Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Need to catch up on previous chapters? LabRat and Mike M have a handy TOC. The next post will be Friday morning.

Apologies for the evil cliffhanger. peep

So, what do you think?

Last edited by DebbieG; 06/17/14 11:22 AM.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Loved the aftermath of Kara waiting for someone to do something so she can set it down. Truly great fun.

As for the cliffhanger, I think we all saw that coming.

A tiny nitpick, you don't get contrails because you are going high and fast, they are from the exhaust from a jet or rocket.

The other type of contrail is seen at low speeds and low altitude and I doubt the human body shape would create them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail

You might enjoy having her rip a hole in a cloud as she leaves. See Distrail in the above cited link

Last edited by Framework4; 06/17/14 01:47 PM.

Framework4
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
1st off, we have to wait til Friday? eek

I really enjoyed reading about how she saved the plane. I guess watching Superman Returns actually helped her out. to me it was quite refreshing reading about how green she is when it comes to the superhero stuff. cannot wait to see how all the people who have heard her talk about her dad and mom react to all this news.

Last edited by Tailee; 06/18/14 12:15 AM. Reason: emoticon wardrobe malfunction

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Good catch on the contrails — I had seen that they could be caused by surfaces on aircraft, but didn't realize it was strictly a low-altitude phenomenon. I'll think on finding something else, or just removing them.

Thanks for the comments!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can't wait for Lois and Clark showing up at Emily's house! smile1 But she won't be the only one surprised. Surely Lois and Clark don't expect to find their daughter as Supergirl. shock

I'm loving this story! Looking forward to the next part! hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Debbie,

I never consider a Tempus threat to be a cliff hanger. He always over thinks things leaving an escape route no matter how hard he tries.

Outside his personal incompetence in the evil doing realm, he seems to have forgotten about Jordy and Laura as far as Utopia goes, but then Tempus always seems to forget something... As far as his threat goes the only thing I can think of is that he has left some Kryptonite somewhere in the dimension Kara is stranded in since there was no Krypton explosion and spaceship to Earth for the rocks to follow so hence no Kryptonite in this dimension. Don't know of anything else that can kill Superman unless you let Deadly Chakram near him shock .

I realize we seem to need Tempus to make the L&C world go round but why doesn't someone like Herb just shoot the SOB and put him out of his misery. I loved the part in the story "And Back Again" by CC Aiken where alt-Lois who is called Lane in the story to keep it straight between between her and non-alt Lois shoots and kills Tempus when he attempts to kill all four of them. I understand the desire to keep him around to make the time-traveling stories more interesting but really...

I can't wait to see Kara's next encounter with Kevin, particularly if she has Mom and Dad in tow.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I don't think H. G. Wells could kill Tempus in cold blood any more than Clark could. I'm not sure I believe even Lois could kill anyone in cold blood, though I know she'd be sorely tempted. Tempus is a lucky man.

Since this isn't a deathfic, Tempus won't succeed, of course. wink

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the story!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Debbie,

I was not worried about him succeeding, he is Tempus after all.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I was not worried about him succeeding, he is Tempus after all.
-------------

Ha! Well put.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I don't think that Tempus needs to have put kryptonite in the other dimension with Kara. He's not there to make sure it hurts her or Clark, after all. All he needs to do is destroy Herb's beacon so they can't return.

Given that Herb was expecting Lois and Clark to return only a half an hour later, why on earth did he feel the need to answer the door? He doesn't need a back story or excuse for why he's at their house. He just needs to stay in the secret closet until they return.

I'm not sure how good a shot Herb is, but I suspect that he wouldn't be that accurate. His position is really compromised by Tempus's belief that he won't actually shoot him. Maybe he could shoot Tempus in the leg or something non-vital. I guess that could still kill him by bleeding out, though.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I don't think that Tempus needs to have put kryptonite in the other dimension with Kara. He's not there to make sure it hurts her or Clark, after all. All he needs to do is destroy Herb's beacon so they can't return.

Given that Herb was expecting Lois and Clark to return only a half an hour later, why on earth did he feel the need to answer the door? He doesn't need a back story or excuse for why he's at their house. He just needs to stay in the secret closet until they return.

I'm not sure how good a shot Herb is, but I suspect that he wouldn't be that accurate. His position is really compromised by Tempus's belief that he won't actually shoot him. Maybe he could shoot Tempus in the leg or something non-vital. I guess that could still kill him by bleeding out, though.

I suppose that could be true but he did say that the celebration was due to the deaths of Superman, Lois, and Utopia and that it had already happened or would shortly.

I still suspect that Herb can take his pompous behind out, I mean if Bernie can in Nan's Home Series (Home: Circle of Fate) then Herb should not have too much trouble handling him. He just needs to find a lamp to hit him over the head with...

I actually expect a lot of twists and turns as Debbie is only just under 1/3 of the way through this story.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/18/14 02:46 PM.

Jeremy Bentham

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
All he needs to do is destroy Herb's beacon so they can't return.
The beacon isn't needed for their return — it just makes it easier to hit the right spot in the space-time continuum. Without it, they may be off by hundreds of miles in space or many weeks in time, but they'd be able to make it back. As Mr. Wells mentioned, there isn't a beacon where they're going.

Mr. Wells probably let Tempus in to see if he could get information on what he did with Kara. As to whether that was wise or not, well…

We'll have to wait a while to see what Tempus's evil plan for Lois and Clark is, and what happens between him and Mr. Wells.

Thank you for reading!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, it's a trap! wallbash Why didn't I think of that? I was totally not expecting that, but it makes complete sense. My guess is that Tempus sent Lois and Clark on a wild goose chase into a wrong and unfriendly dimension. It will take Debbie the next 35ish parts to get to them to the right dimension to find Kara. In the meanwhile, Kara and Emily have some adventures of their own as Kara settles into the skin of being a hero. Either that, or Supergirl will end up saving them! This is getting more exciting by the part. thumbsup

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/19/14 01:49 AM. Reason: fixed typos

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Tempus is here...! Damn...

Even it had been really easy to find that sheet of paper with the coordinates to find Kara, it was probably easy to see this trap come trough. .... but I didn't!!

Anyway, I'm glad that today is Thursday and just have to wait 1 day to read the next part laugh

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Although I'm sure Tempus has something else planned, all he has to do to ruin Utopia is kill Herb and destroy the beacon. Trapping Lois and Clark in another world with no way of finding their own dimension would be just as good as killing them )(although perhaps less satisfying for Tempus.)

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
See my comment above — the beacon isn't needed to be able to return to their home reality. I think I need to make that more clear in the story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by DebbieG
See my comment above — the beacon isn't needed to be able to return to their home reality. I think I need to make that more clear in the story.
From what I understood from my reading was that the Beacon is like having a map program in your car. It helps you find your way but it isn't necessary (unless you're like me and your sense of direction is 180' off).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by DebbieG

Now that I think about it, I think you did make that clear in the story, but I forgot by the time I wrote my comment.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard