Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hope you're enjoying this little fic! Let me know how much in the comments below! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Now maybe we are getting somewhere. This part just made me smile a lot. Probably Clark finally finding some backbone to do something about the situation. Since Max knows the secret maybe he will slip and fall back into the harbor??

As has been mentioned before just about everything Max has done has been counter productive to Lois regaining her memory. Many experts say to let the person attempt to regain their memories on their own but they also say they must remain in familiar settings if they are going to do so. I doubt the South of France would be considered to be familiar settings for Lois. Probably the best thing that Clark could have done to help her was 1. Take her home (he is doing that) and 2. Let her know that Superman and Clark are the same person. You remember how confused Lois was with her feelings for two different men? Well with her memories lost and those feelings coming back the worst thing to do for her is to confuse her with that seeming conflict since there really isn't one. Probably (obviously) the next part...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“Lois, there is something I’ve been meaning to ask you,” Max said softly, sounding a bit nervous. “We’ve been together a long while now, and even though I’d never want to push you into anything…”
:shocK:

He stopped and turned to her, fishing something out of his pocket.
He does realize that Lois is bound to jump into the ocean upon getting proposed to, right?

Suddenly, three thugs jumped out from behind some boxes, each wielding a knife, startling them
hyper A romantic proposal after all! Lois will be so happy!

“Max!” Lois cried, instinctively drawing herself closer to him for protection.
No, Lois. You push your beau towards the goons. Either he’s Clark, and thus invulnerable, or he is a fraud and thus to be stabbed.

“The girl… she’s coming with us,” said one of the thugs in a heavy French accent. “Elle en a trop vu.”
:shocK: They want company! help
Also…
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
At least Clark was nearby, though. He didn’t have a plan yet, but one way or another, he was going to get his Lois back.
Maybe if he got her kidnapped by the goons…?
/whistles casually...
peep

Deter held Lois close to him, backing up slowly as the thugs closed in on them.
confused Why? Is he still trying to make brownie points for when he gets her back?

“Si tu bouges—“ said the thug, and then he made a slicing motion across her throat.
“You will be cooking Foie gras for us”?

She nodded fearfully, getting the gist of what he said, if not understanding the words.
Poor Lois, so afraid of becoming a kitchen wench and what they will do when they find out she can’t cook without a microwave. And microwave dinners.

She couldn’t see if Max had made it out of the water or not.
Maybe he gets pulled into some ship’s screw?

Lois tried not to panic, but she had the strangest feeling that she had been in situations like this before. Why she sensed that, she had no idea, but she thought she must be crazy to think getting kidnapped was in any way a normal occurrence.
laugh So, will she rate them C-? After al, this is a rather rustic approach compared to her usual fare.

suddenly wondering if she believed in ghosts.
clap

“Lois Lane,” said the guy in a heavy French accent. “C’est toi. Qu’est-ce que tu fiches ici?”
Oh boy…

Lois thought ‘décidera’ sounded like the verb for decide, and she wondered if that meant whoever Mr. Hernot was, they would wait for him to decide her fate.
So, the thugs are smart enough to recognize Lois Lane but not smart enough to realize that she is a Superman magnet and that it’s best to either immediate dispose of the body or else run for the hills, but leave her behind?

The longer she looked, the more certain she grew that there was something important that she should know about him, something that would reassure her.
He loves her? He likes pizza as much as she does? He doesn’t steal her chocolates? Oh. Right. He’s Batman!

Clark reached into the water and grabbed a hand, as a man desperately flailed for safety. As Clark pulled him out, he realized that he had just rescued Dr. Deter.
And back he goes.
CLARK: What? Small fish. Goes back into sea.

And while he wasn’t his favorite person, it only sent Clark into a panic about how this had happened to Deter
Oh. Right.

and whether something worse could have happened to Lois.
He’s got to *ask*? Either Lois slapped him and pushed him into the sea or she got kidnapped.

Deter shook his head. “No, I’ll be fine… I wasn’t in there long. I just—“ he continued breathing heavily. “I’m not a very good swimmer.”
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

He looked at Deter, and seeing his expression, Clark knew instantly what Deter had done. Or tried to do. “Is this---were you proposing?” Clark sputtered.

Deter had the grace to look ashamed. “I—I thought—“

Clark stood up, anger boiling inside him. “You didn’t think!”
He thought with his smaller self? Also, does Deter think the diamond will look good when wedged into his third molar?

Without caring about the consequences, he took the small velvet box and crushed it in his palm. As Clark let the velvety dust scatter out of his hand, he relished the dumbfounded look that appeared on Deter’s face at such a feat.
Oh boy. Now what have you done?
CLARK: What? I can just Nor him.

Clark spun into the suit, and shot up into the sky, not even staying long enough to see Deter’s astounded reaction. Clark knew he was acting recklessly, revealing his identity to Deter like that, but he was so frustrated and so angry at how Deter had manipulated Lois. The man deserved a shock…
LOIS: wallbash

Clark scanned the building. Despite the array of lead pipes and lead bars, he easily spotted her through the mortared walls. He also saw a handful of men nearby, most likely the thugs that had captured her. Clark almost smiled, knowing that at least the rescue would be fairly easy. He swept in quickly, rounding up the three men.
See? Not very smart thugs after all.

He approached her slowly, not wanting to scare her. “Care for a rescue, Miss Lane?” he asked flippantly, hiding the depths of his true emotions.
LOIS: Finally. Been about time. You made a stop for some escargot?

“Superman,” was all she said, her brow knotted together
hyper It still lacks the fangirl reverie, but it’s a start.

It was like she was trying to solve a puzzle, and Clark longed to help her put the pieces together.
Well, Deter tried to put the pieces together but Lois said no huh

“Lois, we do know each other. Very well, in fact,” he answered huskily.

“Oh? So you’ve rescued me before?” she asked, intrigued.
laugh Also, will she think she has had intimate relations with Superman while engaged to Clark?

“Yes. Many times, actually.”

“Am I so careless?” Her question sounded self-incriminating.
rotflol

She knew Deter’s proposal had felt out of place, and yet, in Superman’s arms, she somehow felt like she belonged.
Oh boy.
CLARK: Oh no…Not *again*!

“I just wonder, with this connection between us, whatever it is—what if I remembered everything if you kissed me. Silly right?”
Yeah. That’s not how Kryptonians work.
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] I only gave her a quick kiss when I got her back from Luthor. I certainly never…
ER: But he could kiss Deter!

“Well, princess? Did it work?” he teased.
LOIS: Daddy?

She stepped closer to him, just as it started to rain. “Take me home, Superman.”
smile1

So…about part #4…?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Well the cat's out of the bag for Deter. His proposal truly came out of nowhere though. Why? It didn't make any sense to me. Is he JUST using it to TRY and get her into bed? Also I had one other thought... was that Clark's ring (wouldn't that be in her effects)?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I so did not anticipate the reveal to Deter in here. I've a feeling that that was the not-so-good doctor's death sentence. At least, historically in most media, with the sole exception of Lois, if a character finds out that CK=S, they don't live to see the end of the episode/issue. And even Lois gets her mind wiped at times. Or if Deter does live, perhaps he'll be committed. There would definitely be poetic justice in that.

This part ended on a more promising note than I had anticipated.

Looking forward to the final part.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
No, Lois. You push your beau towards the goons. Either he’s Clark, and thus invulnerable, or he is a fraud and thus to be stabbed.
LOL Imagine this is Lois, pushing Deter towards the goons ---> notworthy

Originally Posted by Christina
Also I had one other thought... was that Clark's ring (wouldn't that be in her effects)?
No! This was Deter's ring and idea, all the way around. Remember that Clark held onto Lois' ring.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Or if Deter does live, perhaps he'll be committed. There would definitely be poetic justice in that.
whistle You'll have to read the next part to find out how I handle him. But there are an awful lot of you who want Deter dead already... evil

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Off to post the final part! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard