Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#254140 05/14/14 10:38 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think? I hope people aren't losing interest...I swear this won't be one of those epic-length stories. There may be eight chapters left, I'm not sure.

D
Blogger
Blogger
D
I'm definitely riveted! Every new part brightens my day.

Also, boooo Ralph!

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Sorry I haven't been making many posts recently. Haven't had much time.

But this story is the first thing I look for when I turn the computer on, start my lunch, before I shut down at work, get home. You get the idea. Thanks for a great story.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope people aren't losing interest...
No way! I'm always eagerly waiting for a new part. hyper

Hope Clark is around to save Lois. grovel She is in big trouble. shock

Andreia

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm guessing Perry isn't the editor yet, if RALPH was handed the football story. [Linked Image]

Definitely not losing interest! I'm rather anxious now for Clark to show up, or Lois is in for a whole lot of trouble. And much as she thinks so, I'm not convinced the coach or principal will do much for her. I just hope it doesn't land Clark in too much trouble if he protects her. What a mess!

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
While I would love to get all of it now as each chapter is great, I think it is proceeding at the right pace. Not boring at all. Hope it leads to many other stories as I like this universe. Would like to see how Clark reacts to Luthor not as a criminal but as someone rich

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG you can't leave it there!!!! Poor Lois!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't been commenting (shame on me), but I'm still very much enjoying the story, and squeeing with glee whenever a new part gets posted. This latest part is quite the cliff-hanger. I really hope Clark--or anyone, really--comes to save Lois, and I really hope this whole Ralph thing does't bite Lois in the rear.

Please keep posting!

(If you're really concerned about the pace or something, you could try posting more frequently. That should fix it. wink )

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hope those internship papers were real! Ralph is stealing Lois's story for sure.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lois is in trouble and needs help. I can't wait for the next part to find out what happens.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I find Lois's experience with projects fairly similar to what I remember from High School. I truly hope that Tom Church fails due to his "book report" on not only a movie, but a movie from the wrong era.

I was a bit curious how Lois and Clark met on Friday lunch to prepare for their presentation on Thursday. dizzy Perhaps I'm just a bit mixed up regarding the day they started, which I thought was Saturday (when they met at the Soup Kitchen).

It was amazing how quickly circumstances could change. She’d been so enthusiastic at the end of school after her project with Clark had gone well. Getting this telephone call had been a shock.
When I first read this, I thought Lois was getting a "you'll do better next time, princess" remark from her father for getting the highest grade on the project.

Yikes! Ellen headed to work drunk. shock She's lucky if she's only sent to rehab. I agree with Brother Wayman (and I'm glad that Lois called him to talk after hearing about her mom, because it validates Clark's contribution. smile ) that Ellen will only get out of it what she puts in. sad

She handed him back the pass and undid the chain holding the door closed. “Why are you here?”

“You got the internship, kid.”

He held out a packet. She took it from him and ripped it open, pulling the papers out from inside. She read through them with growing excitement.

“I didn’t expect them to actually send somebody. I thought they’d send it in the mail.”

Ralph shrugged. “I was hoping to get a look at what you’ve got on the scandal. The brass was impressed with what you’ve got so far, and I was wondering if you had any more.”
Yea! hyper that Lois got the internship. I'm assuming that she was able to get her photos back from the developer this time. Yes, it is curious that Ralph (although, he introduces himself as "Ralf") was sent to gather her notes. Wouldn't it be better if he worked WITH her on the story, since she gathered all the info? But I guess that wouldn't be kosher. Interesting that Perry recused himself from the story, but that's right, he's friends with the Churches from way back. I hope he didn't tip off Bill Church on Lois's story.

Still, she was excited. Her mother was already gone to rehab and her father was out of town again. Lois wasn’t sure whether he was legitimately working or whether he was off on an early weekend with his latest conquest. Either way she had no forwarding number.
Once again, Sam is demonstrating his outstanding lack of parenting skills. And this is probably someone who would look down upon Clark for being a homeless orphan.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Lois said, stalling for time. Whatever had caused Tom to go off the deep end, she needed to keep him talking. Eventually someone would contact the principal or the coach.
I'm sure they already know and just happened to be out to lunch so they wouldn't have a "conflict of interest", which might cause them to have to suspend Tom as well.

“I got cut from the team!” he said. “Half the guys are gone!”

Apparently Ralph hadn’t been as careful in asking questions as he’d said he’d be.
And they only have themselves to blame... and yet, here he is blaming not the cause of his fall from grace (since that was himself) but just the person who did the research which brought it to light.

I hope Clark's listening for her and is able to intervene. With Sam out of town, Ellen in rehab, Lois is a sitting duck... not just now, but when she goes home that night. shock I'm worried about her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I haven't been commenting — life has been very busy. Please keep posting! It's a great story and I'm enjoying every installment.

Somehow I get the suspicion that Ralph may be about to pull a Claude, and pass Lois's work off as his own.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ralph shrugged. “I was hoping to get a look at what you’ve got on the scandal. The brass was impressed with what you’ve got so far, and I was wondering if you had any more.”

Story-stealing for sure! And I see that Ralph has been his usual ham-handed self, hence Tom Church freaking out and attacking Lois.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard