Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments please. Pretty please. smile1

Next week: Part 2 - The Docks.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This cries out for Lois seeing Superman and seeing the ink mark on his neck. That will blow the secret for sure!

I love how the doodles on the notepad show her changing feelings over time. Nicely done.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I want to get a pencil and a piece of paper and start doodling little drawings now. :p

Poor Clark, stuck with pen ink on his neck. :p

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois better be careful with that notebook! I can imagine, say, Ralph trying to sneak a read for story ideas, and ending up with more than he bargained for.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper It's Friday, already! dance Oh, darn. KK just posted new story early. wink

When she first starts reviewing her doodles, I thought she'd transition from an "S" shield to a "CK" shield (i.e. she thinks that Clark is "Super" not Superman) or add glasses to a drawing of Superman, which then would freak out Clark into thinking that Lois has figured out his secret. I'm not a doodler myself, but I am surprised that she would spell out her crush so blatantly and publicly. Anyone could glance over and see what she was writing, especially Clark, who usually is sitting next to her at these meetings.

My gosh. His excuses are getting worse. [Linked Image] Putting his neighbor's dog down? Yikes! eek Let's hope that one isn't true.

I'm thinking that Clark used heading to the restroom as another Super excuse and never even suspects that he's been drawn upon. I agree with Io, this cries for Lois seeing Superman or a photo of him with ink on his neck. But if it's a photo, then others in the newsroom (i.e. Jimmy or Perry) might notice it as well.

What's going to happen next down at the docks?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Doodles - especially the romantic kind lead to interesting events!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
This cries out for Lois seeing Superman and seeing the ink mark on his neck. That will blow the secret for sure!
It would definitely blow the secret, but do you really think Superman will let himself be seen with an pen mark on his neck?

You'll just have to wait to find out whether Clark goes to wash his neck or not.

Originally posted by Lady Loisette:
I want to get a pencil and a piece of paper and start doodling little drawings now. :p

Poor Clark, stuck with pen ink on his neck. :p
*laughs* Hey, I'm always doodling the 'S' shield in the margin of my notepads ... doesn't everyone?

Originally posted by AmyPrime:
Lois better be careful with that notebook! I can imagine, say, Ralph trying to sneak a read for story ideas, and ending up with more than he bargained for.
Oh my goodness. That thought is just horrible. I can see Ralph's eyes bugging out of his head, then a smirk coming over his face as he sidles up to Lois and begins mercilessly teasing her.

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
hyper It's Friday, already! dance Oh, darn. KK just posted new story early. wink
Yeah, sorry to confuse you. I wanted to post on Fri, but I'm pretty sure that the boards will be down during my evening time. Plus, I realised I'd been procrastinating ... It needed posting.

When she first starts reviewing her doodles, I thought she'd transition from an "S" shield to a "CK" shield (i.e. she thinks that Clark is "Super" not Superman) or add glasses to a drawing of Superman, which then would freak out Clark into thinking that Lois has figured out his secret.
Nice idea ...

I'm not a doodler myself, but I am surprised that she would spell out her crush so blatantly and publicly. Anyone could glance over and see what she was writing, especially Clark, who usually is sitting next to her at these meetings.
Yes, Lois is doodling, and often in a real daydream, but there's easy ways to disguise/hide/obscure what you are doing, and it's not always in a meeting that the doodles happen. It has been over time ... over months. Plus, she's much farther 'gone' than usual. This Lois has already realised that she's completely in love and she's acting a little like a romantic teenager (in the daydream moments - otherwise she's still Mad Dog Lane).

My gosh. His excuses are getting worse. [Linked Image] Putting his neighbor's dog down? Yikes! eek Let's hope that one isn't true.
My betas asked whether this was real, or an excuse. It was supposed to be a Superman excuse. Yeah, it's not a very good one. lol

I'm thinking that Clark used heading to the restroom as another Super excuse and never even suspects that he's been drawn upon. I agree with Io, this cries for Lois seeing Superman or a photo of him with ink on his neck. But if it's a photo, then others in the newsroom (i.e. Jimmy or Perry) might notice it as well.
Someone else thinking that Lois will see Superman sporting this pen mark. You know, my betas both thought the same thing too. The first few paragraphs of the next part will quickly explain a few things, from Clark's point of view. It will answer a few questions.

What's going to happen next down at the docks?
Urm. Some exciting stuff ... that's all I'll say. My betas could confirm that (or not, I guess).

Originally posted by Morgana:
Doodles - especially the romantic kind lead to interesting events!
And you'd know!!!! laugh Some very interesting events to follow.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really love this story so far, KatherineKent. It has such a nice tone--and I really love the thought process of Lois' notepad doodles leading the story along and giving her insight... hyper

Lois sighed. It meant everything. Now that she looked back over the pages she could recall the self-denial she'd been going through. It was crystal clear that linking a capital 'C' and capital 'K' with a double 'L' meant everything.
Woo-hoo! It means 'everything'...I really liked this paragraph--the word 'everything' sums up perfectly how much Clark is meaning to Lois and how much a part of her life he really is.

she saw those same two set of initials … surrounded by a heart.
Yeah, that heart--that heart leaves nothing to debate about. She's officially 'gone'--head over heels clap

Lois Kent.
dance

Lois looked away while nodding in agreement. His smile was the very thing that undid her most days. It set her heart pounding, her pulse racing. She'd been trying to find some kind of protection, defence against it for weeks. Either that, or an equal response. Something she could do which would have the same reaction in him. Something to set his heart pounding, maybe start him on the road to thinking of her differently.
I love how much thought she's putting into her feelings/attractions for Clark here...and yes, anything you do Lois, keeps Clark thinking of you in that special way--he can't help it, he loves you, too love

Will be waiting anxiously to read the next part...

GREAT job! Wonderful story!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/29/14 12:20 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Just catching up.

Great start. I love that Lois realises her feelings for Clark. His reaction to (almost?) seeing her signature was priceless.

Corrina.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
Lois used to doodle the 'S' on her pad … now she doodles something else.
So…married Lois not wanting to cause an SLaV-situation?

"So … uh … Myerson. You're on the 'Mayor may be gambling away the city's money' story?"
That’s what they call ‘investing the money’ these days.

"Peterson. You better have that football cheating scandal to me by end of play today or so help me..."
Married star quarterback cheating on his mistress with a random bar skank?

"Lois … darlin'," Perry leaned over and rested his elbows on the table. "Dock fires," he spoke in a gentle, but slightly condescending tone.
laugh What’s up with her? She gotten blue stripes on her stick or something?

just as soon as he's back from taking his neighbour's dog to be put down."
shock

She knew if she were to turn back a few pages there would be some pretty damning evidence of her current state of mind.
evil Racy drawings of her and Clark?

along with months of carefully studying his chest … um, the symbol on his chest.
laugh

If she doodled them together on her pad then it meant nothing more … really … it meant nothing.
Yeah…right.

It was crystal clear that linking a capital 'C' and capital 'K' with a double 'L' meant everything.
A couple of months ago…it means that Clark Kent is out to get Lex Luthor :p

Only last week she'd doodled it for the first time, pretending to be signing her name. It had kind of been an accident, expanding on the LL and CK fully, except … a couple of words got missed. Accidentally.
rotflol clap

Lois widened her eyes in shock, looking up at her partner, and then spread her fingers out to cover her notepad.
[Linked Image]

Either that, or an equal response. Something she could do which would have the same reaction in him. Something to set his heart pounding, maybe start him on the road to thinking of her differently.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

He brought up his hand to his neck and winced momentarily before recovering from the shock and grinning down at her.
So…he saw?

"Oh, Clark, I'm sorry." She stood up from her seat, apologising profusely. Her pen dropped from her fingers to clatter back onto the desk.
Oh. She stuck the pen into his jugular vein?

Lois licked her thumb and then began to swipe at the blue mark. Pressing as hard as she dared, and rubbing, had no effect. "Grrr," she growled and wet her finger even more, to try again.
:rotfloL:

Lois looked up and frowned in confusion. She shook her head and let out a tiny laugh as she replied. "Ready." Either the pen wouldn't come off, or Clark had forgotten what he was visiting the restroom for by the time he got there.
Uh-oh. Now Superman is out there, a marked man.

As they both approached the steps up to the elevator, a little snippet of a scene played out in her head. She saw Clark pushing open the door to the men's room, striding in then stopping in confusion. 'What am I doing in here?' came the softly mumbled thought. She saw Clark shrug and then turn into a stall. 'May as well take the opportunity,' was his next comment.
laugh

He could suffer embarrassment all day as penance for nearly finding out her deepest secret.
clap

He could stay like that, and every time Lois saw that pen strike she would be able to find a little strength to counter the insane attraction she felt for him.
Yeah…right. Or the need to scribble ‘Lois Kent’ onto his neck. evil

Fun start! Looking forward to going through the rest.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!

Hi Michael

Lois used to doodle the 'S' on her pad … now she doodles something else.
So…married Lois not wanting to cause an SLaV-situation?

*laughs* We're not that far in the future, yet.

That’s what they call ‘investing the money’ these days.

*nods* Yup.

Ooooo, now that would be a scandal.

laugh What’s up with her? She gotten blue stripes on her stick or something?

She's distracted by her thoughts ... but it's definitely not that!

just as soon as he's back from taking his neighbour's dog to be put down."
shock

How come everyone is shocked at this excuse?

evil Racy drawings of her and Clark?

Whoa!!!

Either that, or an equal response. Something she could do which would have the same reaction in him. Something to set his heart pounding, maybe start him on the road to thinking of her differently.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Yes, but what Lois doesn't know is that EVERYTHING she does gets him all 'hot and bothered'.

He brought up his hand to his neck and winced momentarily before recovering from the shock and grinning down at her.
So…he saw?

Nope. smile

"Oh, Clark, I'm sorry." She stood up from her seat, apologising profusely. Her pen dropped from her fingers to clatter back onto the desk.
Oh. She stuck the pen into his jugular vein?

LOL

Uh-oh. Now Superman is out there, a marked man.

Yup. So, what's gonna happen eh?

Fun start! Looking forward to going through the rest.

wave Michael

Thanks. Can't wait for your next comments.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

*laughs* We're not that far in the future, yet.
TEMPUS: razz

Quote:

Ooooo, now that would be a scandal.
devil

Quote: just as soon as he's back from taking his neighbour's dog to be put down."
Quote: shock

How come everyone is shocked at this excuse?
Well…puppy!

Yes, but what Lois doesn't know is that EVERYTHING she does gets him all 'hot and bothered'.
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard