#135004 01/03/12 10:48 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
The following got me thinking,
Originally posted by shimauma:
Rule #28 - be careful with her skull. She may seem thickheaded sometimes, but a bump on the noggin will make her forget the best guy in the universe is her boyfriend...twice... razz
How about a tale where BOTH Lois and Clark lose their memory at the same time?

Picture first season L&C during nightfall. Superman was completely successful but no one knew it until the last huge chunk everyone thought was going destroy all life on the planet bounced off the atmosphere like a billiard ball.

A hundred thousand small chunks impacted various places causing countless problems but no major catastrophes. Lex Luthor however is in his underground shelter unaware that above most all is well. And with the Boss missing his criminal enterprises are coming apart.

Lois and Clark have both lost their memory and have been placed in Deter's care by Perry and Henderson. Assume the Kents have not been able to travel to Metropolis.

The memory-less L&C have to stop Deter and his allies, mop up Luthor's criminal enterprises, and stop Intergang.

All they know is
A: they are partners
B: they are investigative reporters
C: there is something different about Clark, which Lois believes should be kept secret.
D: there is a bond between them.

Framework4
#135005 01/04/12 12:48 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That's quite a challenge.

My story On Plot Reuse is a tongue-in-cheek story outline that almost answers the part about L&C both having memory loss. But the loss is sequential, not simultaneous.

Joy,
Lynn

#135006 02/01/12 02:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I could not even BEGIN to write such as epic. Has anyone mentioned giving it a try?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#135007 02/01/12 03:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I joked on my Lunkheaded Loser Loophole Challenge about what would have happened it Clark accidently mind wiped Lois before he took off to take care of Nightfall. So, when he returned both he and Lois had amnesia.

Your story idea sounds intreguing. Lots of good angsty drama (or comedy).

The memory-less L&C have to stop Deter and his allies, mop up Luthor's criminal enterprises, and stop Intergang.
Wouldn't they also have to find Superman to save Earth from Nightfall 2?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135008 02/02/12 03:37 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Wouldn't they also have to find Superman to save Earth from Nightfall 2?
No. Notice in the original post
Superman was completely successful but no one knew it until the last huge chunk everyone thought was going destroy all life on the planet bounced off the atmosphere like a billiard ball.

Framework4
#135009 02/02/12 04:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, missed that part. I need to start reading slower. :p

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#135010 02/03/12 08:15 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How about earlier. They cross paths in the Congo, drama and explosions ensue. A chunk of kryptonite is involved somehow so you end up with both having no memories and no one around who know who they are.

#135011 02/03/12 12:23 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by dcarson:
How about earlier. They cross paths in the Congo, drama and explosions ensue. A chunk of kryptonite is involved somehow so you end up with both having no memories and no one around who know who they are.
Oooohh... You know that's an intriguing one and could potentially be semo-canonical as I don't remember Lois saying anything about the Congo assignment (did she go? they never mentioned in "Tempus Anyone?")

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135012 02/03/12 12:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
I don't remember Lois saying anything about the Congo assignment (did she go? they never mentioned in "Tempus Anyone?")
If it wasn't there, maybe in Lois and Clarks, someone mentions something about it being a gun-running story in the Congo. (I think it was Lois, because I got the impression that she went and came back from the Congo, unlike alt-Lois).

VirginiaR.
---
#135013 02/03/12 12:40 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
From "Tempus Anyone?":
JIMMY
White talks about you all the time,
Miss Lane. Said you disappeared in
the Congo.

LOIS
Congo. The... gun running story,
three years ago. Yes.
(to Wells)
I did. For a while. But --

PERRY
We hired an army to go over and
look for you. Never did find...
well, you. What happened?

LOIS
What happened is... I'm fine.
Obviously. Thanks to my friend
here. Mr. Wells.
And from "Lois and Clarks":
LOIS
I know.
(a beat)
Look, about that 'chemistry thing'
you mentioned... Just like it's
easy to confuse you and Clark... I
think _you_ have me confused with
_her_. Your Lois. And those
feelings are meant for her.

ALT CLARK
But you see, I never met her. She
was lost on an assignment in the
Congo.
and

(as they go)
I've been meaning to ask you... She
was lost in the Congo, before you
two even met?
"
ALT CLARK
Yeah. It's so strange, missing
someone you never even met. And
now finding her is impossible.

WELLS
My boy....
(glances back at Lois
with a twinkle)
I never say 'impossible.'
Does that jog *your* memory? wink

Joy,
Lynn

#135014 02/04/12 09:03 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
[b] I don't remember Lois saying anything about the Congo assignment (did she go? they never mentioned in "Tempus Anyone?")
If it wasn't there, maybe in Lois and Clarks, someone mentions something about it being a gun-running story in the Congo. (I think it was Lois, because I got the impression that she went and came back from the Congo, unlike alt-Lois). [/b]
That is the story Claude stole from Lois.

Here is a quote from The Pilot part two
When I first started at the Daily Planet. Claude -- he was French -- he had this accent...(beat) I guess I must have been in love. Or thought I was. I was only twenty-one, working on my first big scoop: this perfectly ordinary middle-age couple -- gun runners.

One night, I told him about it and when I woke up the next morning he was gone. So was my story. He won an award for it. Didn't even thank me for my... input.
Which sparked the only tale I have in the archive. Hindsight

Framework4
#135015 02/04/12 10:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Framework4:
Which sparked the only tale I have in the archive. Hindsight
Chills! Framework4, that's what you just gave me from reading your vignette. Chills! How am I supposed to sleep now?

VirginiaR.
---
#135016 02/05/12 06:04 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Framework4:
[b]
[b] I don't remember Lois saying anything about the Congo assignment (did she go? they never mentioned in "Tempus Anyone?")
If it wasn't there, maybe in Lois and Clarks, someone mentions something about it being a gun-running story in the Congo. (I think it was Lois, because I got the impression that she went and came back from the Congo, unlike alt-Lois). [/b]
That is the story Claude stole from Lois.

Here is a quote from The Pilot part two
When I first started at the Daily Planet. Claude -- he was French -- he had this accent...(beat) I guess I must have been in love. Or thought I was. I was only twenty-one, working on my first big scoop: this perfectly ordinary middle-age couple -- gun runners.

One night, I told him about it and when I woke up the next morning he was gone. So was my story. He won an award for it. Didn't even thank me for my... input.
Which sparked the only tale I have in the archive. Hindsight [/b]
Whoa. Wow. I had never even noticed that little mention of the gun-running story in the Pilot. to think it all swings back to her hang-ups about professional relationships.

I do find it worrisome that Claude was able to make it back and Lois didn't though. I wonder how and why that happened.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#135017 02/05/12 06:23 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Patrick, I agree with Virginia. Your vignette was chilling. I had never put Lois' throwaway pilot line together with what we learned later. But in my mind, your story has become part of canon.

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

#135018 02/05/12 01:55 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can easily see Claude not digging anywhere near a far as Lois would.

#135019 02/05/12 02:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just read Hindsight! Yikes! That was fantastically chilling! clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#135020 02/05/12 03:40 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Thanks smile

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth