Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Here's an over the top theory:
This is a Clark from an alternate universe where he and Lois are married. The explosion sent him into the alt-world where he and Lois aren't married.
Not so over the top. I had the same theory myself. Although, now I wonder if it could be HG Wells or Tempus playing with the future and past.

Anyway you do it, David, will work for me.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very well done and very touching!!!

I suppose that once a week is sufficient...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Amazing story thumbsup , brilliantly written wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this story, I've told you that, right? /me sends little men with spears to get more outta ya...

Such an original plotline, I love it! Interesting twist on the amnesia story. smile

Their first kiss. Their thousandth kiss.
I love this so much. Shows how lost he is about his past... and yet, he's sure about Lois. (course, he's wrong, but he loves her, and that's what matters <g>)

I love it that they kiss so naturally, and she doesn't protest and there's no awkwardness. sloppy

“No, we’re not married, and we’re... there’s no baby, but... it’s a beautiful dream, Clark. I... I almost wish it were true.”
Yeah, she does. smile smile smile smile Nice answer. wink

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is so late, but I've finally read this part and WOW! This is great, David!

I know some of these have been already quoted, but I couldn't *not* comment on these lines that stood out to me, awed me and melted my heart!!!! wink

His heart was aching as he started to accept the evidence. His marriage... his life was falling apart because he’d been a bastard of the worse kind.
Poor, poor man! He has no clue. Well, literally, actually smile . Lois needs to assure him he would never do that, even if she can't base that assurance on proof. He needs to learn the truth, that they're not married and Cat is just a bit of a tease! Yet I don't want him to learn the truth, because his dreams are so sweet and hopeful, capturing that early season 1 Clark Kent that is just so endearing. That dreamer. Ahh... okay moving on now...

Familiar. It felt so familiar. The warmth of her cheek beneath his palm, her scent rising up around him... "I need you here. I *want* you here... please, Lois."
This is so vivid! I can picture this moment so clearly, your writing just brings it to life. Beautiful!

He pulled back, and she followed him. Her hand wound into his hair, pulling him back to her, her lips fierce against his. He could taste her desperation, feel her need. Clark let the fire that was building in him take control, let his hands slip around the back of her head, let himself meet his wife's passion and let the world melt away.
His wife! Oh dear god! What are they going to do???? When will she tell him??? But I love this... time is running out, and she is FINALLY letting the moment happen and not fretting about rules and consequences. I love that he pulled back and she followed him and initiated the second and more passionate kiss. I am really really loving this! You build these moments so naturally and understandably, and yet they are such defining, important moments. Such turning points. You can understand him, since we're privy to his thoughts. But through dialogue and action, we can understand her, too. How she talked about reporting with a tinge of regret, that it had ruled her and become so important, she'd somewhere along the lines forgotten to live a little. And now time's running out and.... ::::Sigh::::: it's just so nice! blush

red silk sheets
The cape??? He's confusing kissing her as Superman??? I think, anyway... This is so great!

After a long moment of silence, she squeezed his hand gently. “Clark?”

“Am I, really?” he asked softly, his eyes still glued to their joined hands.

She didn’t answer him and he looked up, finally meeting her confused gaze. Her free hand moved to the side of his face, her fingers caressing his slightly stubbled cheek. Her voice was soft. “Of course you are.”
Turning to mush over here!! laugh

He’d give anything... to wake up, in his bed, next to his wife. For the nightmare to end.
This is heartbreaking! The poor guy! This must be so frustrating! Like winding up in a parallel universe and nothing is the same as you remember it... hmmm...

On that note, I have to say that Chris's theory about two Clarks from different worlds getting thrown back into the wrong world because of the explosion is a really great theory. And on that...
Of course that means that OUR Clark was sent into a world where he's married to Lois and she's pregnant with their baby. I bet that's one happy Clark Kent!!!!!
made me rotflol nice smile

He slid his palm around her cheek and tilted her face upwards, hoping to see the truth in her eyes, but they were closed. She couldn’t look at him. He’d lost her... she was standing right in front of him, but he’d lost her... apparently, he’d never had her.
You are killing me. Seriously. frown

And what a place to end!!

This was just great. I, too, like how we only get Clark's POV. His mind is so fragile right now, having no memories and rebuilding ones that he discovers are not real. His vulnerability is heartbreaking and I like that we are constantly there, sorting through things with him, and we DO get to see how Lois feels, through her actions and the way you describe her expressions, and through the things she says.

I really can't wait for him to remember he's Superman, or discover it accidentally or however you do it. More soon smile

~NICOLE

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Dave

Sorry I'm so late. This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! Nice!!

The ending, though... ack! Can't wait to see what comes next!

Anna smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hmmmm. An alternate dimension/transplanted Clark? I don't know...

I've been reading this as being the exact situation in "our" universe, with the amnesia from Clark's first encounter with the asteroid - but with this fascinating twist.

If he subconsciously suppressed everything, I'm thinking, he could so very easily also suppress the fact that what he wants out of their relationship is so much more than what Lois appears to want. At this point, they're really only becoming good friends, but he's been in love with her from day one - a long time ago from the point of view of the one whose love is not returned.

The things he thinks he remembers - the wedding, the baby... those could, indeed, be a fantasy. His ultimate dream. Bolstered by their real encounters - the couple of powerful kisses they've shared - to add more realism to the whole thing.

Here he is, essentially a blank slate. He's super, with enhanced abilities. Including those of the senses. Maybe his dreams are very intense, too. laugh

This:
He closed his eyes as her hesitant whisper reached his ears. “Were you happy about the baby, Clark?”
was just so... I don't even think I can come up with a word to do it justice, Dave.

I wasn't actually expecting that Lois would react like that. That she'd do anything more than pull away, emotionally, the minute she realized what Clark thought he remembered. I expected her to fumble and deny it, awkwardly. Then what would happen next, I just didn't know.

But this - it's... She's so vulnerable under that tough exterior. Most men, in her experience, would not offer "forever" to her in terms of a relationship. And a child? Again, she could legitimately assume that any man would abandon her in such a situation.

But here - here's a man that is terribly distraught that they're not married - married! A forever thing. And then - then he reacts with real grief when he realizes there's no baby. Almost unable to comprehend, she tentatively asks him how he felt - was he... actually happy about a baby?? And she gets a reply she probably never anticipated she would ever hear from a man. Grief - real and intense grief - that it isn't true.

Wonderful stuff!!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
'Wow' never seems to be able to cover it, but... it's the only thing I can think to say.

Wow.

And thank you! To everyone who replied, your comments, theories, and threats brightened my whole week! smile

Originally posted by MissyG:
But Lois! She was so understanding and so gentle to break the truth to him, and when he said she wished it were true, my heart nearly stopped!!
Now that's a sign that something worked... your readers go into cardiac arrest!

Can you believe that line almost didn't make the cut for the rewrite? Thank you for pointing it out - it's one of my favourites. smile

Originally posted by Wendymr:
Shame they weren't still wearing the rings they had for cover in HIM...
Oh yes, that would have made things much more interesting. <EG>

Originally posted by Meerkat:
Your writing of their emotions, especially Clark's (which we feel firsthand) is just amazing.
Thank you! smile

Originally posted by groobie:
I still have an ache in the pit of my stomach - I can't believe how much your words actually physically touched me!
Wow! That's an enormous compliment! Thanks, Susan! smile

Originally posted by rivka:
Except the next time I get you alone in IRC, I will be quiet and let you write!
Nah, you don't really want to do that. <g>

Originally posted by Shadow:
/me makes a low groan. Oh noooo. Seriously, I just said that.
I love you.

Originally posted by Capes:
I'm SO excited.
I love you, too.

Originally posted by Poussin:
Okay, you win. I'm crying, now. That scene is so sad, and so powerful.
And you. laugh

Originally posted by Nicole S:
Yet I don't want him to learn the truth, because his dreams are so sweet and hopeful, capturing that early season 1 Clark Kent that is just so endearing. That dreamer. Ahh... okay moving on now...
Nicole... I really love you. <g> Your comments just blew me away. Thank you! smile

Originally posted by TicAndToc:
But here - here's a man that is terribly distraught that they're not married - married! A forever thing. And then - then he reacts with real grief when he realizes there's no baby. Almost unable to comprehend, she tentatively asks him how he felt - was he... actually happy about a baby?? And she gets a reply she probably never anticipated she would ever hear from a man. Grief - real and intense grief - that it isn't true.
I wanted to quote your whole post, Janet, but this bit... sloppy

That's exactly what I was hoping people would interpret from Lois's reaction. That, not only was she already vulnerable in ASU, but being told all that... If I weren't already married... six times... <g>

Now... <g>

Normally, I like to let people draw their own conclusions - makes the story a tad more interactive, but...

Originally posted by Laurach:
So is Clark remembering a future that hasn't happened yet?
No. smile

Originally posted by ChaaBreh:
Here's an over the top theory:

This is a Clark from an alternate universe where he and Lois are married. The explosion sent him into the alt-world where he and Lois aren't married.
That *would* be interesting, but no. smile

Of course that means that OUR Clark was sent into a world where he's married to Lois and she's pregnant with their baby. I bet that's one happy Clark Kent!!!!!
Wouldn't it? <g>

That does sound a little like Zoomway's excellent Counter Clark-Wise .

Originally posted by Meerkat:
The alternate universe theory certainly sounds possible, or maybe there's some sort of H.G. Wells shenanigans about to happen?
Boy, that theory sure is popular. <g>

But no, there are no Altworlds, no future Clarks and definately no H. G. Wells - he's far too busy basking in the sucess of his book turned movie 'War of the Worlds'. <g>

There's only one really messed up guy. Clark's "memories" are fake. Based around fantasies he's had and real moments in the series.

And finally...

Originally posted by Sheila:
Please post more than once per week, seeing that you have probably written a significant amount of the story.
Actually... Part 4 isn't written. I'm hoping that some gentle nudges might spur me on. smile

Now... after that I need a little break, but part 3 is coming up soon.

Dave (who wonders if he should worry he gets so much pleasure from failing hearts <g>)

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm late, but so glad I finally caught up!

And, oh, my heart was breaking for poor Clark in this segment, Dave. And for Lois too. It must be so difficult for her to handle this. whinging

As always, the pure, lyrical rhythm of your words lends such resonance to the emotions you've captured. I think that's the thing I love most about your writing, Dave. The sheer emotion you pour into each segment. Beautiful.

Plus, some seriously WAFFy dialogue.

Liked the way you solved the chiffon question. <g>

Right...thank goodness part three is already up. There is some small pro to catching up later than everyone else. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard