Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have no trouble with colors on my Firefox.

Also, I noticed while updating links today, anything written between << >> will appear blank on the boards (should you use those markers for thoughts, dreams, or flashbacks, etc.) BUT if you edit your post you'll notice that the text is STILL THERE. It's just can't be seen on the boards. huh I recommend using my friend Find/Replace (over in WORD) and changing those markers to something else, which won't cause this problem.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, the angle-brackets thing:

Once you edit a post, the lost part of the content shows up again, because the board fixes the < and >. So if someone reads a story with missing thought-dialogue, PM'ing Labby to hit edit and save on the damaged part should do the trick smile

Unfortunately, that trick does not work for the FDK-posts that got mangled and shortened in the migration.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
I tend to get logged out whenever I turn off my computer - despite having the box checked that tells the board to "remember me" or, in other words, keep me logged in. *grumbles*

I once had trouble with the search function, but if you manually enter that you want to see stuff that's older than 1 year, it finds the very old stuff as well. However, it still doesn't seem to work properly. I once searched for a fic that was simply impossible to find - even though I entered the title of said fic into the search field and later found the story I was looking for with a manual search.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It still confuses me why when you search and get a document all the words "the" are highlighted in yellow, but none of the other words in the title. I solve the problem by finding the right date of the post and then going there and finding the original transcript. By the way, the dark blue date on the blue headline banner is still hard to read. White would be better.
All trivial stuff, just annoying.
Great job all in transitioning all these files.
regards
Artemis

Last edited by Artemis; 06/01/14 06:14 PM. Reason: line spacing

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For anyone still waiting for an issue to be fixed or who has a new one - Annette has been quite ill lately and hasn't been able to do as much as she would have liked, so you may have to be patient just a little while longer. She will get back to it, just as soon as she's able.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Best wishes to Annette and we all hope she will feel better soon. The boards are working well thanks to her - and the others - great efforts. I'm sure all this hard work didn't help her health any. notworthy
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was thinking about posting in the FoLC productions folder with some artwork. I went to check on how the TOC worked for these kind of things and, guess what, the links are all cat just like the stories were.

I pretty sure the fanfic TOCs have all been corrected but don't know if anyone thought about these. Some look ok, some link to videos, but some still have that cgi-bin in the link.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I was thinking about posting in the FoLC productions folder with some artwork. I went to check on how the TOC worked for these kind of things and, guess what, the links are all cat just like the stories were.

I pretty sure the fanfic TOCs have all been corrected but don't know if anyone thought about these. Some look ok, some link to videos, but some still have that cgi-bin in the link.

Sorry, I will look at them this evening after dinner (taking my wife out for a 43rd Anniversary dinner). It probably will be no problem to fix them. I don't think LabRat or I either one thought of them. I will post back here after I have worked on them.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
party

Happy 43rd Wedding Anniversary, Mike! Hope you have a wonderful day together and lovely meal tonight.

(And thanks for all of your--and LabRat's--continued work with the boards. Annette, too--hope you are feeling better, btw smile ).

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/04/14 08:29 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Laura,

Thanks! It was a great meal and wonderful company. I even had a desert!

KK,

I have cleaned up the first 4 pages of TOCs and will continue in the evenings until complete. Remember any links to FOLCvideo.com will get a 404 Error (Page not found) as they were all taken down back in the big DRM scare pushed out by the record companies. Many of the old YouTube videos are also gone but the most of the Wallpapers and Icons seem to work unless the artwork was taken down by the original poster where ever they hosted it and many of the YouTube links also go to active videos.

I will post tomorrow evening to give you an update as to where I stand. Fortunately there are only 12 pages of TOCs in that forum so it should not take me too long.

Regards,

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mike, so nice of you to volunteer to help out, and on your anniversary, too. notworthy Congratulations! We appreciate all the hard work you, Labby, Annette, KSaraSara, and all the other elves do working behind the scenes to make our lives here on the boards all the easier. smile

All those who haven't visited since the remodel really should. The view is fantastic! I never knew we could see the ocean until you guys knocked down the proverbial wall. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Mike M
KK,

I have cleaned up the first 4 pages of TOCs and will continue in the evenings until complete. Remember any links to FOLCvideo.com will get a 404 Error (Page not found) as they were all taken down back in the big DRM scare pushed out by the record companies. Many of the old YouTube videos are also gone but the most of the Wallpapers and Icons seem to work unless the artwork was taken down by the original poster where ever they hosted it and many of the YouTube links also go to active videos.

I will post tomorrow evening to give you an update as to where I stand. Fortunately there are only 12 pages of TOCs in that forum so it should not take me too long.

Regards,

Mike

Thank you so much. This shouldn't be quite as big a job as the fics ... smile Especially as you can't do anything about links to external places.

So glad you had a good anniversary.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Mike! Let me know if you need any help. It's such a shame that we don't have access to so much of this great fanwork any more.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
LabRat,

I have gotten through Page 8, only 4 more to go. I will hammer them out this evening. It is not just the FOLCvideos.com stuff many of the individual hosted stuff and things put in Photobucket, etc are gone now also. Either people changed providers or quit paying for hosting or whatever anyway a huge amount of it is gone.

I subscribe to a couple of YouTube channels that have a lot of L&C vids on them. I may create a TOC for those, that way the creator gets views and hopefully some compensation from them and we get pointers to a bunch of pretty good stuff out there.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/05/14 10:31 AM.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
All done!

If you find any broken links (links that return you to the Message Boards home page) please let me know and I will fix them.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard