Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I've been working on a fic where this happens (I talk about this in a previous post) and I had a thought/issue... what would her Wedding wear look like? I can't imagine Lois wearing the Ultra Woman costume for her wedding (nevermind that it's technically a renewal of vows for her and Clark even though so few people would know that). I just don't know what it would look like. Anyone on here have experience designing clothes want to help? Anything you think would be a good inspiration?

Would it be white? (I want to say NO on this one but if you find one that looks good like that in a superheroic way let me know). Would it be a traditional-style wedding dress? something different?

Discuss. Surprise me.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No real advice here, but are there any comics out there that might depict traditional Kryptonian wedding attire that you might be able to pull some inspiration from?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a little confused here. What will Superman wear? If he's wearing his "uniform" why wouldn't Ultra Woman wear hers? Why should she wear something "special" if he's wearing the same old suit? If she's wearing something special, then he should, too. Consider what changes Clark might make to HIS suit to formalize it and do the same for her. If she wears a white UW suit, then SM should follow suit and wear a black (or white?) SM suit. I tend to look at SM's suit as his uniform (i.e. a military officer's uniform). So, he would wear it with pride. Why wouldn't UW do the same with HER suit?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/19/14 01:41 AM. Reason: fix typos

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A sash, the various medals they've been awarded, heavier, higher quality cloth for the capes?

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm a little confused here. What will Superman wear? If he's wearing his "uniform" why wouldn't Ultra Woman wear hers? Why should she wear something "special" if he's wearing the same old suit? If she's wearing something special, then he should, too. Consider what changes Clark might make to HIS suit to formalize it and do the same for her. If she wears a white UW suit, then SM should follow suit and wear a black (or white?) SM suit. I tend to look at SM's suit as his uniform (i.e. a military officer's uniform). So, he would wear it with pride. Why wouldn't UW do the same with HER suit?

We Clark DOES have his Kryptonian wear he could use if he didn't feel like it exposed him even more than the suit. I can't see making Lois's in the same vein (especially as all I can recall the Kryptonians wearing were mostly black or neutral colors with maybe one "pop" here or there (Trey's gray, Lady Za-Ra's black with red trim, etc.) Also can't imagine Ultra Woman's clothing looking at all similar to Za-Ra's.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
We Clark DOES have his Kryptonian wear he could use if he didn't feel like it exposed him even more than the suit. I can't see making Lois's in the same vein (especially as all I can recall the Kryptonians wearing were mostly black or neutral colors with maybe one "pop" here or there (Trey's gray, Lady Za-Ra's black with red trim, etc.) Also can't imagine Ultra Woman's clothing looking at all similar to Za-Ra's.
If Clark ends up wearing his black New Kryptonian uniform, then UW could wear a white version of her uniform trimmed in the colors of her uniform. Such as a teal mask, purple and pink crest, but the suit and cape white would make it seem more formal. Perhaps her mask could be a more formal arrangement. I agree heavier more regal material would also be good.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked the silver-on-white that Jor-El wore - perhaps something like that? UW could wear the female version....

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I like the idea of more regal material. As a child of two worlds, I think Superman should blend the Kryptonian uniform of Black and highlights with a little of his Earch legacy. I can see a gold crest embroidered on a black velvet cape--and Perry gets a new hero!

Shallowford
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Ok so I just watched the NK episode with the alliance/marriage ceremony and noticed something that both intrigues me and makes me unsure I should use it. Zara is wearing Clark's S-Shield on her cape (in the negative space it's burgundy against black and thus disappears into the fabric in the lighting they used). I'm torn between using it and not. One the one hand, Lois probably views the courtship and marriage of Superman and UltraWoman as that of equals so wearing his house shield would be subsuming her (super) identity into Superman's (a la a traditional marriage where the woman takes the married individual's name). On the other, it could be seen as a merger of sorts and his IS the more recognizable shield of the two of them.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
How about going both ways: She wears the El shield and he wears a UW?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a thought. In Game of Thrones, a groom will place a cloak with his house colors on the bride during the wedding ceremony, symbolizing that she is now a part of his house and under his house's protection.

What if: Clark and Lois (or, rather Superman and UltraWoman) exchanged some kind of cloak or sigil during the ceremony? Clark would put something with the El crest on it on Lois and she would place something with the UW crest on it on him. That way, both are accepting the other into their family but in an equal manner. (UW doesn't get swallowed up as El family "property", as I'm sure Lois would see it.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
No real advice here, but are there any comics out there that might depict traditional Kryptonian wedding attire that you might be able to pull some inspiration from?

Not that I remember (although I suspect there was one or two stories in the past with other Kryptonians getting married during the Silver Age but I don't know which ones). With that said, little of those look at ALL like the NK style they'd work off of.]

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Just a thought. In Game of Thrones, a groom will place a cloak with his house colors on the bride during the wedding ceremony, symbolizing that she is now a part of his house and under his house's protection.

What if: Clark and Lois (or, rather Superman and UltraWoman) exchanged some kind of cloak or sigil during the ceremony? Clark would put something with the El crest on it on Lois and she would place something with the UW crest on it on him. That way, both are accepting the other into their family but in an equal manner. (UW doesn't get swallowed up as El family "property", as I'm sure Lois would see it.)

I like this idea. I'll have to think about it. My plan had been to find some way to incorporate the New Kryptonian ceremony into a Justice of the Peace ceremony. I supposed they could do that to show their alliance.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
They could always go with traditional Betazoid wedding attire. wink ::ducks::

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk

rotflol

Lois: What?!

Clark: No way.

Last edited by Christina; 06/22/14 08:33 AM. Reason: Add my muses' perspectives

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Christina

rotflol

Lois: What?!

Clark: No way.

BAHAHAHAHHA!

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Top Banana
Top Banana

That works for everybody. The ladies get what they want and the guys get what they want. Unless... well it works that way also.

Excellent idea mrsM!

Suddenly Lois screams "WHAT???!!!" and Clark's face gets red as a beet.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And nobody will recognize them because they won't be looking at their faces? peep

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
And nobody will recognize them because they won't be looking at their faces? peep

I guess that line had to make in here right??

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From the Star Trek wiki:

A Betazoid wedding is a ceremony of the marriage of two people that follows Betazoid traditions.

Prior to the wedding itself, a gift box is sent to the female. (TNG: "Haven")

During a Betazoid wedding, tradition dictates that all people present must appear without clothes at the wedding ceremony, to honor the act of love the ceremony commemorates. If the bride wants she can choose to honor the wedding traditions of her groom. (TNG: "Haven", "Cost of Living")

After their wedding in Alaska, in 2379, William T. Riker and Deanna Troi planned a second wedding on Betazed, which will have followed all Betazoid traditions. Captain Picard's orders stated that everyone would respect Betazoid customs, despite Worf's objections. (Star Trek Nemesis)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard