Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41594 04/07/07 04:55 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lol! Well Tank, you did it, quite stunningly. I have to admit, I was sure that this would have been an impossible fic to finish off, but you passed with flying colors! Lol The bit with Cal at the end was so funny. laugh And poor Clark, having to go through life wondering who on earth would dress up like him like that.

Of course I don't keep a wig in my bag. Do you know how dishevelled it would be if I could even get one in there
I love that line. Like Lois had actually given it some thought, lol!

Great story. laugh

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#41595 04/07/07 07:12 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Great conclusion. And so funny about the hair--I was so sure that she was going to end up cutting it.

You rose to the challenge very nicely.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
#41596 04/07/07 07:38 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
So funny, Tank!

And, okay - if we are talking about the Michael Landis Jimmy Olsen, I can actually sort of accept Lois's crazy idea that this Jimmy might have been Superman. He really did resemble the big blue guy a bit!

And I had a lot of fun with the haircut scenario. I actually love your haircut stories, because I think it's so much fun seeing what you will do to poor Lois's hair! laugh (Come on, it's only hair, it will grow back....) I remember one story where you had her join a sect - well, to find out about the shady dealings going on in there - and she had to cut her hair short and shave the top of her head, so that even Clark remarked that she looked a bit like her daddy! clap

And we found out that Jimmy really wasn't Superman after all. What a relief, Tank! (I mean, what if Jimmy really had been the big guy? *shudder*)

But really, the best thing about this story was that Tank actually wrote a story where Lois had Clark's kids!!!! Well, she had to, since the young man who impersonated Superman was her great great grandson!!! Tank, you are growing soft. What next? A Tank story where we actually see Lois becoming pregnant, giving birth and breast-feeding and changing her baby? clap

Ann

#41597 04/08/07 03:50 PM
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Oh, yea! A Wendy and Tank challenge! I love these - they are so creative!

Tank, you absolutely had me fooled, I really thought you were going to whack off Lois' hair. Not that I think that's a bad thing, because I don't. I think the short hair looks much better on her than the shoulder length pageboy. But I think I'm programmed now to expect a Tank haircut. Fooled me!

What a nice twist at the end! I like this Cal guy - knows what he wants and goes after it. Very nice!

And Wendy, nice set-up there.

mmouse

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
#41598 04/08/07 04:26 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
goofy

This was fun, though. smile

~•~
#41599 04/09/07 01:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh what a wonderful way to twist yourself free of Wendy's trap! <g> You two are hilarious to read together. And the hair! I just knew she was going to cut it, Tank. You fooled me... ahhh, but at least you changed it. <g>

It was fun!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#41600 04/09/07 02:30 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I was at such a loss trying to think of a way that I could use to get out of this challenge had I had to write the second part but I would have never come up with what you did. And perhaps you didn't cut her hair but you did style it!!! I think that counts.

Are you sure you aren't harbouring a secret desire to become a hairdresser? Maybe you already are one? ;-)

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
#41601 04/09/07 01:48 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all who read and commented on this.

As you can see, Wendy is really the evil partner. Not only did she try to force me into writing Jimmy in a 'heroic' mode, but in order for me to get out of that little 'problem' I had to acknowledge the Utopia concept based on decendants of Lois and Superman.

That, of course, goes against my own personal belief that Superman, being an alien speices, couldn't possibly procreate with any earth woman, let alone ruin Lois' life by forcing kids on her.

Oh well, at least we didn't have to actually experience the horror in this story, just acknowledge it.

Tank (who would never make a good hairdresser because most women would expect their stylist to cut their hair the way they want it cut wink )

#41602 04/10/07 08:53 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very funny story. laugh Cute.
BJ

#41603 04/22/07 01:40 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I was convinced that Lois had really cut her hair and then covered it up. I just knew Tank wouldn't let her off that easy. And Clark is just horrid for the way he almost suggests it. At least--this time--it wasn't colored red.

The best part was that by the time everything was said and done, she didn't need to do any of it. Of course, Clark knew all along that she was way off base, but she needed to know that for herself.

Good one, Tank. As always.

Elisabeth
who has a hair stylist just like Tank. She dickers with me every time I tell her what I want done. Watched too many cable shows where the "experts" know all, if you ask me. Those "experts" don't have to live with the consequences of their actions. Bah!

#41604 08/20/07 04:13 AM
Blogger
Blogger
So great!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was great! Lois is really capable of do anything to get a story, and cut her hair was a huge sacrifice, even if they were only bangs (especially from you) but demonstrate her tenacity even when she is wrong. I liked the facility you have to put a question mark all over my face, trying to guess who brought Lois to the Planet, until the last paragraph...

Last edited by chelo; 06/17/14 11:07 AM.

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard