Andreia

He's definitely going through a rough time, though there are still a few happy moments in his life.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are doing a good job of showing the stress, fear, and grief that Clark is going through. He had major trauma in the Games. No wonder it will take him awhile to work through it. I hope he can bring himself to talk about it with Martha.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The late Louis Zamperini survived 44 days in a raft without food and years in a POW camp in Japan during WWII. Clark has a strong heart and spirit, plus a good support system with Martha and the other victors. He will come out of this stronger and I suspect very compassionate.

Still, after all he has been through, it sure would be nice to see him enjoy a few moments of happiness, no matter how brief. sad

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
You are doing a good job of showing the stress, fear, and grief that Clark is going through. He had major trauma in the Games. No wonder it will take him awhile to work through it. I hope he can bring himself to talk about it with Martha.

Yes, Clark is going through a rough time. He's dealing with PTSD and depression, and he doesn't want to talk about it. He wants it to go away, but that's not happening.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
The late Louis Zamperini survived 44 days in a raft without food and years in a POW camp in Japan during WWII. Clark has a strong heart and spirit, plus a good support system with Martha and the other victors. He will come out of this stronger and I suspect very compassionate.

Still, after all he has been through, it sure would be nice to see him enjoy a few moments of happiness, no matter how brief. sad

Clark does have a few happy moments -- mostly involving helping others. He's a natural-born do-gooder who's been thrown for a loop and needs to regain his balance.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard