Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Mike M
FYI, LabRat has declared victory in our TOC wars, I had no idea as I was just plowing through the TOCs. We believe we have almost all of them cleared up dance.
Congratulations! notworthy

If you need some help with yours let me know and I can/will help. I know you have a heap of TOCs to work through. Labby and I have gotten all of Nan's url to link conversions done which was a pretty big job so if you need help strike while my TOC Cleanup Ninja skills are still pretty sharp.
Thanks for the offer. I completed my TOC clean-up (at least Gfic wise; there's only like 4 Nfic stories, I think.) and am currently working on fixing the links within the Parts and FDK-Threads. I'm almost done with Wrong Clark. hyper Leaving only Missing Lois, Green-Eyed Monster, and Nightfall Honeymoon. [Linked Image] Thankfully, all three of those on are the Archives (and much better because of some awesome G.E. work by Marcelle), so I don't feel the need to rush on those.

As my quote from Jor-El says, "On the long road, take small steps." And, yes, I have it there to remind me that a story isn't about the end goal but about journey to the end goal. With long projects such as this, it reminds me to take my time and do it thoroughly and someday I'll reach my goal. A wise man Jor-El. (And, yes, that is the only time you'll *ever* hear me say/write that, because 99% of the time I hate him as a character, mostly outside of LnC canon.)

I am now finally able to get back to reading and I found a huge number of stories while working on the TOCs that I want to read... hyper
Well, if you fall into the ether, at least we'll know where to find you... Metropolis.

Virginia,

If you would like me to work on one just let me know which one and I will do so.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A three-part FDK?! thud Did two little someones give you the morning off? Thank you.

It was an early bedtime brought about by a recent war on naptime. help

Someone's channeling Lois.

angel-devil

shock er... was that the washing machine calling me?

Can I hide with you? Lois is after me too for the things I've been writing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hilarious fic! (Well, some parts were dark. But they ended up not officially happening after all.) smile

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Wow, that was not where I thought that story was headed.

At the end, it reminded me of the Futurama episode Obsoletely Fabulous. In that episode, Bender the robot needs an upgrade to make him compatible with the newest line of robots because he hates them. His moments-long "upgrade" induces a hallucination that seems to take days. During the hallucination, he goes through experiences that show him how useful the new robots are, and by the end he thinks they're great. Complete perspective change, nicely packaged into a few seconds.

I love how Lois dissuades Clark from crossing the street to see what's going on. Hmmm.... check out some nonsense going on in the park, or run off and get married/honeymoon? Not a tough choice. wink

(Though if I were Clark, I'd be tempted to punch H.G. in the nose and kick him out in order to proceed with the evening's festivities. But I'm not a fan of the curse storyline. Grr.)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
(Though if I were Clark, I'd be tempted to punch H.G. in the nose and kick him out in order to proceed with the evening's festivities. But I'm not a fan of the curse storyline. Grr.)

Totally agree. In the series so many of the story lines were designed merely to keep L&C from getting together and the curse plot line was just another manipulation to stall the actual consummation of the relationship through another episode. Not a fan of that.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia,

If you would like me to work on one just let me know which one and I will do so.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. smile1 I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully, I'll have Wrong Clark done by the end of the week.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
It was an early bedtime brought about by a recent war on naptime. help
I'm sorry, I'll be of no help. My daughter stopped napping at 18 mo. and my son by 3 y.o. Good luck.

Can I hide with you? Lois is after me too for the things I've been writing.
Maybe she wouldn't follow us into Gotham City?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm sorry, I'll be of no help. My daughter stopped napping at 18 mo. and my son by 3 y.o. Good luck.

*hides*

We got an hour in today as far as a nap goes. Then we screamed bloody murder. *sigh* We'll be 9 months old on Thursday.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IolantheAlias: Thanks for popping in. smile1

Hilarious fic!
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

(Well, some parts were dark. But they ended up not officially happening after all.) smile
You know me. I'm a big fan of the bait and switch. Wait. I didn't say that. [Linked Image]

mrsMxyzptlk: hyper I was hoping you'd drop by.

[Linked Image] Um.... Thanks? smile

At the end, it reminded me of the Futurama episode Obsoletely Fabulous. In that episode, Bender the robot needs an upgrade to make him compatible with the newest line of robots because he hates them. His moments-long "upgrade" induces a hallucination that seems to take days. During the hallucination, he goes through experiences that show him how useful the new robots are, and by the end he thinks they're great. Complete perspective change, nicely packaged into a few seconds.
I haven't seen that one. It sounds good.

I love how Lois dissuades Clark from crossing the street to see what's going on. Hmmm.... check out some nonsense going on in the park, or run off and get married/honeymoon? Not a tough choice. wink
It would have been more angst-filled, though, if it didn't work though.

I love to use it for comedic purposes, such as here. You all know I love dipping my tone in the curse pool and swirling it around. It's such a good way to torture our favorite duo. evil

I mean... [Linked Image]

Totally agree. In the series so many of the story lines were designed merely to keep L&C from getting together and the curse plot line was just another manipulation to stall the actual consummation of the relationship through another episode. Not a fan of that.
When I first saw it, I hated the plot device out of sheer annoyance. But I loved the time-travel aspect. Again, if you have drive your characters insane, it's a great way to go. [Linked Image] Perhaps, Mike, you'd enjoy my amuse busche story The Truth About Soul Mates.

Thank you all for your comments! jump

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Perhaps, Mike, you'd enjoy my amuse busche story The Truth About Soul Mates.

Just as I always thought!!! thumbsup

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

*hides*

We got an hour in today as far as a nap goes. Then we screamed bloody murder. *sigh* We'll be 9 months old on Thursday.
Poor you. Sounds like teething. frown Good luck.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

*hides*

Poor you. Sounds like teething. frown Good luck.

Thanks! I think that might be part of it. *hopes*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
mrsMxyzptlk: hyper I was hoping you'd drop by.
Me? Miss a story about my hubby? Of course not! wink Though I do need to be better about actually commenting... blush

I mean that in a good way. When Mxy made the other man disappear, and especially after Clark disappeared, I thought that Lois and Clark were going to figure out what he'd done with the men and free them. And I thought that the one year was a deadline, i.e., that Lois had to "change" in whatever manner the weird man thought she needed to within the year, or she'd never see Clark again. Given that interpretation, if she could figure it out sooner, she'd get him back sooner.

But I like the direction you went with it. It was especially interesting to see how the world would have dealt with the New Kryptonians if Clark hadn't been around to diffuse the situation.

I love to use it for comedic purposes, such as here. You all know I love dipping my tone in the curse pool and swirling it around. It's such a good way to torture our favorite duo. evil
You do love using that curse to torture them, don't you? You just can't give them a break, huh? goofy

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Me? Miss a story about my hubby? Of course not! wink Though I do need to be better about actually commenting... blush
I was just teasing. smile

I mean that in a good way. When Mxy made the other man disappear, and especially after Clark disappeared, I thought that Lois and Clark were going to figure out what he'd done with the men and free them. And I thought that the one year was a deadline, i.e., that Lois had to "change" in whatever manner the weird man thought she needed to within the year, or she'd never see Clark again. Given that interpretation, if she could figure it out sooner, she'd get him back sooner.[/quote] Where's the fun in THAT?

LOIS: Getting me to my honeymoon sooner!

CLARK: I'm with her on that one.

MXY: Done! evil

But I like the direction you went with it. It was especially interesting to see how the world would have dealt with the New Kryptonians if Clark hadn't been around to diffuse the situation.
See, life is better with Clark in it than without it.

TEMPUS: Details, schmetails.

You do love using that curse to torture them, don't you? You just can't give them a break, huh? goofy
I'm sure sometime in the future I'll... /clamps hands over mouth... er... removes hands from keyboard/... I could write again what I just deleted in a spoiler box, but it's probably best if nobody (reading my current epic) knows that bit. cool

Thanks for commenting. Glad to have surprised even you! smile1

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I enjoyed this story, even if it was at times very depressing. I am glad that we moved beyond the disruption. I should have suspected Mxyzptlk from the start.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Hi, John! wave Glad to see you back on the boards. I hope this means you were able to fix your computer.

I enjoyed this story, even if it was at times very depressing. I am glad that we moved beyond the disruption. I should have suspected Mxyzptlk from the start.
dance I surprised you! Thanks for sticking with it until the end. What? No comment on the evilness of H.G. Wells? smile

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A Year Without
Actually, it was just a little over a month without FDK for this one blush And there’s a lot of FoLCs who picked up the slack clap

taxis honking, trucks backing up, kids playing,
So, a taxi honks, the truck driver gets startled and backs up and behind it, where kids have just been playing a moment before?

and the chimes of an ice cream truck.
Oh, they have been playing on the other side of the truck, but when the ice cream truck chimes, they run out behind the truck?

It was Metropolis on a hot summer’s day.
So,…it’s November?

Lois and Clark walked down the street, hand in hand.
They shouldn’t be holding hands during Man of Steel Bars confused

She had stumbled crossing the street and had felt a gentle hand rest on the small of her back for a moment before moving to take hold of her hand.
Oh, Clark just saved her from getting run over by the truck. That’s why.

It felt good to have just Clark’s hand back in hers and not his whole entire four-inch tall body.
Oh. laugh Also, poor Lois…

“I know that you want to do the whole traditional wedding route again, Lois, but I want you to know that I’d be okay with eloping to Vegas this time,”
Horny, much?

We could be married and on our honeymoon by this evening.
Yep. Horny much.

“But I haven’t experienced it, Clark,” Lois reminded him. “My clone signed the registry and walked down the aisle. She was your lawful wedded wife, not me.”
Aaaand the bride is jealous because the groom went a bit wild with her twin sister evil

He raised a finger, and said, “Not technically lawful, since the marriage was never consummated.”
Scared of the missus, huh?

“Humor me, will you? Please,” Lois said, batting her eyelashes and gracing him with her largest grin.
Maybe someone should tell her that Clark’s *other* wife is going to show up any minute now and…
LOIS: shock Vegas. Now!

“It may take us a bit longer, but I’m sure looking back you’ll see that it was worth a bit of hassle and patience.”
She’s quite self-assured of her proficiency in the marital bed, isn’t she?

“My patience has been pushed the limit,” Clark grumbled under his breath
Clark! That’s not v….very patient of you[Linked Image]

They noticed a commotion at the park across the way.
Where the truck has backed over the ice cream crowd?

“A man who has left you will only return if he wants to,” the magician told the woman.
Aaaand they *pay* for such wisdom?

“Any other takers willing to test the loyalty of their spouses? Step right up!”
Oooh! Take Clark! Take Clark!
MAGICIAN: Runs off with old girl friend on the eve of their wedding.
Now do Lois! Now do Lois!
MAGICIAN: Leaves her new husband for a deformed criminal.

“Very good, madam,” the magician said, before having the reluctant husband step into his magic box. He waved his hand and the man froze, an expression of sheer terror on his face, before he disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Look at that! Tempus is back clap

“Where’s my husband?” the woman demanded.

“He left of his own free will,” replied the magician. “Using it for the first time in years is my guess.”
laugh Maybe he’s just playing with the magician’s assistant a little bit.

“No,” Lois insisted. Their new wedding date was just a couple months away.
CLAKR: She wants me to be patient for another couple of *months*! shock Me! Take me!

“I did. It’s lead lined, probably old lead based paint,” Clark murmured back.
Or new lead based paint.

“That in itself is a red flag, Clark. We’ll check into his background and…”
In Metropolis, it probably is. I do wonder, with a Dictator Kal-El, would the use of lead-based paint be considered a treasonous offense, punishable by smoking?

“We need to act now. Anyway, it’s not as if you have any doubts about my loyalty, do you?” he teased.
Again. Cat. Twin sister. Other *wife*!

“Clark, no!” Lois said. They had just gotten over a huge trial of her memory loss and brainwashing, and the shrinking of his ego;
Well… and who’s fault was it that Clark’s ego took such a hit?
LOIS: [Linked Image] All I said was that him being just four inches tall isn’t really all that big of a deal.

“Ah, it sounds like the little woman has doubts, sir,” the charlatan said, much to the audience’s delight.

“Little woman!” Lois roared.
I do wonder if Tempus recognizes when he’s just about to get sent to another dimension.

The magician shut the glass door, waved his magic wand, and Clark froze – maybe for a second or two longer than the previous fellow did – but then he, too, disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Fascinating.

“Pity?” Lois growled. “You kidnapped my fiancé. Bring him back!”
laugh

“I’m sorry, Miss. That’s not the way this works. You have to earn him back,” the magician replied.
Ah, this is like those new malware scams where your entire harddisk gets encrypted and you have to ransom your data back from the malcontent.

“Earn? How? Is this some kind of extortion ring? Because you’ve conned the wrong sucker. I don’t have any money,” Lois informed the man.
jawdrop Lex Luthor’s widow is broke? Also, thought because she’s Lois Lane and thinks of herself as an investigative journalist.

The con man looked at her with doubt. “Miss Lane,
shock

are you saying that even though you were engaged to the third richest man in the world, he didn’t name you in his will?” The man tsk-tsked.
rotflol

Clark and his damn naiveté.
And here I thought she looked forward to taking his naiveté.

“You’re right. How could I possibly have recognized the woman who has graced the front page of gossip magazines, tabloids, and even the society pages for a good six months solid a couple of years ago?” The man’s words dripped with sarcasm.
Plus, the Lane and Kent billboards ever since. And the recent story about her running off with her ex-fiancé.

Okay, Lois had to admit that going undercover after her engagement and failed wedding to Lex Luthor had been slightly more difficult.
Now she needs to wear a blonde wig, a low-cut halter-top and a belt as disguise?

“No, not really, but I won’t hold it against you if you want to give me some.”
laugh

“Didn’t think so. The only way you’ll be able to earn your fiancé back is to change your personality completely around. Become the opposite of who you are now,” the man said.
Loving. Caring. Warm. *Nice*?
LOIS: Keep him.

She grabbed his throat and pulled the short man to her. “Should I start with murder?”
laugh That time of the month again, is it?

“You have one year!” she heard the man shout.
jawdrop The…the…the…*title*!

She would start with a good photo of Suspect Number One.
Can’t they involve the police with kidnapping charges?

Lois turned around to snap his picture, but he, his stage, and the machine, which had stolen Clark, had all disappeared.
Apparently not.

Lois paced the section of the park where the man’s booth had been set up, checking for mirrors, trap doors, manholes covers to sewer lines, invisibility tarps, and anything else she could think of which might logically explain how everything, including the crowd of spectators it seemed, had vanished into thin air.
Ooooh! So, Mxysptlk set this whole thing up to target Lois?

Lois stomped into the newsroom. She wasn’t going to lose Clark again, not after Tempus, other dimensions, Lex and the clone, memory loss, Dr. Deter, and shrinking shampoo. Clark was hers!
LOIS: You! The new girl. What’s your name?
ZARA: Sarah, Ms. Lane.
LOIS: Fine. Sara. Get me all research on magic portals we have in the archives!

The new researcher Perry hired came up to her desk. “I have that data for Mr. Kent,” she said, glancing around. “Didn’t he return with you?”
rotflol

“Change of plans,” Lois grumbled, shoving her purse into her desk. “He’s gone undercover, and he might not be back for a year.”

“But… But… but what about…” the woman stammered.
Their wedding And consummating the wedding?

“No,” the woman replied, leaning forward to whisper, “Superman?”
laugh

“Perhaps we should speak in private,” Sarah suggested.
Ooooh! The missus is going to tell the little homewrecker to go wreck another home hyper

“I am Zara, leader of the people of New Krypton,” Sarah said. “Kal-El is my husband.”
Umm…that was a bit blunt, don’t you think?
ZARA: huh

Ah, so it is like a royal betrothal. They aren’t really married.
Yeah. Except, Zara already showed up once, during Clark’s prom, and… well… you know…kids and consummating…

“Well, your marriage to Kal-El will have to wait. Kal-El has… well, gone away.”
New Krypton, to be with his bride.

“Poof! He stepped into a box and vanished,” Lois explained.
Oooh! Like during the sentencing, huh?

“This must be Nor’s doing.”
No, not oafish enough.

“A what? Magic man? No, Nor is a general. He would never humble himself to use what you humans call ‘magic’.”
Well, that’s good to hear because most humans would consider the spontaneous poofing of persons or tanks to be magic.
NOR: What do you mean, ‘I can’t use heat vision on the slaves’?

“Kal-El was taken by a magician in the park, who told me that he would return in a year,” Lois said.
That sentence would be so much funnier with the magician being a woman evil

Then, she’d kill him.
That, too laugh

“I need Kal-El now to stop a civil war from developing on New Krypton. I cannot wait a year.”
Take a number, dear.

Zara closed her eyes, almost as if she were coming to grips with a great disappointment.

“Are you okay?” Lois asked.
Constipation. Either that or telepathy.

Should we find a way to defeat Nor without him, perhaps we shall revisit him under happier circumstances.” She made a strange gesture with her hand.
Otherwise, Nor will visit under less-than-happy circumstances.
NOR: I hear Hawaii is a great place for honeymoons. The hot pools on the mountain tops are supposed to be to die for.

“Sure thing,” Lois said with a good-bye wave of her fingers, trying not to call Sarah ‘whacker-doodle’.
Why is Lois so calm. Zara hasn’t proved anything. She could be a random fling of Superman’s, trying to encroach on Lane territory. Plus, she knows the secret.

Zara opened the conference room window and flew Superman-fast out of it.
Oh look. She’s real after all. Either that or Lois is hallucinating due to her being pregnant with Dr. Deter’s love child.

Had Lois just saved Clark from being forced to marry his birth wife and leave Earth to rule New Krypton?
laugh

Was Zara the reason Clark had failed that so-called loyalty test?
[Linked Image]

Did Lois still have to change her personality to earn Clark back, when he was the two-timing schmuck who had been previously married without informing her?
rotflol Maybe a little bit? Her personality, that is.

Lois pushed a shopping cart up what was left of the bumpy sidewalk to the rumble heap ahead.
She now a homeless person?

Her friends at the fire pit had told her rumors of new items being found at the now ruined First Metropolis Bank building.
jawdrop What the…

Then Clark wouldn’t have failed his loyalty test to Lois in the park, disappearing and making it seem as if Superman had deliberately left Earth vulnerable to invasion from Lord Nor’s forces.
Oh look. Lord Nor showed up. Who’d have thunk.

If Jor-El and his wife truly wanted their son to marry a New Kryptonian, why didn’t they program the hyper-drive of Kal-El’s ship to meet up with the New Kryptonian colonist ship instead of sending it to Earth? It didn’t make any sense.
JOR-EL: The Ras have always been a bit mentally unstable. It took me blowing up the entire planet to prevent that marriage from happening.

Even if Clark somehow reappeared, Metropolis was so full of Kryptonite dust from the final battle, it would make it inhospitable for him to live here.
confused Huh.

Upon their victory over the New Kryptonian forces, Bureau 39 made a coup d’état and took over first the United Nation’s building in New York, and then the White House in Washington DC.
What the…?
LEX’s GHOST: See? Should have let me make the next President, than that wouldn’t have happened.

That was why Lois was down at the bank. If she could find some gold or jewelry among the rubble, she might be able to trade it to her district’s warlord for more food, blankets, or medicine.
The district’s warlord is trading for goods with his nubile women of his district? Also, why is there no mention of nuclear fallout? Why did the entire society crumble like that but no one detonated nuclear weapons? Why didn’t Mexico invade North America. Why not Canada? confused

In the tent city currently covering all the green areas of Centennial Park, she saw a strange commotion.
MAGICIAN: Oops?

Handcuffing her shopping cart to a broken parking meter pole,
And what of the goods inside? And what of using lockpicks on the cuffs?

The muted colors became once more vibrant as a cool breeze filled her lungs with air. The city filled with noises: taxis honking, trucks backing up, kids playing, the flap of the flag above her head, and the chimes of an ice cream truck.
Oh look! smile1

“I know that you want to do the whole traditional wedding route again, Lois, but I want you to know that I’d be okay with eloping to Vegas this time,” Clark said, before lowering his voice. “I’m just saying that I could fly us there this afternoon.”
[Linked Image] hyper

If they went across the street and visited the magician, Clark might be taken away from her again, possibly this time for good.

His brow furrowed.

“Let’s elope!”

Clark grinned a smile larger than his usual 1000-watt smile. This one had to be ten-thousand watt. “Really? When?”
hyper Also, since it was telepathic Clark who first noticed the commotion, I wonder if he might not have just done a mind-whammy on Lois and made her imagine this entire year so she’d agree to eloping.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Clark took hold of her shoulders and focused his eyes on her. She could feel a slight tremor to his hands. “Are you sure? My patience has been pushed the limit, so if you’re joking, tell me now.”
laugh

because Lois knew that once they were finally together as man and wife, nothing… and she meant nothing… would tear Clark from her side. She would make sure of that.
By using her womanly whiles on her husband and Kryptonite on the interlopers?

Wait two more months? Pshaw! Lois must have been out of her mind. He was so glad he was able to put her and Clark on the right course for them, for Metropolis, for the world, even.
[Linked Image] He got bored?

He would want to know about the magician, Lady Zara, Ching, Nor, and the upcoming New Kryptonian invasion of Earth.
Yeah, but maybe until after the consummation.

“For loving me. For accepting me. For marrying me,” he responded with a kiss between each phrase. His eyes darkened and his voice deepened. “For tonight.”

Lois licked her lips and took a step back. “Hold that thought.”

Panic darted across his face.
CLARK: confused Ribbit?

She bit her bottom lip at his expression, and he rushed forward the foot she had stepped away to kiss her again.
Oh no! Ribbit! Also…Herb?

He took a step back, hands in the air. “Don’t let me stop…” His head snapped towards the room’s door a moment before someone knocked. “— you,”
[Linked Image] There you are [Linked Image]

She really didn’t have anything in the bag, except a perfume sample from the lingerie shop.
So…more less rather than little less, huh? Also, maybe she should not step out with more less when the visitor is here. It might be embarrassing to the nice Victorian Gent.

“Oh, no!” Lois groaned. “You’ve got be kidding me!”
Oh, right. They know him already. rotflol

This was grand entertainment! hyper Sorry if the FDK ran be bit long, though… blush

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have to admit, this was very different but fun! What would happen if Clark were not there to stop Nor's invasion?

Than after all that, H.G. Wells comes along to stop the curse!

Just another walk in the park for Lois and Clark! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: wave
Actually, it was just a little over a month without FDK for this one blush And there’s a lot of FoLCs who picked up the slack
Yes, FoLC's brought my Muse many happy chocolate treats for this one. smile1

So, a taxi honks, the truck driver gets startled and backs up and behind it, where kids have just been playing a moment before?
Gee, I don't think even my stories are THAT subtle.

Oh, they have been playing on the other side of the truck, but when the ice cream truck chimes, they run out behind the truck?
Just ambiance, Michael.

So,…it’s November?
lol No. July.

They shouldn’t be holding hands during Man of Steel Bars
Between It's a Small World and NK arc.

His ENTIRE body was 4".

Horny, much?

Yep. Horny much.
Told Ya!

Aaaand the bride is jealous because the groom went a bit wild with her twin sister
It's not like I ALWAYS go there.

Scared of the missus, huh?
As every smart man should be.

CLARK: hyper She called me smart!

Maybe someone should tell her that Clark’s *other* wife is going to show up any minute now and…
LOIS: Vegas. Now!
[Linked Image]

She’s quite self-assured of her proficiency in the marital bed, isn’t she?
She quite self-assured that he wouldn't know the difference.

Clark! That’s not v….very patient of you[
CLARK: It's been 30 years!

Where the truck has backed over the ice cream crowd?
No, next to that.

Aaaand they *pay* for such wisdom?
MAG: Free service!

Oooh! Take Clark! Take Clark!
MAGICIAN: Runs off with old girl friend on the eve of their wedding.
Now do Lois! Now do Lois!
MAGICIAN: Leaves her new husband for a deformed criminal.
Oh, so you HAVE read this before.

Look at that! Tempus is back
Eeeehhhhh! Good guess, but wrong. Give this guy Ralph's phone number as a consolation prize.

Maybe he’s just playing with the magician’s assistant a little bit.
I think Mrs. M. might take offense at that.

CLAKR: She wants me to be patient for another couple of *months*! Me! Take me!
Hey, that's not me. According to John, IASMAA takes place in July, wedding's in October so... you do the math. Yeah, yeah, they postponed for a torturous plot arc but I figure there's no way, he'd be able to return and have such a fancy wedding set up in a week or two, so it must have been the Original wedding un-canceled (original #2, that is).

Or new lead based paint.
CLARK: /points to rust stains/ It's old.

EW: [Linked Image]

In Metropolis, it probably is. I do wonder, with a Dictator Kal-El, would the use of lead-based paint be considered a treasonous offense, punishable by smoking?
Dictator Nor definitely would.

CLARK: None of those were MY FAULT!!!! Anyway, I meant right NOW.

Well… and who’s fault was it that Clark’s ego took such a hit?
LOIS: All I said was that him being just four inches tall isn’t really all that big of a deal.
So, you're saying she should have taken Ralph or Jimmy to the reunion, since no one would have noticed a shrinking of his....er.... ego.

I do wonder if Tempus recognizes when he’s just about to get sent to another dimension.
CLARK: /hands raised in self-defense/ I know when to let Lois fight her own battles.

Ah, this is like those new malware scams where your entire harddisk gets encrypted and you have to ransom your data back from the malcontent.
shock Excuse me as I log off the internet.

Lex Luthor’s widow is broke? Also, thought because she’s Lois Lane and thinks of herself as an investigative journalist.
Lex left his money to the clone. She does think well of herself, but she's not going to tell some stranger she has money.

She doesn't like it when other people get to it first.

Plus, the Lane and Kent billboards ever since. And the recent story about her running off with her ex-fiancé.
LOIS: That's not my FAULT!

Now she needs to wear a blonde wig, a low-cut halter-top and a belt as disguise?
CLARK: Yes. Please. Yes!

Loving. Caring. Warm. *Nice*?
LOIS: Keep him.
rotflol

That time of the month again, is it?
You mean when she's considerate enough to ask?

The…the…the…*title*!
You knew I would get there eventually.

Can’t they involve the police with kidnapping charges?
LOIS: That's what the photo is for.

MXY: Months! razz He's a man, Lois! Geeze! He's a SUPER man, but even he's got his limits!

LOIS: You! The new girl. What’s your name?
ZARA: Sarah, Ms. Lane.
LOIS: Fine. Sara. Get me all research on magic portals we have in the archives!
ZARA: Um... okay.

Their wedding And consummating the wedding?
Yes, that's what Lois was thinking about.

Ooooh! The missus is going to tell the little homewrecker to go wreck another home
I'm sorry, who is who in this little scenario, and would Zara survive such a confrontation. I mean, we only have Lois's WORD that she threw out that Kryptonite bullet during her cruise.

Umm…that was a bit blunt, don’t you think?
ZARA: /doesn't understand 'blunt'/
Exactly.

Yeah. Except, Zara already showed up once, during Clark’s prom, and… well… you know…kids and consummating…
CLARK: blush It was DARK! How was I supposed to know she wasn't Rachel?

LOIS: /points to his eyes/

CLARK: Oh, right.

Nope. Bride is right here.

Oooh! Like during the sentencing, huh?
Only with a little less pain.

CLARK: Sentencing?

No, not oafish enough.
Exactly.

Well, that’s good to hear because most humans would consider the spontaneous poofing of persons or tanks to be magic.
Actually, I don't think anyone ever told him this.

That sentence would be so much funnier with the magician being a woman
LOIS & ZARA: Funnier? to whom?

Take a number, dear.
clap

Constipation. Either that or telepathy.
I doubt Zara would ever admit to the former, so that would mean, the latter.

Otherwise, Nor will visit under less-than-happy circumstances.
NOR: I hear Hawaii is a great place for honeymoons. The hot pools on the mountain tops are supposed to be to die for.
ZARA: Yep. Our honeymoon would definitely be a "less-than-happy" time for Nor.

CHING: /nods/

Why is Lois so calm. Zara hasn’t proved anything. She could be a random fling of Superman’s, trying to encroach on Lane territory. Plus, she knows the secret.
Lois thinks she's wacker-doodle at this point. And according to Resplendent Man's sister, not trustworthy with the truth.

Oh look. She’s real after all. Either that or Lois is hallucinating due to her being pregnant with Dr. Deter’s love child.
Lex's, and that's a different less funny story.

CLARK: Say, what.

Maybe a little bit? Her personality, that is.
Change it how?

She now a homeless person?
Nah. Just shopping.

What the…
Her apartment was destroyed. She was living at Clark's for a while, but without electricity to run her microwave, she still needs to go to the local fire pit to cook her tv dinners.

Oh look. Lord Nor showed up. Who’d have thunk.
ZARA: /raises hand/

JOR-EL: The Ras have always been a bit mentally unstable. It took me blowing up the entire planet to prevent that marriage from happening.
KAL-EL: And they STILL tracked me down.

What the…?
LEX’s GHOST: See? Should have let me make the next President, than that wouldn’t have happened.
You don't think B39 could win?

The district’s warlord is trading for goods with his nubile women of his district? Also, why is there no mention of nuclear fallout? Why did the entire society crumble like that but no one detonated nuclear weapons? Why didn’t Mexico invade North America. Why not Canada?
Details. Details.

And what of the goods inside? And what of using lockpicks on the cuffs?
It's empty. She hasn't done her shopping yet. She just doesn't want it to be stolen. RE: lockpicks, it's a chance all good citizens take when locking up their shopping carts... same with bicycles.

Also, since it was telepathic Clark who first noticed the commotion, I wonder if he might not have just done a mind-whammy on Lois and made her imagine this entire year so she’d agree to eloping.
CLARK: /scared of this awesome power you have given him/
That'd be bad.
LOIS: Tell me about it. Hold on, where did I put that Kryptonite ?

By using her womanly whiles on her husband and Kryptonite on the interlopers?
LOIS: Clark, they need Superman in China!

CLARK: Okay! /flies off/

LOIS: /pulls out kryptonite from her lead pouch/ Now, you were saying, Zara?

He got bored?
Mxy? No, according to the comics he's totally pro-LnC wedding.

Yeah, but maybe until after the consummation.
LOIS: That's what I was thinking.

CLARK: /confused/ Ribbit?
Nah. EW just a bit evil.

Oh no! Ribbit! Also…Herb?
Okay. Not THAT evil.

MICHAEL: There you are /waves at Herb/
Only THIS evil.

So…more less rather than little less, huh? Also, maybe she should not step out with more less when the visitor is here. It might be embarrassing to the nice Victorian Gent.
LOIS: Whatever scares him off.
EW: She wasn't naked.
HERB: Phew.

Oh, right. They know him already.
This is post meeting Alt-Clark.

This was grand entertainment!
I have to prove myself worthy of short stories every once and while.

Sorry if the FDK ran be bit long, though…
I hope I bared... beared?... the burden well. smile

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana: Thank you for the comments. smile

I have to admit, this was very different but fun! What would happen if Clark were not there to stop Nor's invasion?
Just another one of my What if Clark hadn't been there stories. Glad you enjoyed it.

Than after all that, H.G. Wells comes along to stop the curse!
Can't have a wedding without it!

Just another walk in the park for Lois and Clark! dance
LOIS: No, no. Let's skip the park this time, Clark.

CLARK: /remembering park bench/ Okay by me.

Thanks for dropping in!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Gee, I don't think even my stories are THAT subtle.
laugh

Just ambiance, Michael.
So…you saying that a frog sometimes is just a frog and when Clark kisses it , it won’t turn into a Lois?

Quote:
CLARK: <Doesn’t like to boast about every time he’s unobtrusively saved Lois. She gets annoyed when reminded of it.>
laugh

Quote:
His ENTIRE body was 4".
Honest mistake?

Quote:
Horny, much?
CLARK: <still not over the fact that the Lois from his first honeymoon had feigned a headache>
laugh

Quote:
Aaaand the bride is jealous because the groom went a bit wild with her twin sister
It's not like I ALWAYS go there.
LOIS: splat What does the EW mean by ‘sometimes she goes there’?

CLARK: <takes any perceived compliment at face value> She called me smart!
wink

She quite self-assured that he wouldn't know the difference.
But Ralph and Jimmy talk in the locker room.

Oh, so you HAVE read this before.
laugh And no… Or did you mean in general?

Give this guy Ralph's phone number as a consolation prize.
/regifts prize to Ari Carlin/

Quote:
CLARK: None of those were MY FAULT!!!! Anyway, I meant right NOW.
LOIS: mad Continue…

So, you're saying she should have taken Ralph or Jimmy to the reunion, since no one would have noticed a shrinking of his....er.... ego.
rotflol

Quote:
shock Excuse me as I log off the internet.
[Linked Image]

Quote:
She doesn't like it when other people get to it first.
Cake and eating it, huh?
CLARK: Lois wants to eat my naiveté? [Linked Image]

Quote:
CLARK: Yes. Please. Yes!
rotflol

Quote:
MXY: Months! razz He's a man, Lois! Geeze! He's a SUPER man, but even he's got his limits!
rotflol She’s a bit of a tease, isn’t she? Almost as much as Lana.
LANA: Hey! I *did* put out only one (?) year into the relationship!

Quote:
Ooooh! The missus is going to tell the little homewrecker to go wreck another home
I'm sorry, who is who in this little scenario, and would Zara survive such a confrontation. I mean, we only have Lois's WORD that she threw out that Kryptonite bullet during her cruise.
Yes.

Quote:
Nope. Bride is right here.
Didn’t know that bit when he left.
Meanwhile on NK: [Linked Image]

Actually, I don't think anyone ever told him this.
Oh. [Linked Image]

Quote:
That sentence would be so much funnier with the magician being a woman
LOIS & ZARA: Funnier? to whom?
ER: wave

Quote:
Lex's, and that's a different less funny story.

CLARK: Say, what.
laugh

Quote:
Maybe a little bit? Her personality, that is.
Change it how?
/points to earlier remarks/

Quote:
What the…
Her apartment was destroyed.
Tried to cook without a microwave?

Quote:
What the…?
You don't think B39 could win?
Against Lex? Nah!

CLARK: /scared of this awesome power you have given him/
That'd be bad.
LOIS: Tell me about it. Hold on, where did I put that Kryptonite ?
laugh

Quote:
This was grand entertainment!
I have to prove myself worthy of short stories every once and while.
clap

I hope I bared... beared?... the burden well. smile
rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard