Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you enjoyed this opening. From chapter one we are then eight years further on ... it's nearly the deadline for The Pact! What do you think is going to happen?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun premise!

Two questions: Do you know how many parts there will be in this story? And do you have a posting schedule in mind?

So, what do I think is going to happen? If Lois had been too drunk to remember the pact, there wouldn't be much of a story; after all, there's no way Clark would hold her to it. Similarly, if she remembered the pact but didn't wish to follow through on it, she would have no qualms about feigning forgetfulness; she would know Clark well enough to know that he wouldn't hold her to a pact made while she was, at best, tipsy. And finally, if either of them had gotten married, the pact would be rendered null and void. Therefore, I would assume that it is safe to guess that:

a) Both Lois and Clark are still single.
b) Both remember the pact.
c) Lois will want to hold Clark to it.

A more tentative guess is that Lois might be hesitant to bring the pact up, thinking that Clark may have made it just to humour her. And if she does bring it up, Clark might think that she is doing so out of a sense of obligation, and/or this semi-Reeve-version of Clark might hesitate to compromise his secret identity and his Superman-first world-view by taking her up on it. I'm guessing that somehow, Lois's actions will help this Clark morph more into the L&C Clark-is-who-I-am-Superman-is-what-I-can-do version of Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well at least we don't have to sit through 8 years of them dancing around the pact.

I love the idea, just wondering how Clark (and Lois for that matter) could have waited 8 years to just let it happen. I assume there is going to be a fair bit of panic as the pact date gets closer at least on Lois's part...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just read the TOC where a bit more was revealed. Obviously Lois remembers the pact and is in a bit of panic mode. Panic and jealously what a great combination to work through.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a fun premise!

Two questions: Do you know how many parts there will be in this story? And do you have a posting schedule in mind?

There are 18 chapters, plus prologue and epilogue. I'm expecting to post twice a week, Wed and Sat.

So, what do I think is going to happen? If Lois had been too drunk to remember the pact, there wouldn't be much of a story; after all, there's no way Clark would hold her to it. Similarly, if she remembered the pact but didn't wish to follow through on it, she would have no qualms about feigning forgetfulness; she would know Clark well enough to know that he wouldn't hold her to a pact made while she was, at best, tipsy. And finally, if either of them had gotten married, the pact would be rendered null and void. Therefore, I would assume that it is safe to guess that:

a) Both Lois and Clark are still single.
b) Both remember the pact.
c) Lois will want to hold Clark to it.

A more tentative guess is that Lois might be hesitant to bring the pact up, thinking that Clark may have made it just to humour her. And if she does bring it up, Clark might think that she is doing so out of a sense of obligation, and/or this semi-Reeve-version of Clark might hesitate to compromise his secret identity and his Superman-first world-view by taking her up on it. I'm guessing that somehow, Lois's actions will help this Clark morph more into the L&C Clark-is-who-I-am-Superman-is-what-I-can-do version of Clark.

Joy,
Lynn

Wow, great speculations. Yes they are both still single, yes they both remember the pact. Hmmm, Lois wanting to hold Clark to it? Well, initially, in the first few years of the pact, they were both happy to talk about it, feeling it was too far off to be real, but now it's nearly here... you'll have to wait and see who wants out and who wants it to go ahead ...

Originally Posted by Mike M
Well at least we don't have to sit through 8 years of them dancing around the pact.

I love the idea, just wondering how Clark (and Lois for that matter) could have waited 8 years to just let it happen. I assume there is going to be a fair bit of panic as the pact date gets closer at least on Lois's part...

Mike

Nope, I'm not making you read through the eight years of 'friendship' story.

How did they let it go eight years? Well, their working life and partnership hasn't been exactly like the show. It wasn't disaster and danger every day, although they became friends they didn't have the wild, intense, emotional ride of cannon LnC. Lois' feelings for Clark developed much slower and Clark still clung to his 'Superman can't have a wife' theory.

'Assuming panic' is a pretty good place to start.

Originally Posted by Mike M
I just read the TOC where a bit more was revealed. Obviously Lois remembers the pact and is in a bit of panic mode. Panic and jealously what a great combination to work through.

Mike

Absolutely. Just wait till you see what the panic and jealousy lead her to do!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It looks like it's going to be a great story! Fastening the seat belt for the fast forward! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
It looks like it's going to be a great story! Fastening the seat belt for the fast forward! hyper

Andreia

Yes, you are now traveling eight years in the space of a minute ... hold on tight!!

KatherineKent/Victoria
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Horribly behind on the boards and catching up today.

This-Looks-REALLY-Great! smile

I am loving the premise of the story, and can't wait to see what 8 years ahead looks like. I can just see it....8 years ago, it all seemed like so far off--like not really a possibility, just more a little element in their friendship. Then the years start to tick by. They get to know each other better....and better. Friends to the best of friends. All of a sudden, the pact that was so far down the road, is approaching a reality. So intriguing! What is going to happen? I'm sure Lois remembers everything...and like was stated, panic is setting in. Clark? Yeah, Clark wouldn't forget something like this...I am really curious to see where Clark's head is now.

Great idea, KK clap
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Horribly behind on the boards and catching up today.

This-Looks-REALLY-Great! smile

Thanks smile

I am loving the premise of the story, and can't wait to see what 8 years ahead looks like. I can just see it....8 years ago, it all seemed like so far off--like not really a possibility, just more a little element in their friendship. Then the years start to tick by. They get to know each other better....and better. Friends to the best of friends. All of a sudden, the pact that was so far down the road, is approaching a reality. So intriguing! What is going to happen? I'm sure Lois remembers everything...and like was stated, panic is setting in. Clark? Yeah, Clark wouldn't forget something like this...I am really curious to see where Clark's head is now.

Great idea, KK clap
Laura

You've summarized the idea perfectly. It was a good idea, and Lois really wanted it ... at the time ... and it seemed so far ahead ... but now it's here!!!!!

Hope the rest of the story lives up to what you are expecting.

KatherineKent/Victoria
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Interesting story. Sorry I am so far behind on the boards. I am sad that Clark is going to have to wait so long to marry Lois. ):

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic! Looking forward to this nice, looooong story! hyper
Clark and Lois vow to marry each other at 35 if they haven’t found anyone else. It’s Lois’ 34th birthday and she keeps setting Clark up on dates with other women. Is she dreading marrying him so much?
[Linked Image]

"Of course you are. It's just … most people usually feel happy on their birthday," Clark explained.
PEOPLE EVERYWHERE: Yippieeeh! Another year has just gone by hyper
wink

He was patronising her, in that gentle and sweet way. She laughed, then hiccoughed.
So…drunk?

"But most people don't spend their birthdays held hostage in a warehouse on Hobs Bay. And most people don't feel shamed beyond shame when they are finally rescued by Superman only to realise that they are still covered in the mud they'd trudged through following the suspected traffickers which then led to said hostage situation. And …"
rotflol

But, considering her mother's … affliction … she'd been sure not to over-indulge.
So…just enough so she won’t wake up sometime the next day lying in a puddle in Centennial Park?

"I can be over in just a second, Lois," he pleaded with her.

"Okay," she capitulated.
He meant literally.

It seemed only moments later when Clark was stroking her arm to rouse her.
Clark! Naughty boy!

"Come on Lois, I think I'll put you to bed."

"Huh!" she questioned.

Clark slid his arms around her and she found herself being carried into the bedroom.
hyper A lot of great stories have started with Clark taking an inebriated Lois to bed hyper

Gazing at her he reminded himself of the fact he was Superman. He had a higher calling. He was destined to be alone. And he'd even come to accept and embrace that philosophy, over time. He had no regrets over choosing to be a bachelor. None.
Riiiiight…

In fact, even though his heart seemed addicted to this women, his head wasn't all that sure if he liked her. She was rude, mean, stubborn … and she definitely had no respect or like for him. She'd made her feelings for him, feelings of resentment and loathing, well known during their first few weeks working together. He'd worked hard to change that view, and now, three months later, he was reaping some small rewards.
Well…considering she has invited him into her apartment and he’s now standing in her boudoir, I’d say, the loathing has quite diminished.

Clark widened his eyes in surprise. Really? Best friend, after only three months? Maybe my hard work has paid off even more than I expected.
No…he just didn’t try to sleep with her boss or stole her story to point where he published it under his name.

“Will you promise to spend every birthday with me, Clark?”
What’s her future husband going to say about that.
CLARK: I’m fine with that.

“What-” she stopped and gulped. “What if no-one ever wants to marry me?”
Nah…she’s gangster bait, so…don’t cha worry.

“Come on, Clark. I don’t want to be alone. I want a wedding. You’re my last hope.”
Awwww

"Well, thirty is too soon. I'm already twenty-six. Four years doesn't give me long to find Mr Perfect. But forty seems too far away. And what if I want children, it's too late by then."
jawdrop

Clark moved away a little and tried to finally assess how drunk she was. Will she remember this in the morning? Hopefully not, but it will comfort her tonight if I give her what she wants. Tomorrow we'll go back to the status quo.
Funny…one might think… [Linked Image]

She didn’t reply, just nodded down at her hand and motioned. Clark sighed and linked his little finger with hers, then they shook.
hyper

/got to get more [Linked Image]/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by John Lambert
Interesting story. Sorry I am so far behind on the boards. I am sad that Clark is going to have to wait so long to marry Lois. ):

Well, in this story he doesn't mind so much ... at least at the moment ... and at least in his conscious mind. He's ignoring his subconscious and his heart!

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic! Looking forward to this nice, looooong story! hyper

Long! Don't be getting me confused with Virgiana! LOL.

Well. It's long for me anyway. I think I've only got one other that's longer and it's probably gonna get posted, gradually, in the Smallville section soon.

He was patronising her, in that gentle and sweet way. She laughed, then hiccoughed.
So…drunk?

A little ... only a little.

But, considering her mother's … affliction … she'd been sure not to over-indulge.
So…just enough so she won’t wake up sometime the next day lying in a puddle in Centennial Park?

Definitely!

"I can be over in just a second, Lois," he pleaded with her.

"Okay," she capitulated.
He meant literally.

Yep, he did.

It seemed only moments later when Clark was stroking her arm to rouse her.
Clark! Naughty boy!

rotflol

"Come on Lois, I think I'll put you to bed."

"Huh!" she questioned.

Clark slid his arms around her and she found herself being carried into the bedroom.
hyper A lot of great stories have started with Clark taking an inebriated Lois to bed hyper

LOL. Sorry to disappoint you, Michael. lol Hopefully you will think this is a great story, but ... that didn't happen.

Gazing at her he reminded himself of the fact he was Superman. He had a higher calling. He was destined to be alone. And he'd even come to accept and embrace that philosophy, over time. He had no regrets over choosing to be a bachelor. None.
Riiiiight…

He doesn't. *raises eyebrows* Really!

Well…considering she has invited him into her apartment and he’s now standing in her boudoir, I’d say, the loathing has quite diminished.

Hmm, I think there might be a bit of trust showing on Lois' part eh? Yeah.

Clark widened his eyes in surprise. Really? Best friend, after only three months? Maybe my hard work has paid off even more than I expected.
No…he just didn’t try to sleep with her boss or stole her story to point where he published it under his name.

Well, I guess that would put him quite a bit further up her list than 'whatshisname'.

“Will you promise to spend every birthday with me, Clark?”

You took the words straight out of Clark's mouth himself. Wow.

“What-” she stopped and gulped. “What if no-one ever wants to marry me?”
Nah…she’s gangster bait, so…don’t cha worry.

lol

“Come on, Clark. I don’t want to be alone. I want a wedding. You’re my last hope.”
Awwww

smile

"Well, thirty is too soon. I'm already twenty-six. Four years doesn't give me long to find Mr Perfect. But forty seems too far away. And what if I want children, it's too late by then."
jawdrop

Surprised at what Lois is saying eh? To say that she's drunk ... well tipsy ... she's being very logical. Or maybe this is something she's thought about before!

Clark moved away a little and tried to finally assess how drunk she was. Will she remember this in the morning? Hopefully not, but it will comfort her tonight if I give her what she wants. Tomorrow we'll go back to the status quo.
Funny…one might think… [Linked Image]

Still after that story, Michael? laugh

She didn’t reply, just nodded down at her hand and motioned. Clark sighed and linked his little finger with hers, then they shook.
hyper

Yeah. It's exciting. They kind of got engaged.

/got to get more [Linked Image]/

wave Michael

Thanks Michael. I'll get to your following FDKs soon.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
lol 18-parts is a nice, long story. Okay, you parts a bit shorter than the old 4000 words/part average, aren’t they? Anyhow, it’s still tons of fluffy banter hyper

LOL. Sorry to disappoint you, Michael. lol Hopefully you will think this is a great story, but ... that didn't happen.
[Linked Image] It’s just a go-to reflex. The first story other than the 5th and 6th season series that I read of Pam Jernigan’s H is for Hubris.

He had no regrets over choosing to be a bachelor. None.
Riiiiight…

/squints/ Okay.

Well, I guess that would put him quite a bit further up her list than 'whatshisname'.
She does seem easy to please.

You took the words straight out of Clark's mouth himself. Wow.
[Linked Image]

Surprised at what Lois is saying eh? To say that she's drunk ... well tipsy ... she's being very logical. Or maybe this is something she's thought about before!
thud

Still after that story, Michael? laugh
Did I already mention those wonderful tracks over there.

Yeah. It's exciting. They kind of got engaged.
clap

You’re welcome and I hope you enjoy smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!
lol 18-parts is a nice, long story. Okay, you parts a bit shorter than the old 4000 words/part average, aren’t they? Anyhow, it’s still tons of fluffy banter hyper
Well, they seem to get longer as the story goes on. The first few chapters are gradual set-up. It always seems to work that way for me. LOL.

He had no regrets over choosing to be a bachelor. None.
Riiiiight…

/squints/ Okay.
*whistles* Can't understand why you don't believe me.

She does seem easy to please.
Lois, easy to please!!!! What?

You’re welcome and I hope you enjoy smile1

wave Michael
Thanks. smile

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
Well, they seem to get longer as the story goes on. The first few chapters are gradual set-up. It always seems to work that way for me. LOL.
smile1

*whistles* Can't understand why you don't believe me.
[Linked Image]

Lois, easy to please!!!! What?
Well…considering her requirements for getting ahead further…

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard