Kerth
FDK goes here.

Thanks.

Corrina.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
I feel like a pile of mush. That was so sweet, lovely, romantic and waffy. I especially love this line.

“It feels like ... it feels like I just fell in love with you, Lois. I was never out of love with you, but every time I see you, something inside me wells up and I know ... again ... that you are ... you always will be ... the greatest treasure of my life.”

Sigh!

I am glad you also wrapped up the loose end with Lucy and Jimmy.

This exchange is so perfect and so applicable to all marriages

Clark shook his head. “You must know how excited I am about that, Lois, but this is about you ... my wonderful wife. And even in all the joy of the baby, I’m not going to lose sight of us – you and me - because that will always be the most important thing of all to me.”

Her hand was soft on his face. “We forgot that for awhile, didn’t we?”

He nodded. “But never again. I promise you, Lois, never again.”

“I promise you too, Clark.”

How many of us when we have busy careers and/or children loose site of the other one?

Beautiful story. I loved it.

You know you could always do another epilogue 7 - 9 months later.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great wrap-up of the story! smile

So happy that Lucy and Jimmy are together and that he seems at home there in her house hyper

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm sorry I haven't been commenting all the way through the story, but I just didn't have words after reading most of the parts (in a good way). I love your writing, and I love your style. This story was amazing, and I loved every part of it. It did have a lot of angst but in a useful way rather than an agonizing way.

Thanks for the epilogue - I wasn't expecting it, but it was a nice way to give some closure.

I'm hoping to read something new from you soon!

smile Amber

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
An epilogue... how awesome, I wasn't expecting that! I loved every sentence! One tiny thing you may want to alter is...

Jimmy smiled. “When I arrived in Christchurch, I had a night there before travelling west to Fiordland.
Fiordland is more southwest of Christchurch than just west. There is no direct road access to Fiordland from the West Coast (Westland) even though they are on the same side of the island. Although I suppose he could always fly in by helicopter from the Haast / Jackson Bay area of South Westland. smile But from Christchurch I'd imagine he'd travel to Te Anau before heading into the hills, etc.

Thank you for another great story. Looking forward to your next one. smile1

Cheers
Elizabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooh, epilogue, yay!

I'd still like to see what Boston, Vivienne, et al. think about the baby, though. smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww very nice epilogue! Jimmy took me by surprise. First, I had to remember that he was gone before. Then I went awwwwww, again blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathy

That was so sweet, lovely, romantic and waffy.
Thank you - ultimately, that is why I write, because I enjoy ending up there.

DW Thanks for all your comments. I wanted to try to give Lucy a good ending after what I did to her.

Amber Thanks for letting me know you were reading along.

I'm hoping to read something new from you soon!
I'm trying for something less controversial wink

Elizabeth Thanks for the info. I'll change it.

Also ... I wrote this ...

I was offered a commission for photographs of the penguins of Fiordland in New Zealand.
.... but I wasn't sure if it should be 'the penguins of Fiordland' or if it should be 'the penguins on Fiordland' or 'the penguins at Fiordland'. What sounds best to you?

Amy Thanks. Re a sequel, I have no plans for one, but if I did, I think Vivienne etc would have to be in it.

Michael Yeah, I mentioned Jimmy early, but then it was hard to bring him into the fic without it seeming out of place.

Thanks, Michael.

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Corrina

Also ... I wrote this ...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was offered a commission for photographs of the penguins of Fiordland in New Zealand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.... but I wasn't sure if it should be 'the penguins of Fiordland' or if it should be 'the penguins on Fiordland' or 'the penguins at Fiordland'. What sounds best to you?
You could say the 'penguins of Fiordland, New Zealand' or the 'penguins in Fiordland, New Zealand.' As Fiordland is an area (like a state would be in the US) then it would be like saying the xxx of Kansas or the xxx in Kansas, etc.

Fiordland (and South Westland) is particularly known for the Fiordland Crested Penguin, which I could easily imagine a photographer being commissioned to take images of.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Elizabeth

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Loved this story. I started to read it at work and had to go home and finish it. Have to say that 35 is actually when Lois would have been getting nervous (or Clark thought she was getting nervous) not 40. That's the "cut-off" age now. I know. I'm getting there. mad After 35 your chances of having a child with genetic problems go up drastically. Yeah, I'm personalizing this story now!

But truly enjoyed the story. We need to remember that a wonderful courtship does not mean happy ever after. You still have to work on the relationship.

thanks!

rkn
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Because I've been so highly critical of this story, I need to say that you are a great and, in spite of the controversy surrounding this fic, a truly beloved writer who keeps fascinating your audience. As for myself, I'm a hopeless Lois fan, and I'm likely to react negatively whenever I think that Lois hasn't been given a fair deal. But I don't represent the typical FoLC by any means, and most people here see you as you are, a great LnC fanfic writer.

What I'm trying to say is that this community is lucky to have you on board, Corrina, and I hope that you will keep writing stories here!

Ann

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for your help, Elizabeth.

rkn Lois was 37 in the fic - so yes, she is well into 'getting nervous' territory.

It is so true that a wonderful courtship does not guarantee a wonderful marriage. It still requires a lot of work.

Thanks for your FDK.

Thanks, Ann I certainly intend to keep posting my stories here. smile

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Reading up on the Kerth stories, I stumbled across this one I had missed. Well done, Corrina! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Somehow I also missed this one when it was first posted. So glad it got bumped back up. Great story, sweet ending.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

Read it all in one sitting
On reflection, I think this might be a story that is better if you don't have time between parts to stew over what might happen.

Thanks for letting me know you read it!

Jackie Thanks. Out of the fics I've written, TC is one of my favourites.

Corrina.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Just finished reading this story all the way through, and I wanted to let you know how very much I adore it. It makes me cry and laugh and hope and cry some more and smile some more, which are all the best things a story is supposed to do. I love the characterizations of an older Lois and Clark here, seeing how much they still love each other, but also how much they've grown together as an older couple -- they always felt like Lois and Clark, but how they would be if we had gotten to see them older. Clark's loneliness and his way of blaming himself for it -- as he's so endearingly apt to do -- was heartbreaking, and Lois's realization of what she'd almost lost made me ache for her. I love that she 'won him back' by trying to act exactly like he had with her younger self. Jonathan and Clark's scenes together were especially poignant as well. Perry and Jimmy had such wonderful cameos, and the children Clark was helping were rather sweet, and Dan Scardino was just as easy to dislike here as in the show, and I loved getting to see Lois and Clark, in the midst of everything, get to investigate another story. Some things will never change... smile

In other words, one of my favorite stories -- thanks so much for writing it and sharing it with us. (And I'd love to see it in the archives...)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I really appreciate your kind comments AntiK. Thank you.

TC will get to the archives. Last time I read it, I got to the last couple of chapters and just wasn't happy with them. Another edit is on my 'to-do' list.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard