Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Part two is here: link.

Any and all comments are welcome. smile

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess no one has explained the consequences of getting "Grams" annoyed to the writer help

“There's been a lot of speculation about the historical relationship between Lois Lane and Superman,” the writer cheerfully explained. “I decided it would make sense if he had turned to her for comfort, as it were, during the time period between Krypton's destruction and the reveal that his wife was still alive.”

“Really,” Lois said, flatly.

“Once his life-mate returns to reclaim his passions,” the writer went on, warming to his subject, “Lois is torn apart by jealousy and unrequited desire!”

Her eyes narrowed. “Really.”

“After he leaves Earth, his cold abandonment of her—and the ravages of the New Kryptonian invasion”--he raised a fist, dramatically--“drive her into the arms of fellow reporter Clark Kent.” He nodded towards Keith.

“Really.”

“Of course,” the writer continued, “once he is forced to leave his wife behind and return to Earth, their relationship is deliberately kept ambiguous. It wouldn't do to flat out accuse the first Superman of having an extra-marital affair, but”--he shrugged--“like I said: historically, there's been a lot of speculation.”

Lois was very quiet for a moment. “I happen to know,” she said at last, doing her best to keep her voice calm and level, “that Lois Lane had chosen Clark Kent over Superman long ago, and the two of them were already engaged when these New Kryptonians showed up.”

Everyone, including Jordan and Charlotte, looked at her in surprise.

The writer shrugged. “Well, even if that's so, it's only a minor detail in the grand scheme of history. Sometimes a little bit of accuracy must be sacrificed for drama.”

“Drama?!” Lois exploded. “Now listen, you hack--!”

“Hack?!” The writer started to rise from his seat. “Just because you have no sense of story--”

“I have *plenty* of story sense, you smut-peddling character assassin!”

“Puritanical revisionist!”

After all historically Lois has been known for going quietly into the night rotflol

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cute story! Since everyone in Utopia knows Superman is Clark, I'm guessing this is before Utopia? Also, it sounds like Lois and Clark managed to keep the secret all their lives if people in this era don't know.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And you say you hate to torture your characters. (just joking) clap Besides having Lois have to watch this hack play her husband in tights, she has to watch him "kiss" with enthusiasm this "Kryptonian wife". Her patience by this point overflowith.

“Of course,” the writer continued, “once he is forced to leave his wife behind and return to Earth, their relationship is deliberately kept ambiguous. It wouldn't do to flat out accuse the first Superman of having an extra-marital affair, but”--he shrugged--“like I said: historically, there's been a lot of speculation.”
So, Superman is "forced" to leave his wife behind on New Krypton, but even though he's "passionately in love" with his wife, he's still torn by Lois's proximity to be tempted to cheated on his not-dead wife? AND this script writer makes it home without Lois removing his spleen? Yes, REwrite is definitely called for.

I love how it was Keith, aka "Clark Kent", who noticed them calling Lois "Grams". Lois did warn them not to underestimate "Clark Kent", now didn't she?

“You are *not* changing a *word* of that script,” Mr. Byrne said, coldly.

“Well, *you* are *not* changing history,” Lois retorted.
You tell 'em, Lois! smile1

What's with Jordan knocking "Grams" to the ground when he pops in? Does he not go around as a regular "Jordy" very often that he doesn't know how to act around normal people?

A man suddenly came up behind them and grabbed them by their shoulders. “Speak of the devil!” he said, turning Charlotte to face across the street just as Lois' fist shot backward to collide with a nose as hard as concrete.

“Mitch!” cried Charlotte.

“Ow!” cried Lois.

Charlotte ran to meet a man who stood waving, on the other side of the road, with two infants in a double-stroller.

Lois nursed her sore hand.
Now, that I re-read this section, I realize that Lois hit Jordan in the nose with her karate move. Oooops. blush I thought it was Hans at first, who knocked her to the ground. That's what I get for trying to read stories while my kids are in interruptus mode.

I'm sure that Lois would much rather spend the evening by herself at Superman's bachelor pad than babysitting the twins while Charlotte and Mitchel make up for lost time. She'll get more work done on those much needed re-writes without all the distractions of being an unwanted fifth wheel. Does Charlotte not have any super powers?

I can't wait to see what other dramatic license Mr. Byrne has taken with the Superman / NK Invasion story. Does he have Superman causing the destruction of Smallville? Does he have Lois being an actual true-to-life concubine to Lord Kal-El? shock That's something I'm sure Lois wouldn't want in the history books. Does he have Superman kill Nor in the final battle with a fist through his chest or something else bloody and impossible like that?

I agree with Debbie. It's good to see that Lois and Clark were able to keep his secret this long. What happened to alt-Clark and HG Wells?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
"Really?"......

I can just hear that perfectly.....

Last edited by Tailee; 06/11/14 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Top Banana
Top Banana
I began thinking about this overnight (not a good sign folks). I am assuming this is the series timeline that Lois has not been thrown into another timeline. Evidently Charlotte knew Lois before she died in this timeline based on her calling her Grams which I assume was probably what she called her when she was little. Once Lois determined that Clark obviously came back from New Krypton based on the Great-grand kids being there, why has she not asked about Clark? Even though Lois has not been through BY yet and does not realize that Clark will outlive her by a substantial amount I am amazed that she has not inquired as to their outcomes. I mean this is Lois Lane one of the most inquisitive people in fiction history and not one question about her and Clark's life and/or the history of the invasion that she had not experienced yet either (not to mention the statement about the 'first' invasion). Maybe shock and maybe she will pump Jordan this evening once they get alone?

Just seemed odd to me.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“But, Superman! Do you have to go? Earth needs you! *I* need you.”

“Sorry, Lois, but I must. I have a duty to my people...and to my wife.”
/commence gagging/

gaze adoringly at the buxom actress playing Zara.
*Buxom*?

“Cut!” shouted Les, then he stood up and clapped. “That's magnificent, Hans! Magnificent!”
You know, I can’t stop imagining Hans to look like Mindy’s blond, musclebound boytoy.

“Should we try that kissing scene again?”
Does that count as sexual harassment at a movie set?

“why Lois keeps throwing herself at Superman in front of everyone, including Clark?”
Because she’s promiscuous?

Granted, Lois admitted to herself that she had a history of doing pretty much exactly that...but that was ancient history, and not just in the time-travel sense.
laugh
SAMANTHA: I have photoshopped evidence to the contrary.

“Because she's not yet over their affair,” a man who'd been introduced as the script-writer told her.
Duh!

“There's been a lot of speculation about the historical relationship between Lois Lane and Superman,” the writer cheerfully explained. “I decided it would make sense if he had turned to her for comfort, as it were, during the time period between Krypton's destruction and the reveal that his wife was still alive.”
confused But they have concubines on New Krypton. So, why stop once she learned about the wife?

“Once his life-mate returns to reclaim his passions,” the writer went on, warming to his subject, “Lois is torn apart by jealousy and unrequited desire!”

Her eyes narrowed. “Really.”
rotflol

“After he leaves Earth, his cold abandonment of her—and the ravages of the New Kryptonian invasion”--he raised a fist, dramatically--“drive her into the arms of fellow reporter Clark Kent.” He nodded towards Keith.
So, Clark was the stooge who got saddled with raising Superman’s love child?

It wouldn't do to flat out accuse the first Superman of having an extra-marital affair, but”--he shrugged--“like I said: historically, there's been a lot of speculation.”
clap

“that Lois Lane had chosen Clark Kent over Superman long ago, and the two of them were already engaged when these New Kryptonians showed up.”
Engaged people can have extra-marital affairs, too. /points at Lex Luthor/

The writer shrugged. “Well, even if that's so, it's only a minor detail in the grand scheme of history. Sometimes a little bit of accuracy must be sacrificed for drama.”
Oh, is *that* the reason for the harebrained tech-schemes abundant in today’s television?

“I have *plenty* of story sense, you smut-peddling character assassin!”

“Puritanical revisionist!”
clap

“Why do you call her 'Grams'?” Keith suddenly asked.

Jordan and Charlotte shared a panicked glance.

“Because it's my name,” Lois answered, thinking quickly. “Lola Graham.”
clap

Jordan leaned over to whisper in her ear. “Don't worry, you can borrow my computer. I'll show you how to open the file.”
You know, considering she hasn’t yet lived through the invasion, I wonder how she’ll react to the concubine-thing?

“Hey, Charlotte!” Hans called as the young woman began collecting her things. “Want to come to my hotel tonight and help me rehearse?” He gave her a leering grin.
So, ‘Superman’s a pig?

“Oh, he is,” said Charlotte as they made their descent. “He's a good actor, though; I've got to give him that. We had a couple scenes together in the second Lovers' Lane movie.”
The reason why she threw up in the third one?

“Mitch actually ran onto the set and slugged him.”
laugh

A man suddenly came up behind them and grabbed them by their shoulders. “Speak of the devil!” he said, turning Charlotte to face across the street just as Lois' fist shot backward to collide with a nose as hard as concrete.
laugh

“Mitch!” cried Charlotte.
Huh? Is Mitch super, too? Is Charlotte not actually? But no, you already mentioned…? So, is this a second-cousin kind of thing?

“So that's Mr. McLeod, I take it?” Lois asked, gesturing to the man Charlotte was now passionately kissing in the middle of a busy sidewalk.
Is that going to land them in the middle of some paparazzi shots?

“You're married to one of my descendants,” Lois stated. “I doubt that time-travel is the strangest thing you've encountered so far.”

“True,” Mitch agreed slowly, “But it still hits the top five.” He cleared his throat.
clap

“So sorry, I'm being rude. Mitch McLeod, your—er—great-grandson-in-law?” He offered his hand.

Lois laughed and shook it. “Lois Lane. Nice to meet you.”
[…]
Charlotte frowned. “Are you sure, Jordan? Your place is pretty small. Maybe it would be better if we let her stay with Mitch and me at my hotel suite.”

Lois caught the flash of blind panic that swept across Mitch's face.
Worried about his great-gandmother-in-law?

“Well...” Charlotte blushed a little. “I guess it has been a while since my last trip home. But only if you're sure, Grams.”
Why not fly home?
YELLOW PRESS: Mitch McLeod, husband of renowned Hollywood starlet Charlotte McLeod was seen entertaining Supergirl in their home. Ms. McLeod wasn’t yet available to comment on her husband’s extracurricular activities or how she plans to stand up to the super-slut.

She pulled out the cellphone Lois had seen earlier. “I don't know how long you'll be able to stay, and I've just *got* to get a picture of this!”

Lois stared at the phone in her descendant's hand. “Are you going to call a photographer?” she asked.
Selfie-time!

Lois kept smiling.
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard