Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I have described a hidden Superman reference in this first part -- a way of showing Lois that Clark is with her whether she knows it or not. Can you find it? smile

Do you like having the pics? Do you need the French translations?

Let me know what you think! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Drop reporting? As if! Like what I'm seeing so far! That internal call Lois asking for help feels like it harkens back to when Lois was hurt and Clark/Superman just KNEW she was in trouble. I love it!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
A fun part. I love the pictures. I don't need the translations, but that's only because I took some French classes in high school and college, and so far, at least, the sentences were well within the vocabulary and syntax taught in French 101.

I'm not sure whether you meant this as the hidden reference, but it seemed to me that the roses not only made Lois think of the yellow roses Clark gave her at the end of The Prankster, but also her discussion with Superman in Wall of Sound, when he asks what the rose she had given him is for. Was this the Superman reference, or should I look some more?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Was this the Superman reference, or should I look some more?

You are 'super' close, Lynn! But 'roses' is on the right track! Keep looking! wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I think I've got it.
The villa was a warm, yellow sandstone, set off by the cloudless cerulean blue sky. Red roses lined the walls of the villa, a crimson burst of bold color against the soft yellow walls. Lois shielded her eyes as she got out of the car.

These are Superman's colours. If I wanted to over-analyse, I could even point out the word "shield."

Is this what you had intended?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I think I've got it.
The villa was a warm, yellow sandstone, set off by the cloudless cerulean blue sky. Red roses lined the walls of the villa, a crimson burst of bold color against the soft yellow walls. Lois shielded her eyes as she got out of the car.

These are Superman's colours. If I wanted to over-analyse, I could even point out the word "shield."

Is this what you had intended?

Joy,
Lynn

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!! Superman's colors is the correct answer! party

Roses are red,
The sky is blue...
Deter's villa is yellow
which gives Lois a clue! wink

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<chuckle> Cute poem.

Had you not mentioned that you had embedded a subtle Superman allusion, I wouldn't have caught this, even though when I read it I had been impressed with how vividly you described the scene.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

N
Blogger
Blogger
N
That's a very interesting start... Just so that you know, the sentences in French are.... not quite perfect! If you need help from a native (does someone really care???), ask me and I will gladly help!

Nanou
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Nanou1983
That's a very interesting start... Just so that you know, the sentences in French are.... not quite perfect! If you need help from a native (does someone really care???), ask me and I will gladly help!

Merci! Je t'ai envoyé un message! smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Christina
Drop reporting? As if! Like what I'm seeing so far! That internal call Lois asking for help feels like it harkens back to when Lois was hurt and Clark/Superman just KNEW she was in trouble. I love it!
Whew! Glad you like it! dance Hope I can keep it up! wink

BTW, I'll post about every two days. smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Please keep the translations in - I know about 6 words in French wink

Looking forward to more!!! thumbsup

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi MM!
Here is my fic for the auction that Christina won!
This reminds me…

I have been to Marseille and therefore have pics!
So, another one of Lois’s adventures abroad?

And his kiss… it reminded her of something else, too. Something…about Clark?
Clark is Superman, mayhaps?

“I remember…” she said vaguely, images of Superman like wispy ghosts floated in her memory.

“What?” Clark had asked cautiously. Almost hopeful.

“Superman,” Lois smiled. “Saving me. A lot,” she added in some alarm.

Clark grinned back at her, warming her. “It’s been known to happen. Anything else?”
Hmm…she died. Again? Or is this the ARGH?

Max did say he loved her… and she was making progress.
shock

Lois sighed, leaning back in her seat as they were getting ready to land. What did it matter? Spending some time in France with a man who loved her – this had to be it. This had to make all those elusive memories come to the fore and coalesce into a picture.
Well…rotting in Château d’If for stabbing her boyfriend while they’re in their suite’s bedroom certainly might.

It was just that she felt so uncertain… oh, not about Max. He genuinely seemed to care for her, and was determined to help her make a full recovery.
Yeah. Right. The creep who’s trying to malpractice her.

“Yes, Deter sometimes takes his patients to the south of France. He has a lovely villa—“
Young, female patients?

He wanted Lois back. But he also wanted her happy and didn’t want her back under duress.
Duress can be fun, too. MLT has shown us in her 2011(?) story.

But was there anything to do? She couldn’t be certain, but she felt that sitting around all day in a country house wasn’t exactly her style.
LEX: If she suddenly changes her mind, then I’m going to be royally ticked off!

“Maybe… but I can always take a nap later. I just need a map and I can find my way back.”
Or into a smuggler’s cave, still in use.

Back by dinner? What did he think she was? Sixteen?
laugh

In the distance, she could see an island, covered in sandstone cliffs. There appeared to be a building of some sort out there, and tour boats were coming from it. Lois wondered vaguely what it was, but continued walking lazily along the harbor.
[Linked Image] Huh. Right. Chateu d’If *is* in Marseille. How could I forget blush

As Lois came towards the end of the docks, she noticed that this side of the harbor wasn’t as pretty as where she had started. No sailboats or yachts here… just simple fishing boats. She was about to turn around and head back when something caught her eye.
Oh boy. /points at Curiosity Killed the Reporter/

But how would she convince Max to let her chase down a story?# He had seemed reluctant to let her do it while back in Metropolis. He’d be even less likely to approve of her doing it now that she was in a foreign country.
Geez, what’s the worst that could happen?
Hmm… /points at Lois Gets Fired/

I must be crazy, she mused. Lois glanced around once more before stepping onto the boat.
She does realize that many of the shadier members of society adhere to a strict finders-keepers policy when finding good looking females on their boats, right?

She didn’t understand them, but she didn’t wait around to pull out her tourist dictionary.
How do you say ‘Superman!’ in French?

Lois took one more glance around, and then made a beeline to the rendezvous point for her ride. She was more than relieved when she slipped into the backseat and headed back to the villa.
So, will it be awkward when she sees them again at the villa, talking with her host about how to best distribute the wares?

No, Clark knew that what he had with Lois was something special…and rare. Which is why it killed him that he had let her go…
Twice, actually. He’s not the smartest one at the DP. Not while Ralph works there.

Suddenly, Clark heard a cry for help. But the cry gave him pause, because it wasn’t his super-hearing kicking in. He heard it internally – and it sounded like Lois.
Oooh!

But perhaps she could tell Perry. She bet the Planet would be interested in a gunrunning story…
He might even send Clark Kent as backup…

Deter purposefully opened the door loudly so that Lois would end her conversation quickly. Inside, he was fuming. She wasn’t supposed to be calling the Daily Planet, nor working on a story, and certainly not talking to Perry about Clark Kent!
Maybe he should tell her, rather forcefully.

He’d have another hypnotizing session with her tomorrow, and he was certain that all her reporter notions would be shoved back into the recesses of her memory – where they belonged.
Yeah right…
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Fun start!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard