Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Need to catch up on prior chapters? Thanks to LabRat and Mike M there's a handy TOC. Chapter 19 will be posted Tuesday morning.

So, what do you think?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Again a fun part. Clearly Kara is going to have lots of practice at keeping "The Secret" by the time she gets home.

I am not sure when how long a time you're going to let pass before Lois and Clark arrive.

I am assuming that at some point the US Military is going to move in and attempt to grab her. With the number of friends she has it will be fairly easy for them to control her.

I don't know how you plan to recuse her but I really hope part of the rescue is a well documented news report by Lois and Clark posted on the internet or in a local paper that goes viral.

I understand that for credibility they may need to use pseudonyms but I think it would be great fun if it is the reporter aspect of her parents that provides the real help.

Are you planing some time jumps? In part 15 you set up the structure for time jumps.
“The time machine is still a time machine, right? If we arrive there long after Kara, why can’t we just go back and get her right after she and Tempus arrive?”

Wells frowned. “That is a possibility. However, doing so will change the course of events in that reality, and the longer after them you arrive, the more it will change. You will undo every effect of her being there, and she will lose all memory of anything that has happened after you remove her. You should take care to understand the impact before making such a decision.”

So clearly you can arrange for some really bad things to happen and have Lois and Clark arrive and deal with it but decide the emotional scars and the elapsed time make it better to go back to an earlier time and rescue her.

Have you seen the Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode Time's Orphan?
http://www.startrek.com/database_article/times-orphan

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can only say that at this pace most of Milford will know the secret by Part 22... However Penny is correct in the fact that since almost the entire world knows of her father and his secret identity via the comics of this dimension it makes it more difficult to keep everything under wraps when information does get out. Connecting the dots is easier when you have a frame of reference.

Maybe Kara should have adopted a completely different identity (UltraGirl rotflol ??) to at least thrown them somewhat off track. Anyway she should probably stay away from Comic Conventions...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I'm amazed how much has happened already and we are only a third of the way through. Great story with well written characters. I have a son the same age as Kara. You are getting the tone and emotions of a young girl with a lot of pressure. Looks like a race to see who gets to her first - the government or her parents. Would like to see more of Caitlan's reactions. Can't be easy on her to share the secret and less time with her big sister.

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I am not sure when how long a time you're going to let pass before Lois and Clark arrive.
Mr. Wells described the possible time displacement back in Chapter 15: up to eight weeks either side of their target date. So it could be any moment now, or it could be a couple of months.

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Have you seen the Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode Time's Orphan?
I meant to respond to this the first time. No, I haven't, but I went and read the synopsis you linked. It sounds like a great story.

AndyG: Caitlin has some important parts to play. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh-oh. The government guys are definitely connecting the dots. Kara's identity will be discovered soon. This can't be good.
I do like:
"If you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, man, you definitely don’t touch a hair on his daughter’s head.”

And another great line:
She quirked a small smile. “You’ve got her, but who’s got you?”

Nice shout-out to the movie.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard