Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#255304 06/12/14 12:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

The kind of insurance Lex had on Monique Kahn is known as "Dead Peasant Insurance" (I kid you not). To protect companies from loss of income the death of an (usually) upper level employee would cause them should he/she die while employed with the company. According to Wikipedia: "1/5 of all life insurance policies currently held in the US are COLI." shock (Although, not all the benefits nowadays go directly to the employer.) Apparently, some companies used to insure all their employees with this type of insurance; this practice is frowned upon now, but still occasionally done. This would be insurance that the company would get the benefits from should the employee die, not family members. Back during this time, companies could insure their employees without informing them.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In a typical broad-based leveraged COLI transaction, a corporate employer would purchase policies on masses of lower-level employees, sometimes without the employees' knowledge or consent. When an insured employee died, the company received the death benefits, and the employee's family typically received either a small portion of the proceeds or nothing. These policies could remain in place even after the employee quits or retires.
In the 1990s, there was reform in the insurance industry which limited this practice.

Of course, if you killed your employee to get the insurance money that would also be considered fraud. wink

If you have never watched “Roman Holiday”, you should. It is one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn films. thumbsup In it, the princess cuts her hair short in a manner Tank would highly approve of.

Comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 06/19/14 01:38 PM. Reason: Added link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My first thought when I read about Lois' haircut was "oh-oh... Tank is gonna be really upset!" :roflol:

I'm still concerned about Clark's doubts about Lois sad, are they caused by the kryptonite, or by his own insecurities?

Although, I'm happy that finally the justice is going to get Lex... right? ... RIGHT? or is it approaching another twisted storm in this story?

Last edited by chelo; 06/12/14 04:11 PM. Reason: Bad English :(

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: Hola, Chelo! Thank you for your comments. jump

My first thought when I read about Lois' haircut was "oh-oh... Tank is gonna be really upset!" :roflol:
[Linked Image] lol The required Tank haircut for Lois has become as much canon on this website as Clark losing his memory or putting on a blue suit and claiming he's a different guy, hasn't it? *This* is haircut was warned about in my WHAM warning.

I'm still concerned about Clark's doubts about Lois sad, are they caused by the kryptonite, or by his own insecurities?
His own securities and Lex's good job of bashing them with his "Lois is cheating on you with me" video.

Although, I'm happy that finally the justice is going to get Lex... right? ... RIGHT? or is it approaching another twisted storm in this story?
[Linked Image] Lex is supposed to get justice? I mean, justice is supposed to get Lex? Um... twist? Me? [Linked Image] Nah!

Please, make sure your safety bar is firmly in place for the rest of this story arc.

Thanks for popping in to let me know you're still reading! wave

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

The television above his cage drew his gaze again. Luthor had returned to Lois’s apartment. He stared at them once more making out on her settee, not knowing how long Luthor had been there before he had caught Clark’s eye.
Oh, it’s playing in a loop!

He refused to look away. He still needed to find proof that this woman wasn’t Lois.
She’s apparently into sex, so…

She had lied to Clark, though. She had gone behind his back and been dishonest with him.
I’m not sure he deserves a Lois.

She had led Luthor on, so it was possible that she could even now be leading Clark on, building up his love and esteem for her, raising his expectations for a future together, only to make this torment in the cage all the more painful.
So, basically he thinks that Lois is a selfserving, manipulative, lying, women who offers up sex for money?

Perhaps he had completely misjudged Lois. Maybe Lex Luthor wasn’t the most evil person in Metropolis.
Well… /points at Super Mann/

Unfortunately, he didn’t know Lois’s body intimately enough.
So, the true reason for why he should have spent long hours naked with Lois would have been to make sure he could pick her out in a lineup or identify her dead body even after they had removed hands and face?

“It’s a lie. It isn’t Lois,” he murmured to himself as he lay down with his face against the cool concrete floor. “It’s a lie.”
Also, tacky. I do wonder if Lex enjoys having carnal relations with a woman while being watched by other guys.

When she still worked at the Daily Planet, six a.m. was when she had left her apartment to walk to work.
Look at that. Less than two months and the prospect of becoming a rich trophy wife and Lois has already turned into a slob.

Had he understood the message from Jimbo? Or had Clark thought she had changed her mind and was going to marry that horrid, horrid man?
What did the message say again: “Clark, please come and watch while I walk down the aisle to marry Lex Luthor *heart, heart*!”

Would she ever see him again? Of this, she was 98.998 percent certain she would.
Well…duh! Unless he stops being Superman, there would always be press conferences in China and Siberia, where he talks about how he saved oh so many innocent people from landslides and floods.

Subtlety apparently was lost on Kryptonians.
Yeah, you need to apply the message with a green-glowing bat.

What was he so afraid of?
Having intimate relations with her?

How could he have sat leisurely enjoying his breakfast as those kids choked on smoke and dodged flames?
LEX: More smoked salmon, my dear?

How did Jimbo known it was a bomb
Hmm… either a ‘did’ or an ‘n’ to many.

he claimed it had been faulty wiring to the boiler in the basement, which had caused a spark and made the gas to the boiler explode.
Umm…He did not ask a plumber first, did he?

What was it about older ladies and getting their hair done on what seemed to be a weekly basis? Was women’s hair so difficult to style once it went silver or white?
Maybe it’s got something to do with her having someone to ruffle her hair on a nightly basis?
LOIS: What do you…confused

Enrique’s out stretched hand
Isn’t ‘outstretched’ one word?

“How would like me
Maybe a ‘you’ missing?

“Cut it short,” ordered Mother Arnold. “Like Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina, don’t you think, Enrique?”
But the mister likes it long!

I reminded him that, traditionally, it was the bride’s family who was in charge of making her presentable for the wedding, not the groom.
Something to do with priming the bride for the big sell show?

I would prepare my granddaughter for the most important day of her life, not him.
I thought her Pulitzer ceremony for the story about Lex would be the most important day in her life.
CLARK: What about our wedding?
LOIS: Hmm…No, that’s number two.

“Thank you, madam,” Enrique said with nod of his head. “I appreciate the compliment.”

“I bet Lex didn’t like that,” Lois murmured under her breath.
Does this mean Enrique is going to get deported to Havanna?

Boorish, control freaks
Maybe a bit too much punctuation?

he gave me one of those charming crocodile smiles you warned me about on the car ride over to the Bristol, and said, ‘make sure not to change a hair on her head as I love her just the way she is.’”
clap
LOIS: Shear it off. Like Terry did in Wonder!

She shivered with the mental image of him turning her slowly into some plastic doll, agelessly always twenty-seven.
Or just use clones and the Zelig stone?

Him trapped between her and his chair with nowhere to go but up.
CLARK: help

God, she couldn’t wait to get her hands on that man.
Clark’s body or Lex’s throat?
LOIS: Yes.

“My boss is getting married in a couple of hours.
That’s not very sophisticated of her.

He needs me to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.”

Bill raised an eyebrow. “But isn’t that what getting married is all about, Mrs. Cox? Getting hitched?”
clap Say, you’ve been itching to get that one out here for a long time, haven’t you?

By the way, it’s considered both motive and insurance fraud if the murderer is also the one who receives the money.”
So, Bill has prove that Lex was the one to actually fire the crossbow bolts?

She smirked. “He died. A heart attack while having sex.”

Not making love, he noted, having sex.
So, Betsy found him with his sexretary and started to choke him until he got a heart attack?

“Do you also know that all of these watches…” He indicated the photos laid out on the table. “— possessed tracking chips?”

She frowned and leaned forward, studying the photos. “What do you mean?”
Oops?

“I’m Mr. Luthor’s Personal and Senior Administrative Assistant. I am not a secretary,” she repeated.
So, does ‘personal and senior’ refer to her being the oldest woman Lex is engaging in carnal relations with?

“You answer his phones? You type up his letters? You schedule his appointments?” Henderson asked, standing up and walking over to the intercom. “You file his correspondence, don’t you?”

“Well, yes…”

“You’re his secretary.”
clap Plus, she’s having sex with him in his office.

“No, no, no!” Henderson yelled at his Detective. “Not the recording from our bug in Luthor’s office. The other evidence.”
Hmm…Good actor, I think.

Detective Jones ran quickly out of the room.

“Oh, darling. Is that all? Mrs. Cox didn’t tell you merely because it’s a surprise for our honeymoon,” Lex Luthor replied.

Henderson went to turn off the tape. “I’m sorry about that.”
Oh, Bill is such a clumsy guy, can’t even switch off a cassette player on a moment’s notice.

“Since the cat’s out of the bag… Mrs. Elizabeth Cox, you’re under arrest for the bombing of the Daily Planet building and the murder of the two Daily Planet employees killed in the blast. You have the right to remain silent…”
I’m not sure this is completely legal, Bill not informing her of the warrants and then interviewing her when he’s actually interrogating her. I don’t think anything she has said so far would be admissible in court. Maybe her entire case would get thrown out due to baiting her.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Readers: RL overtook me this week and I ran out of time to prep Part 177 to post tonight. I'll try to get it up on Thursday. Sorry for the delay and lack of notice. peep

/Michael, I'll try to get to my FDK tomorrow too. blush /

VirginiaR.
---
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[Linked Image] Lex is supposed to get justice? I mean, justice is supposed to get Lex? Um... twist? Me? [Linked Image] Nah!

Please, make sure your safety bar is firmly in place for the rest of this story arc.

thud

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thank you for your comments. smile1

Oh, it’s playing in a loop!
Maybe. Maybe not. This will be answered in the next part (now showing on a thread near you).

Guilty as charged?

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Part 176
She had lied to Clark, though. She had gone behind his back and been dishonest with him.
Changing your mind about that, eh? (I got that idea for these doubts from YOU!)

CLARK: Thanks. Thanks a lot, Michael.

So, basically he thinks that Lois is a selfserving, manipulative, lying, women who offers up sex for money?
CLARK: It's a possibility. That's all I'm suggesting. Either that, or the complete opposite.

Jimmy? Senator Black? The Nazis? (No, wait. This Superman has gotten rid of them). Who then?

So, the true reason for why he should have spent long hours naked with Lois would have been to make sure he could pick her out in a lineup or identify her dead body even after they had removed hands and face?
LOIS: Exactly! Wait. What?

Also, tacky. I do wonder if Lex enjoys having carnal relations with a woman while being watched by other guys.
Yes, the floor is also tacky. About the other thing, it was totally inadvertent and unintentional.

Look at that. Less than two months and the prospect of becoming a rich trophy wife and Lois has already turned into a slob.
Or she needs a day off.

What did the message say again: “Clark, please come and watch while I walk down the aisle to marry Lex Luthor *heart, heart*!”
That she wasn't running away with Clark the night before because she had a lead on her mom; so she was going forward with the wedding, but not actually marrying the man.

Well…duh! Unless he stops being Superman, there would always be press conferences in China and Siberia, where he talks about how he saved oh so many innocent people from landslides and floods.
Hence the high percentage rate. The other possibility is that he left the dimension (er... planet) entirely, and she'd never see him again.

Yeah, you need to apply the message with a green-glowing bat.
CHING: Geeze, Zara! Okay. Okay. I got the message. You don't have to hit so hard.

Having intimate relations with her?
Well, that. And her having them with Lex.

So, quite easily?

Hmm… either a ‘did’ or an ‘n’ to many.
Thanks. Fixed.

Are you saying, that boilers can't explode in this manner? shock

Maybe it’s got something to do with her having someone to ruffle her hair on a nightly basis?
LOIS: What do you…confused
LOIS: Michael! /gasp/ That's my grandmother you're talking about! She's OLD! They don't do such things. They don't have NEEDS. Ew!

Isn’t ‘outstretched’ one word?
It is NOW. smile Thanks.

Maybe a ‘you’ missing?
wallbash I could have sworn it was there a minute ago. There it is.

But the mister likes it long!
Mother ARNOLD: Precisely, Enrique!

Something to do with priming the bride for the big sell show?
More with arranged weddings were the groom doesn't meet the bride until the wedding day and fearing for the bride's chastity if the groom takes too much interest in the wedding.

I thought her Pulitzer ceremony for the story about Lex would be the most important day in her life.
CLARK: What about our wedding?
LOIS: Hmm…No, that’s number two.
MOTHER ARNOLD: You say PotAto. I say, PotAHto.

Does this mean Enrique is going to get deported to Havanna?
I do believe it is illegal to deport a naturalized citizen.

LEX: Law! Phaw!

Maybe a bit too much punctuation?
But commas are soooooooo pretty. jump

Sorry. Not in this story.

CLARK: But... But... But... the first Star Trek movie is my favorite one!

Shhhhh!. You'll give Lex ideas!

Him trapped between her and his chair with nowhere to go but up.
CLARK: help
LOIS: evil

Clark’s body or Lex’s throat?
LOIS: Yes.
Correct answer.

To tell the cops about Lex's wedding?

He needs me to make sure everything goes off without a hitch.”

Bill raised an eyebrow. “But isn’t that what getting married is all about, Mrs. Cox? Getting hitched?”
clap Say, you’ve been itching to get that one out here for a long time, haven’t you?
Thanks. No, that was a bit of spur of the moment corniness.

So, Bill has prove that Lex was the one to actually fire the crossbow bolts?
Or cut them out.

So , Betsy found him with his sexretary and started to choke him until he got a heart attack?
I wrote up what Bill found out about the demise of Mr. Cox, but I believe leaving it to the imagination of the reader works better.

MRS. COX: I plead the fifth.

So, does ‘personal and senior’ refer to her being the oldest woman Lex is engaging in carnal relations with?
Well, he was married prior to Lois...

ARI: Hey!

clap Plus, she’s having sex with him in his office.
LEX: What? I don't limit that to employees.

Hmm…Good actor, I think.
A little good cop / bad cop... yes.

Oh, Bill is such a clumsy guy, can’t even switch off a cassette player on a moment’s notice.
BILL: But I wanted her to hear it.

I’m not sure this is completely legal, Bill not informing her of the warrants and then interviewing her when he’s actually interrogating her. I don’t think anything she has said so far would be admissible in court. Maybe her entire case would get thrown out due to baiting her.
Possibly. A good lawyer could probably argue that. But since she didn't tell him anything he didn't already know until AFTER he read her her rights the judge might allow it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by chelo

thud
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

This will be answered in the next part (now showing on a thread near you).
hyper

Quote:
Guilty as charged?
CLAUDE: So not Lois.
PAUL: Yep.
RALPH: Lane? Sex? Yeah, right! [Linked Image]

Originally Posted By: Michael
Originally Posted By: Part 176

EW: Changing your mind about that, eh? (I got that idea for these doubts from YOU!)

What? I merely suggested it. It’s not my fault the EW went there. Now, let’s see…Martha and Jonathan have a rendezvous with a stick of dynamite in the outhouse…

Quote:
CLARK: It's a possibility. That's all I'm suggesting. Either that, or the complete opposite.
LOIS: mad splat

Quote:
Jimmy? Senator Black? The Nazis? (No, wait. This Superman has gotten rid of them). Who then?
Huh. Right. He did indeed, didn’t he? My bad.

Or she needs a day off.
shock Ribbit?

Quote:
That she wasn't running away with Clark the night before because she had a lead on her mom; so she was going forward with the wedding, but not actually marrying the man.
CLARK: Yeah, what the ER said.

The other possibility is that he left the dimension (er... planet) entirely, and she'd never see him again.
LOIS: Interdimensional travel? rotflol

Quote:
So, quite easily?
[Linked Image]

Quote:
Are you saying, that boilers can't explode in this manner?
Yeah. You’d first need to blow out the pilot light, let the gas flow, and then have faulty wiring. And all that then happening before anyone notices something’s off because, well…no heat. That makes it a rather suspect situation.

LOIS: Michael! /gasp/ That's my grandmother you're talking about! She's OLD! They don't do such things. They don't have NEEDS. Ew!
evil

Quote:
Sorry. Not in this story.

CLARK: But... But... But... the first Star Trek movie is my favorite one!
lol

Quote:
Shhhhh!. You'll give Lex ideas!
Well…*someone* has to!

Quote:
To tell the cops about Lex's wedding?
Use ‘boss’ when you’re the professional caregiver to the third-richest man on the Eastern Seaboard and referring to him. Makes you sound like a two-bit gangster chick talking about local crime boss.

Quote:
BILL: But I wanted her to hear it.
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
ER: I’m not sure he deserves a Lois.
EW: Changing your mind about that, eh? (I got that idea for these doubts from YOU!)
ER: What? I merely suggested it. It’s not my fault the EW went there. Now, let’s see…Martha and Jonathan have a rendezvous with a stick of dynamite in the outhouse…
LOIS: Mom! Dad! shock
Oooops. Went too far back in time.

ER: So, basically he thinks that Lois is a selfserving, manipulative, lying, women who offers up sex for money?
LOIS: mad splat
But she's not thinking all the much better of him, is she?

EW: The other possibility is that he left the dimension (er... planet) entirely, and she'd never see him again.
LOIS: Interdimensional travel? rotflol
CLARK: You see my problem, then?

ER: Umm…He did not ask a plumber first, did he?
EW: Are you saying, that boilers can't explode in this manner? ER: Yeah. You’d first need to blow out the pilot light, let the gas flow, and then have faulty wiring. And all that then happening before anyone notices something’s off because, well…no heat. That makes it a rather suspect situation.
LHfHC Kids: Heat? huh Showers? Nah, we only got cold showers, except in summer. Then it was hot. Why?

ER: Or just use clones and the Zelig stone?
EW: Shhhhh!. You'll give Lex ideas!
ER: Well…*someone* has to!
evil

ER: That’s not very sophisticated of her.
EW: To tell the cops about Lex's wedding?
ER: Use ‘boss’ when you’re the professional caregiver to the third-richest man on the Eastern Seaboard and referring to him. Makes you sound like a two-bit gangster chick talking about local crime boss.
Sooooo?
LEX: Church does do one thing right. Those in his inner sanctum wear bombs in case they become turncoats.
NIGEL: Say, what?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

But she's not thinking all the much better of him, is she?
That Clark’s a womanizing slacker who would tell any story to get into any woman’s pants, but hers?

LHfHC Kids: Heat? huh Showers? Nah, we only got cold showers, except in summer. Then it was hot. Why?
laugh

EX: Church does do one thing right. Those in his inner sanctum wear bombs in case they become turncoats.
NIGEL: Say, what?
laugh
MEN IN BLACK: Look at that. We finally have a reason to arrest the Intergang Leadership. Terrorism charges are even better than some financial fraud and racketeering evil

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard