Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
More pictures to come in the next part!

Thanks for reading! smile1

Comments, please! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Fun tale, I do wish I wish Clark would also read up on modern "Modern psychiatric science" and a few books on being a patient advocate and a couple on medical ethics.

I am not criticizing your tale, you are writing Clark as he is in canon. But in canon, in this area, he is an idiot studying to be a moron.

There is a rant in a Stargate fanfic that puts it very well
Daniel straightened abruptly and strode to MacKenzie's end of the table. He leaned across the wooden surface, thrusting his reddened face close to the psychiatrist's. "'Modern psychiatric science' is a criminally unsupported, destructive pseudo-science! It's based ninety percent on wild supposition and wishful thinking. The ‘literature' of psychiatry bears more resemblance to the mythology I've studied all my life than it does to anything remotely scientific. Or medical for that matter. And yes, I've read your journals and texts."
That rant is from Brionhet's tale "A Terrible Thing to Waste"
While it is not a slash tale a copy can be found at
http://bunnyfic.slashcity.net/Bri/Terrible_Thing_to_Waste.htm
(A lot of Stargate Fanfic sites have closed and I took what google could find)

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You are making me hate Deter more and more with every paragraph. How frustrating for both Lois and Clark. And given that there are two more parts of this story left, I've a feeling things won't get any better in the next part.

Looking forward to part three, but *really* looking forward to part four!

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

He glided silently over the dark expanse of sky, listening… he heard it faintly, distant, somewhere near the port city of Marseille.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if he got there and she was either locked up in a police station’s holding cell next to the local hookers or in a cabin on some trawler, awaiting the captain’s pleasure?

It sounded steady and sure—relaxed. She couldn’t be in danger then.
Maybe she’s sedated? Also, since when is a relaxed Lois a good sign?

Clark floated above the trees, hidden by darkness and the thick foliage. Lois and Deter were sitting outside, sipping wine and eating dinner.
eek Danger! Danger!

Clark couldn’t stand it anymore. She had obviously moved on… and didn’t need him any longer.

He whooshed away, back towards Metropolis, leaving a swish of wind in his wake.
wallbash wallbash
Also…
LOIS: Do you smell that? What *is* that? Eeeewwwww!
*SCNR*

Lois shivered. It had suddenly gotten colder.
evil

“Thank you, Max, for a wonderful dinner. I had no idea there were so many amazing cheeses in the world either,” she said, gathering some plates to take in.
Says the woman who’s fiancé is a member of the Cheese of the Month club. Also, Lois doing housework jawdrop Things are *baaaaaad*!

Deter gently reached for her hand. “Lois—“

She turned to him, seeing an unmistakable invitation in his eyes. But something didn’t feel right about it… even though she had kissed him in Metropolis. Here… things felt different.

“I—I just want to go bed. We had such a long flight, and it’s late—“
He’s such a creeeeeeep!

For days now, Clark has been moping around the newsroom, barely able to bring in a story on a garden party, let alone a headline.
How about: “Fabled Metropolis Shrink Exposed as a Quack and a Horndog”?

Clark was too much of a gentleman to go up to that Deter and tell him what’s what.
Maybe Clark could show the good doctor where they had held Philipe?

“Well, the damnedest thing just happened. Lois called,” Perry said, enjoying reeling Clark into his idea. He knew those two were destined to be together, and if he could help the process along, he was happy to do it.
Oooh! He could give the gunrunning story to Clark and then make sure that Lois learns of this. That should get her…agitated.
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

“Oh? And what does Doctor Doom have to say about it?” Clark asked morosely.
rotflol

“Now take the assignment and find a way to bring Lois back home.”
How about a big potato sack?

I’m sure he won’t mind flying me down there.”

“I’m sure the bean counters down in Accounting will be grateful. Now, go home and pack.”

“On it, Chief!”
Translation: Not stuck in metal tube. Crisis averted.

She stared at Max’s back, as he was facing his desk, and she tried to summon the love she had thought she felt for him in Metropolis… but all she felt was insecurity.
shock Oh no! She *is* in love with him!

Max did not like the streak of independence he had seen in Lois yesterday.
Somebody should tell the good doctor what happened to the last beau who tried to remove that streak of independence from her.
LEX: [Linked Image]

Max easily brought Lois under hypnosis… she was now putty in his hands. He could mold her into whatever he wanted.

“You will drop the gunrunning story. You will forget all about your friends in Metropolis, all about your old life, all about Superman,” he said softly. “You will stay here in Marseille, with me… You will fall deeper in love with me… you will want to marry me…”
He does realize that hypnosis can only remove your inhibitions right? It can only make you do things you’re not actually opposed to.

A man approached the low, wooden gate. He was tall, broad-shouldered, and very good-looking. He paused when he saw her, and she wondered if he was a neighbor.
Huh. She forgot Clark frown

Deter lifted his hands in what looked like a calming gesture. “Now, just relax. We had a bit of regression, but I believe it is only temporary.
A *spot* of regression? A *spot*? splat Somebody should remove his most prized body parts mad

Besides, I know what she was looking into, and it is far too dangerous.”
jawdrop Will she gut him for that remark?

Clark looked struck, unsure of how to combat her uncertainty. “Lois—“ Then he turned to Deter, his patience worn thin. “I don’t know what you’ve done to her, but I promise you that you won’t get away with it.”
Maybe we could try knocking the good doctor. Maybe he’ll develop amnesia, too, from getting knocked in the noggin?

Deter raised his palm towards Clark, trying to calm him. “Now Clark, I suggest you cool off. Lois is in my care, and we are making progress.”
I don’t think Deter has very good command of the English language. ‘progress’ would mean getting better in this context, not getting worse.

At least Clark was nearby, though. He didn’t have a plan yet, but one way or another, he was going to get his Lois back.
Maybe if he got her kidnapped by the goons…?

But Deter insisted that the man she had met was just a little confused, and he kept maintaining that her life had been there in Marseille, for years—though he remained vague on exactly how many years…
And she doesn’t speak the language? Really? Maybe she’s the frog, after all and Lex killed the real Lois?

Something didn’t seem right to Lois about what Max was telling her. He kept saying her life had been here, in France for years—but with him? They weren’t married, though he was awfully proprietary with her.
Yeah, well, some people call it living in sin. Other arrangements pertain to keeping women locked away for personal pleasure. The latter is rather frowned upon civilized societies, btw. He could also be lying to her.

She claimed a headache after dinner and went up to her room to lie down.
So, they *are* in a committed long-term relationship, after all.

Perhaps call the Daily Planet and find out which hotel he was staying at…
Bivouac in the woods right outside the grounds?

Max put down his book and came over to her. “I’ll join you. The sunset should be lovely on the water this evening.”
Maybe they could sell Max to the dockhands? I’m sure that if they put him in a dress, he’d be quite acceptable to them after a couple of weeks out at sea without a port where they could release some tension…

But still, if she could get away, even for a bit—perhaps she’d manage her mission?

Besides, it was only six thirty. She certainly couldn’t sit in this house and stare at the walls for the rest of the night.
hyper

Oooh! Soooo much fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
At least Clark was nearby, though. He didn’t have a plan yet, but one way or another, he was going to get his Lois back.
Maybe if he got her kidnapped by the goons…?
/whistles casually...

Thanks for your long and entertaining feedback! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm kind of surprised Clark wasn't more pro-active when she left. I know you tried to write him as patient but I always read his comments about "not letting this happen again" made me think he would have been searching hard for her and wouldn't have just stayed at work (likely taking time off to figure out where she went off to). Then again, that did sound a bit stalkerish (not a typical trait for Superman).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard