Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
If you need to catch up on prior chapters, the helpful TOC is here, courtesy of LabRat and Mike M.

The next post will be tomorrow (Monday) night, as I'll be very busy Tuesday. I should be back to posting Tuesday mornings the following week.

So, what do you think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
I think this is my favourite part yet.

Lois and Clark have a clue! Yay. And (kind of) a plan! Yay.

Kara got to experience flying. *sigh* That's the one thing I always dream of being able to do myself.

Her foster family found out ... and will have to believe her, and will believe in Superman, and will support her! Yay!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
She wondered if her dad had an awesome crystal palace in the Arctic. She sure hoped so!
I can just imagine how this conversation would go when she gets back and things finally settle down...

Kara: So do you have a ice palace?
Clark: No, where did you get that idea?
Kara: Ummm... nevermind.

So the truth is out. She's DEFINITELY not from around them thar parts. I wonder how this will change things.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with KK about this being my favorite part so far though the Superman Returns experience is probably about what everyone thought it would be.

Of course everyone will love this part
“Kara Zoe Kent, what are you doing outside at this hour? And where are you? You’d better come here this instant!”

Kara hesitated a moment more, then resigned herself to the inevitable. “I’m up here.” She started to descend.

“‘Up’?” echoed Emily. They looked puzzled for a moment; then both sisters looked up. Kara must have been silhouetted against the stars: the flashlight found her quickly. The sisters gasped.

The flashlight followed her all the way down, like a spotlight; barefoot, she hovered just above the ground. She and the Jordans regarded each other silently.

And as Christina said the Crystal Palace discussion ought to be real interesting.

I really can't wait until the next posting. I suspected all along that Caitlin find out the truth but I figured Emily would not find out for a while. The ensuing discussion should be right up there with the Crystal Palace one.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm surprised that Kara wasn't freaked out more about Lois and Richard. Yes "Mom and Dad got a divorce" sounds like a good title. It probably helped that these people didn't look anything like her family and friends. Glad to hear she knows all about the dangers of Kryptonite (even if there isn't any in this dimension) and the bad stuff regarding the evilness that is Luthor.

Yes, sneaking out in the middle of the night, not a good thing. I could see why she might want to see for herself that Metropolis wasn't there, though. Apparently, these people of this dimension have *no* idea that Superman is real, so can she really trust everything that they tell her? /teenage logic/

So now Caitlin and Emily know that Kara isn't nuts and isn't delusional. /cue Trask? / What will happen next?

Yea! hyper Lois and Clark know who took their daughter; although, I could see that not making them feel any better. Wells didn't show up when Clark almost consummated his marriage to Clois either, because he knew that Lois and Clark solved this problem themselves. He must know that the same will hold true here. I can see Lois and Clark feeling terribly helpless though. I wonder what they'll find at H.G. Wells's homes.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
From this point on Kara will not be a typical 'tween'....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part.
“Where is that man? What’s taking him so long?” Lois fumed as she paced.
Sorry Lois clearly you are on the first loop and until you live through the events and all the years pass Wells can't know anything. However after all those years pass Wells can learn about it and come back and change it, but at least one loop has to happen or there is nothing to fix.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ohhh! I definitely enjoyed the images of Kara learning to fly.... recently I was on a plane, watching through the window and delighting with the clouds, and imagining how would it feel to fly like SM. ... The breeze caressing my skin, the smell of clean air, the taste of the little drops of the clouds, the sound of the wind, and the overwhelming feeling of loneliness. ... oh, I'm inspired by your story, and again you let me craving for more to read! Now that her foster family knows the truth I hope they might help her! And when is she going to watch THE show??? You know, the one that keep us reading this fics and pressing F5 every 2 minutes...?

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm glad everyone liked this part!

Rest assured, the crystal palace will get discussed. wink Just not for a while.

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I believe that no matter the risk, if I learned I could fly, I would be up in the sky as quickly as possible. Great description of how Kara felt, first trying to get down and then thrilled to be up. My only small comment is it seems she is mastering all of her powers very easily without anyone to guide her. Thanks for the very well written chapter.

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm surprised that Kara wasn't freaked out more about Lois and Richard. Yes "Mom and Dad got a divorce" sounds like a good title. It probably helped that these people didn't look anything like her family and friends.
I remember seeing a tumblr post pretty much saying something to this effect (how the rebooted separation of Clark and Lois in the comics felt like mom and dad getting a divorce).

Originally Posted by chelo
Ohhh! I definitely enjoyed the images of Kara learning to fly.... recently I was on a plane, watching through the window and delighting with the clouds, and imagining how would it feel to fly like SM. ... The breeze caressing my skin, the smell of clean air, the taste of the little drops of the clouds, the sound of the wind, and the overwhelming feeling of loneliness. ...
Other than the loneliness, I have to concur. Every single time I fly I imagine I'm running and lifting off the ground during takeoffs and planting my feet (lightly) back to Earth when landing. It's why I love to fly.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wingardium leviosa?

HAH!

Also, now Kara's companions know that she definitely *is* Superman's daughter.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard