Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Watch "Beast" Asteroid Pass By Earth Live
Read more at http://www.iflscience.com/space/watch-beast-asteroid-pass-earth-live#WimYiZEciskJwOCY.99
On June 8, asteroid 2014 HQ124 will pass by Earth at three times the distance of the moon. It poses no risk of hitting us. Good thing, because it's 352 meters (1,100 feet) long!

Of course, it’s a little disconcerting that an asteroid large enough to inflict that much damage was only discovered about six weeks ago. There's also not a hell of a lot we could do about it, even if it were on course to hit us. In order to try and minimize the risk of our certain doom from asteroids, NASA and Slooh have teamed up for the Asteroid Grand Challenge, which empowers citizen scientists to help discover and monitor any asteroids headed our way.

dizzy Found this particularly interesting in light of how many fans have questioned the Nightfall episode in how could it be possible they didn't know about Nightfall sooner.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow--interesting! Makes ASU really thought-provoking!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This is interesting, but in my mind it has no bearing on the credibility of ASU: 1100 feet is very different from 17 miles.

That's not to say, however, that I enjoy ASU any the less for having to add yet one more thing to my ever-so-long list of items that require a suspension of disbelief for this show. After all, if I couldn't willingly suspend disbelief, I'd never watch L&C.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very true, Lynn...

While not comparable really at all---it's sort of neat to see something (very, very, very loosely) like a bit of the ASU storyline.

L&C sure is a wonderful 'reality' all of it's own...

One of my favorite eps--I love how while Clark remembers nothing, he knows he has a connection to Lois dance

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/08/14 06:45 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard