Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comment away please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
For some reason she remembered the pact the following day. And then made you swear again when she was sober.
jawdrop Now *that* I hadn't expected.

It would be too complicated being married to her, having to explain things, having to hide things.
They really are two of a kind, aren't they? Each wanting to marry the other, each afraid to do so, each planning to keep secrets from the other if they should actually marry -- secrets that would be much better shared.

“While I’m at it why don’t I see if I can find my own Prince Charming? I just need to make sure I put in the right answers to score myself a super guy.”
Now why do I get the feeling that she will find just that? (Cue Jimmy Buffet music: "If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...")

Joy,
Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 06/29/14 08:35 PM.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh great, they are both in a panic about the pact. This should be easy just agree to end the pact but this is Lois and Clark they could never do something that easy. Plus deep inside they neither one want to end the pact they both really want to go through with it. This could be both exasperating and hysterical for the next year as they dance around figuring that out and admitting it...

I guess Perry will end up having to step in and referee as they don't look like they will be able to work together (heck be in the same room) if they both stay in the emotional state they appear to be in right now.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
I bet that dating site will match them up. grin

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Annie B.

How could it not!!

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mid-30's, and they still don't have their acts together. Sigh. wink

It would be fun if the dating site matched them up. Kind of a "Shop Around the Corner"/"You've Got Mail" take. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They are in their thirties and still playing games?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
What does Clark like? Or rather, what does he want his perfect girl to like? Think, Lois, think.

That final sentence would be a whole lot closer to the truth without both the second 'think' and the first comma. laugh

Very nice start.

Corrina.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for all the comments.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
For some reason she remembered the pact the following day. And then made you swear again when she was sober.
jawdrop Now *that* I hadn't expected.

*grin* Really! How many people thought Lois didn't really mean it back in the Prologue?

They really are two of a kind, aren't they? Each wanting to marry the other, each afraid to do so, each planning to keep secrets from the other if they should actually marry -- secrets that would be much better shared.

Oh yeah. You really expect them to tell the truth, trust the other, from the very start? Where would the story be then>

“While I’m at it why don’t I see if I can find my own Prince Charming? I just need to make sure I put in the right answers to score myself a super guy.”
Now why do I get the feeling that she will find just that? (Cue Jimmy Buffet music: "If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain...")

Joy,
Lynn

You think Lois will find Prince Charming, or you think she'll find a super guy? smile

Originally Posted by Mike M
Oh great, they are both in a panic about the pact. This should be easy just agree to end the pact but this is Lois and Clark they could never do something that easy. Plus deep inside they neither one want to end the pact they both really want to go through with it. This could be both exasperating and hysterical for the next year as they dance around figuring that out and admitting it...

*nods* You've got it right, there.

Really. *frowns*

Originally Posted by Mike M

How could it not!!

Mike

*Laughs*

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Mid-30's, and they still don't have their acts together. Sigh. wink

It would be fun if the dating site matched them up. Kind of a "Shop Around the Corner"/"You've Got Mail" take. laugh

Yeah. Prologue = 26 years old. Chapter 1 = 34 years old. Still not sorted out their love lives. *tut* *tut*

Originally Posted by Morgana
They are in their thirties and still playing games?

Depends on what you mean by playing games. They do play Trivial Pursuit in Chapter 5!

Originally Posted by Female Hawk
What does Clark like? Or rather, what does he want his perfect girl to like? Think, Lois, think.

That final sentence would be a whole lot closer to the truth without both the second 'think' and the first comma. laugh

Very nice start.

Corrina.

Subtle change in grammar there, Corrina! *grins*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting! I am really loving this story...

Both in a bit of a panic--knowing deep down what they want, scared to go for it...and now Lois trying to not only set Clark up, but also herself. Why do I see a few painful dates in their futures (them both going on dates with other people and the other one being miserable knowing they are out on the date, and likewise, each of them going on dates with others--and all the while on the date, being miserable knowing they'd rather be out with each other instead)?

I'm hoping for them being matching up--come on, they really are perfect together...everyone can see it (even them, I think here, when they are being totally honest with themselves wink ).

Hoping the Pact does indeed stand true and they end up saying 'I do' hyper clap dance
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/07/14 09:09 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Interesting! I am really loving this story...

Both in a bit of a panic--knowing deep down what they want, scared to go for it...and now Lois trying to not only set Clark up, but also herself.

Well, she wants a way ... any way at all ... to make the Pact invalid. She's increasing her chances by trying to get both of them in a relationship rather than only one.

Why do I see a few painful dates in their futures (them both going on dates with other people and the other one being miserable knowing they are out on the date, and likewise, each of them going on dates with others--and all the while on the date, being miserable knowing they'd rather be out with each other instead)?

LOL. That would be good. But that would also require both of them to know that the other was actively trying to get out of The Pact. At the moment ... no one is talking!!!!

I'm hoping for them being matching up--come on, they really are perfect together...everyone can see it (even them, I think here, when they are being totally honest with themselves wink ).

Everyone is hoping they will be matched up! smile

Hoping the Pact does indeed stand true and they end up saying 'I do' hyper clap dance
Laura

I don't think it will be a spoiler to tell you that ... The Pact will get fulfilled. Hope that makes you happy.

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I posted:

Hoping the Pact does indeed stand true and they end up saying 'I do'

KK posted:

I don't think it will be a spoiler to tell you that ... The Pact will get fulfilled. Hope that makes you happy.

party clap hyper jump sloppy (that would be a 'YES!!!' ). Woo-hoo! Really looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds...

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Take a deep breath, Lois. Prepare. How are you going to start this day on top?
laugh She *does* like to be on top.
CLARK: My top banana [Linked Image]

“Too long, if I can’t remember. I’ve been too focussed on my career to even want a date with anyone.”
/buys Lois a cat/

“I can’t marry him. I just can’t. It would be too hard. It’s hard enough hiding my heart from him already, and we only spend work time together.”
Aww… also, maybe someone should explain ‘marriage’ to her and how ‘heart’ factors into it.

A little internal ‘lie monitor’ poked her but she refused to acknowledge, out loud, all the evenings and weekends that were spent together outside of work time.
clap

Lois Lane Kent

When Lois realised she was smiling ... quite widely ... she dropped them immediately.
evil

Even if I’m only ‘dating’ then The Pact is invalid.”
I never understood those pacts. What if you’re seeing someone around 35 but then break up some time later. Would the pact get invoked by default?

“But there’s no-one willing to go on a date with me anymore,” she admitted.
Well…not if she keeps sending her boyfriends to jail.

“That’s it.” She sprung up. “I’ll find someone for him. I’ll find Clark his soulmate.”
Someone got a mirror?

“I just need to do it in only a couple of months.”
rotflol

then glanced down towards the twin desks.

Clark Kent
Lois Lane

The two nameplates stood out to her.

[…]

then glanced down towards the twin desks.

Clark Kent
Lois Lane

The two nameplates stood out to him.
clap

What? Why is she acting like I caught her doing something she shouldn’t?
Curious…

You know that time is running out. For some reason she remembered the pact the following day. And then made you swear again when she was sober. Or maybe she wasn’t really that drunk to start with.
Her brain remembers the important stuff…
CANON LOIS: razz I *did* remember Clark. Eventually.

But, as time went on, it became clear that his heart had been playing 'possum', letting his head think it had won. Well, now the 'possum' had woken up.
laugh

Maybe she’s finally forgotten. That’s good. It would be too complicated being married to her, having to explain things, having to hide things. Yes, I’m glad she’s forgotten.
Yeah…they’ve been best friends for years and he hasn’t told her yet. That’s so going to go over well…

Or rather, what does he want his perfect girl to like?
Late night outings. Some light B&E to pass the time. Dressing up in sexy costumes. Bondage.

laugh

The other FoLCs are right. This got to match them up :p

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Maybe she’s finally forgotten. That’s good. It would be too complicated being married to her, having to explain things, having to hide things. Yes, I’m glad she’s forgotten.
Yeah…they’ve been best friends for years and he hasn’t told her yet. That’s so going to go over well…

wave Michael

I totally agree. Victoria did not think it would be THAT big of a deal because she did not have them in a romantic relationship for this period of time. Only a marriage pact rotflol

As I said before who needs Nightfall. The Lois explosion could end the world. Maybe he should bring up Virginia's line in my sig as a defense...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Take a deep breath, Lois. Prepare. How are you going to start this day on top?
laugh She *does* like to be on top.
CLARK: My top banana [Linked Image]

Oh yes. We all know that.

“Too long, if I can’t remember. I’ve been too focussed on my career to even want a date with anyone.”
/buys Lois a cat/

rotflol

“I can’t marry him. I just can’t. It would be too hard. It’s hard enough hiding my heart from him already, and we only spend work time together.”
Aww… also, maybe someone should explain ‘marriage’ to her and how ‘heart’ factors into it.

I don't think Lois is ready to listen to any kind of reason at the moment.

Even if I’m only ‘dating’ then The Pact is invalid.”
I never understood those pacts. What if you’re seeing someone around 35 but then break up some time later. Would the pact get invoked by default?

You know, I've never thought about that either. What would happen? Seeing someone from age 33 to about 38 but then break up? Hmm.

“But there’s no-one willing to go on a date with me anymore,” she admitted.
Well…not if she keeps sending her boyfriends to jail.

lol

“That’s it.” She sprung up. “I’ll find someone for him. I’ll find Clark his soulmate.”
Someone got a mirror?

Um, yep, that would be right. But I don't think anyone did. Shame.

You never know!

Or rather, what does he want his perfect girl to like?
Late night outings. Some light B&E to pass the time. Dressing up in sexy costumes. Bondage.

What is going on in your mind, Michael? *tut*

laugh

Maybe she will score a 'super' guy. What do you think?

The other FoLCs are right. This got to match them up :p

wave Michael

You really think so? *grin*

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

I don't think Lois is ready to listen to any kind of reason at the moment.
As compared to…?

You know, I've never thought about that either. What would happen? Seeing someone from age 33 to about 38 but then break up? Hmm.
evil

You never know!
Riiiight…

What is going on in your mind, Michael? *tut*
What? Lois usually dresses slutty, breaks into offices and gets cuffed in the process. What have you been thinking? devil

Maybe she will score a 'super' guy. What do you think?
evil

You really think so? *grin*
[Linked Image] And faster than you can say ‘Chekov’.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard