Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#254150 05/15/14 03:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

How was that for memorable? evil Comments?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
How did the Kryptonite get round Lois' neck. She'd never let that happen ... no matter how much she was playing the part for Lex.

Oh, I get it. Something that confused me for a moment when I read it, but then I just moved past and accepted it.

Lois left ... Lex began whatever his plans were (for project K) then Lois was suddenly there again.

MuuuaaaHaaaaHaaaa

Sleight of hand ... I get it.

You got me with Lois asking about her mother. It seemed (kind of) reasonable that she'd come back to ask about her mother, but also odd.

Anyway. Next part soon please. Don't let anything bad happen to Clark please (even though we all knew something like this would come anyway).

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree! The real Lois would never wear a chunk of kryptonite (at least not consciously) ... is she a clone? shock

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Clois, is here! I first thought it was a fantasy he was playing out with Mrs. Cox until that final scene.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
KatherineKent: Hi, KK. Thanks for Playing. smile1

How did the Kryptonite get round Lois' neck. She'd never let that happen ... no matter how much she was playing the part for Lex.
cool

Oh, I get it. Something that confused me for a moment when I read it, but then I just moved past and accepted it.

Lois left ... Lex began whatever his plans were (for project K) then Lois was suddenly there again.
[Linked Image]

MuuuaaaHaaaaHaaaa
evil

Sleight of hand ... I get it.
[Linked Image]

You got me with Lois asking about her mother. It seemed (kind of) reasonable that she'd come back to ask about her mother, but also odd.
That's what she was going to ask Lex about before she left, but then he said they'd talk about it that evening on their "final" date and she got distracted.

Anyway. Next part soon please. Don't let anything bad happen to Clark please (even though we all knew something like this would come anyway).
[Linked Image] Define "bad".

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo & Christina: Thanks for reading and commenting.

Originally Posted by chelo
I agree! The real Lois would never wear a chunk of kryptonite (at least not consciously)
Lex is being a very bad man and yet nobody thinks that Lex FORCED her to wear it?

Originally Posted by chelo
... is she a clone? shock

Originally Posted by Christina
Clois, is here!

This will be answered (somewhat) in the next part... And as I've stated before...
I don't see Clois making an appearance in this story. It isn't what people think.
evil

Originally Posted by Christina
I first thought it was a fantasy he was playing out with Mrs. Cox until that final scene.
Oh? Interesting theory.

Posting as usual, Wednesday Night, unless I finish Part 178 before Tuesday, then I'll post then. Thanks for your comments and guesses.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Spoiler

Sleight of Hand
I figure, I already know what not to expect, so peeking into the spoiler shouldn’t hurt, right? Besides, it’s so…tempting blush

Once he had double-checked that Lois had returned safely to her apartment from her evening out with Luthor
I chose to read this that he checked that she’s safe, and then, when she went to take a shower and hard scrub down, he chose to make really sure she’s safe and not hurting herself during her exfoliation.

Clark had then proceeded to the docks to work his midnight to six a.m. shift unloading boxes.
That shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes, right?

The truth was Clark only worked at the docks at most four days a week and it was usually three, and, sometimes, only two.
So…how does he hold his apartment that’s costing him nine even a month?

Once in the sky, he pinpointed the direction of the screams and discovered to his horror it originated from the Luthor House for Homeless Children.
Prison riot?

The fire trucks had yet to arrive, but he could hear their approaching sirens.
[Linked Image] Clark had been blissfully sleeping and dreaming of burning children. I’m guessing that took a good two minutes before he woke up. Plus, it must have taken more than two minutes for enough of a fire to start to get all the children in the Luthor Prision for Homeless Children all riled up. Don’t they have fire alarms? And wouldn’t someone notice a fire before all the kids are up and screaming? I mean, they have to have some armed guards patrolling the hallways, right? Anyhow, I guess I’m coming from the angle that it should only take 3-5 Minutes for the fire trucks to show up after the fire got reported and Superman must have slept longer than that huh

At the last second, Lois turned her face so that his kiss landed on her cheek, as she whispered, “Not in front of the help, Lex.”
rotflol clap She’s wonderfully snobbish!
LEX: [Linked Image]

and how she rightly considered Mrs. Cox beneath them.
But isn’t he continuously stubbing her?
LEX: She’s always beneath me.

and then turned sharply returning to Lex’s office.
Maybe a comma after ‘sharply’?

As soon as the doors closed behind Mrs. Cox, he pressed his lips to Lois’s and thrust his tongue into her mouth.
sick

“Never reject me in front of the help again,” he growled.
laugh Afraid she might push him out of a flying helicopter right in front of the pilot (aka the help)?

“In case you hadn’t noticed, Lex. I don’t take orders, not even from you.”
LEX: No, I haven’t. Will need to fix that.
LOIS: So, you’re going to be paying more attention to me from now on?
LEX: No…that’s not what I meant. [Linked Image]

wanting to do nothing more than to throw her onto his settee and take what was rightfully his.
[Linked Image] ?
[Linked Image] ?

In her current state, he knew that there would be kicking, screaming, and biting involved, and with Superman being kept busy across town doing rescues there wouldn’t be anyone who would stop him.
As opposed to…?
LEX: My wedding night?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Alas, he wanted more than one time with Lois and knew that if he forced her now, there wouldn’t be a second time.
He could lock her up afterwards?

“It was merely a request,” he continued. “If my employees saw how much power you have over me, they would never respect me again. I’d be the laughing stock of LexCorp and I cannot have that.”
MINDY: [Linked Image] Don’t worry, sister. You don’t want them to respect your snugglebums. You only want them to fear and respect *you*. That’s why I gassed my first board.

Lex spoke the truth. He had to possess her. It wasn’t merely a desire, anymore. It was a need, a requirement for his life, like breathing.
Maybe he should confer with his psychiatrist about that.

Thankfully, he had Arianna to stand by him and declare him temporarily insane.
ARI: … and it is my firm believe that the accused Mr. Luthor is permanently insane and requires constant supervision and sedation. I can recommend the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable. It is set up to handle the most extreme cases of psychosis.
LEX: help

Mentioning our wedding bed in front of that woman was humiliating.”
And what does she think when they will need to change the bloody sheets the next morning?
LOIS: I’m not a virgin.
LEX: [Linked Image]

“You’re not planning on taking me out after we’re married?” She raised a questioning eyebrow at him.
/points at Labby’s Masques/

“Ah, but then you’ll be legally required to be there,” he teased with a wink.
I can’t help it but while it sounds cute when Clark says it, with Lex it’s just…creepy.

Out of all the women he had wanted, only Lois had held so tightly onto her virtue.
Interesting. Can one call a woman virtuous if she’s only holding on to her virtue in front of her fiancé while trying her best to be less than virtuous with another guy?

He was sure that sex with her would be as addicting as any lethal drug.
Well…maybe a morphine overdose.

Because of her fight and drive for perfection, sex for them would always be new and exciting.
LOIS: So…what’s the minimum thing to do to still consider this marriage consummated?
BENDER: [Linked Image]
LOIS: sick I’ll be doing less and he’ll like it.
MRs. COX: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Fine. I can do that.

Bender’s nephew was an idiot, if he thought this woman could ever be an ice maiden.
Hope Lex doesn’t mind frost bites down there.
LOIS: He’d be lucky if that’s all the bites he’d get.

Lex watched as Lois turned back and gazed down at him from the top of the stairs.

“I love this view,” she said, a devilish sparkle in her eye. “I must confess I love the fact that everyone in the city has to look up to see me.”

He chuckled. “Touché, darling. Touché.” He blew her a kiss.
She will make quite the crime queen.

She nodded, her brown hair bouncing as it grazed her mid-neck.
Ooooh! This is evil. Hinting at a Lois-do.

The balcony doors opened and fresh air poured inside his office.
confused

When he turned around, Lois Lane stood before him. Taller, more erect than he had ever seen her. Her eyes flared at him with a flash of hatred.
Huh. Hologram!

“Lex!” Lois’s voice gasped. He could hear a slight waver in it.

“Never talk back to me again, Lois,” he insisted.
So, that’ what the spoiler was about?

He was losing control. He could no longer wait. He slapped her again, harder this time, with the back of his hand and a wave of desire coursed through his veins.
Maybe some stronger psychoactive medication is needed?

“Ow!” Lois drew her hands up to protect her face. The anger was gone from her eyes, but a fear was creeping in. “What are you…?”

“Quiet, woman!” he hissed, grabbing her neck and pushing her face down on his desk.

“No! Wait!” Lois moaned. “I love you.”
He’s really using Mrs. Cox as a punching bag, isn’t he? Oh, and yeah, had I not read the spoiler, I would probably have been a bit more what the hell? about this.

She screamed as Lex flew across the room and hit the wall.
Oops? Superman? She didn’t call Octopus. Maybe she liked it? On the downside, Superman will not be flying back out of that green-K’d room.
LOIS: Great going there, Superbrains :rolleyes:

“I din’t steal nothing!”
Intentionally missing ‘d’?

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/18/14 12:01 PM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/external images ares still counted. You can't have more than <please count in prev. post> show up in a single post./

I was the Editor-and-Chief
[Linked Image] can you use ‘and’ instead of ‘in’ here?

surprise casserole for dinner. If you’re well behaved enough to be fed at all.”

“There’s some leftover broccoli chicken casserole CK made last night,” the brat suggested.
rotflol
BRAT: What? I told him what’s in it. He only mentioned ‘surpise’ casserole.

That turned out okay, even if she was cheap and has a bad taste in men.”
Well…what does he expect from cheap girls? They usually do go after the bad men.
LUCY: Hey! I’m not cheap.

I didn’t want any part of it. Delivering the crazy lady’s notes was one thing, but I wasn’t taking no packages.”
What if the notes were covered in LSD?

but there it is on the cover of the National Whisper…”
Which means it *must* be true.
RAT: What? It also said that Superman had a twelve-way with the entire main cast of last years’ Love Fortress Int. He’s quite the stud!

Didn’t she care about that?
Because it wasn’t that obvious back then?

Mr. White opened a folder and slid a photograph across the table towards Jack and Denny. “Is this the Englishman?” he asked.
I do wonder how that works… You show a suspect a photo of a more powerful dude, they say he’s the crook, and that’s it, they get bonus points.

it wasn’t worth it to put crap into our bodies,” J
Hence Lois’s aversion to intercourse with her fiancé.

Anyway, he said that it was a gift for the Man of Steel who would be visiting the Luthor House today.
And they really entrust Pete with Kryptonite?

So, I flipped it open and there was a clock ticking down the hours.
Firebomb for the House?

and it’d perfectly harmless
[Linked Image] ‘be’ missing?

“’Cause he said that he and his brother had planted similar stuff over at some college kid’s apartment and it’d perfectly harmless
till it isn’t? wink

Bill? Cat?
Characters in a children’s show? Cat the cat and Bill the dog.

Mr. White nodded. “We’re part of Kent’s team, son. He should be here any minute.”
Or held up until after the wedding.

Jack glanced around. It was clean, had plenty of light, and a fully stocked fridge. There was a working toilet and a shower with hot water. It was paradise. “We’ll consider it,” he replied.
clap

Clark’s feet ached, from his little toes to his heel as if he had recently crossed hot coals.
So…oops?
LOIS: Great going there, Superbrains.

Filled with rage, Clark had burst into Luthor’s office and shoved him off Lois.
And that’s why you should train those moves. Don’t shove the would-be rapist *into* the building. You grab him at about the middle area of his body and fling him towards the window or glass door while keeping your fist closed. That way, most of the would-be rapist will end up on the street several stories below, even when you’re on the verge of getting kryptonite poisoning.

Hanging in the center of Lois’s chest was a child’s fist sized chunk of Kryptonite, dangling off a gold chain.
[Linked Image] Mrs. Cox should really have gone with a watch-replica. Would have been so much more hurtful to him.

The lilting female voice wasn’t Lois’s. Was there another woman in the room?
He’s not very smart while he’s being hurt by Kryptonite, is he? Not that he’s very smart to begin with.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yeah, I'm really confused. I mean, I'm seeing the comments here that it must be Mrs. Cox, not Lois, that Luthor attacked, but wouldn't Clark know the difference? It's not like Mrs. Cox could easily substitute for Lois without some MAJOR work done, and if she was just seen by Lois that morning a few minutes before, she must still look like herself...

I'm so confused!!!! [Linked Image]

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: I counted 19 smilies in this part. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Part 172
Spoiler
Sleight of Hand
I figure, I already know what not to expect, so peeking into the spoiler shouldn’t hurt, right? Besides, it’s so…tempting
Hey, you were warned that it was a SPOILER, so it's not my fault if it spoiled your fun.

I chose to read this that he checked that she’s safe, and then, when she went to take a shower and hard scrub down, he chose to make really sure she’s safe and not hurting herself during her exfoliation.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I... um... have... uh... no idea to what Michael could be...um... referring.

He's not the only one working, so he has to move at human speed.

So…how does he hold his apartment that’s costing him nine even a month?
He doesn't eat much. The Kents are also paying him a little bit for working on the farm, plus he had a little bit in savings.

Prison riot?
JACK: Sounds about right.

Clark had been blissfully sleeping and dreaming of burning children. I’m guessing that took a good two minutes before he woke up. Plus, it must have taken more than two minutes for enough of a fire to start to get all the children in the Luthor Prision for Homeless Children all riled up. Don’t they have fire alarms? And wouldn’t someone notice a fire before all the kids are up and screaming? I mean, they have to have some armed guards patrolling the hallways, right? Anyhow, I guess I’m coming from the angle that it should only take 3-5 Minutes for the fire trucks to show up after the fire got reported and Superman must have slept longer than that /huh/
Anyway, Clark's mind works fast, so it only takes a couple seconds of screaming to invade his dreams, which can move quickly as one's brain dreams at faster speeds than RL.

I'm sorry. Did you assume that the Luthor House for Homeless Children was in a good section of town with ample firehouses and had working fire alarms and smoke detectors?

She’s wonderfully snobbish!
LEX: /knew she was perfect for him./
So, you don't think part of her attitude is an act?

But isn’t he continuously stubbing her?
LEX: She’s always beneath me.
No sometimes she's... No, you're right. My mistake.

MRS. COX: huh That can't be... /grrrrr/

Maybe a comma after ‘sharply’?
So that's where that extra comma I put in during Part 171 went. [Linked Image] Thanks.

Afraid she might push him out of a flying helicopter right in front of the pilot (aka the help)?
What really happened during Lois's purple octopus dream.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

LEX: No, I haven’t. Will need to fix that.
LOIS: So, you’re going to be paying more attention to me from now on?
LEX: No…that’s not what I meant. /pulls out his whip/
LOIS: If this is some kind of snide comment about my looks being like a horse, then we're through! /marches quickly out/

/Lois's opinion of what Lex will experience should he try to take what he considers "rightly his"/
LOIS: Sounds accurate.

As opposed to…?
LEX: My wedding night?
LOIS: /laughing at the thought that SM wouldn't be enjoying Lex's "wedding night" more than Lex would/
Well, perhaps Lex was planning something to occupy the hero's time.

But then he'd have to cancel the wedding and that would just look bad.

MINDY: /giving Lois advice/ Don’t worry, sister. You don’t want them to respect your snugglebums. You only want them to fear and respect *you*. That’s why I gassed my first board.
LOIS: Gee, thanks, Mindy. I'll keep that in mind. dizzy

Maybe he should confer with his psychiatrist about that.
ARI: Lock him up!

ARI: … and it is my firm believe that the accused Mr. Luthor is permanently insane and requires constant supervision and sedation. I can recommend the Luthor House for the Mentally Unstable. It is set up to handle the most extreme cases of psychosis.
LEX: /help/
rotflol So true. It would be his just deserts for underestimating women.

And what does she think when they will need to change the bloody sheets the next morning?
LOIS: I’m not a virgin.
LEX: /Michael reminds Lex about Claude/
Also, Mrs. Cox is an office assistant. She isn't the maid.

/points at Labby’s Masques/
On my summer reading list (downloaded already onto my Nook awaiting for me to have spare time. lol Whatever THAT is.)

I can’t help it but while it sounds cute when Clark says it, with Lex it’s just…creepy.
That's because when Clark says it, he's teasing. When Lex says it, it's a warning about what she should expect.

Interesting. Can one call a woman virtuous if she’s only holding on to her virtue in front of her fiancé while trying her best to be less than virtuous with another guy?
LEX: Say what?

Well…maybe a morphine overdose.
CLARK: Well, that explains a lot.

LOIS: So…what’s the minimum thing to do to still consider this marriage consummated?
BENDER: /gives her the legal definition/
LOIS: /sick/ I’ll be doing less and he’ll like it.
MRs. COX: /suggests that she take over for Lois/
LOIS: Fine. I can do that.
clap

Hope Lex doesn’t mind frost bites down there.
Good thing Clark's invulnerable.
LOIS: Hey! [Linked Image]

Crabs?

She will make quite the crime queen.
And the Oscar goes to...
LOIS: Thank you. I deserve it.

Ooooh! This is evil. Hinting at a Lois-do.
cool

The balcony doors opened and fresh air poured inside his office.
ER: /confused/
Lex wants to make sure that the fish takes the bait. Plus, he doesn't want to a) explain to Lois why his balcony doors need repairing, and b) doesn't want to have to repair them.

Huh. Hologram!
Hmmmm. It would be difficult to touch a hologram.

So, that’ what the spoiler was about?
This will make more sense in Part 173. I'll do a breakdown of what really happened in this scene in that part's FDK for anyone still lost.

LEX: drool Ari, I'b subbosed to be gebbing marrieb. Leb me oub of here.

He’s really using Mrs. Cox as a punching bag, isn’t he? Oh, and yeah, had I not read the spoiler, I would probably have been a bit more what the hell? about this.
Ah, did you figure out what the three things Lex took out of his safe were? evil

Oops? Superman? She didn’t call Octopus. Maybe she liked it?
CLARK: But... but... but... He was TOUCHING *her*!

On the downside, Superman will not be flying back out of that green-K’d room.
[Linked Image] I figured this SM would be smart enough not to meet with Luthor, just because the billionaire requested it of him, so I came up with another trap method.

LOIS: Great going there, Superbrains :rolleyes:
Sadly the eye roll smilie was removed during upgrade. frown Here, try this one. [Linked Image] /Although I'm not sure about the wink./

(Jack)“I din’t steal nothing!”
Intentionally missing ‘d’?
Yes.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*** Continuation of Response to Darth Michael's FDK***

/external images ares still counted. You can't have more than <please count in prev. post> show up in a single post./
19 smilies, 10 of which were ext. images. Thanks.

ER: can you use ‘and’ instead of ‘in’ here?
wallbash I always get his title wrong. Thanks. Fixed.

BRAT: What? I told him what’s in it. He only mentioned ‘surpise’ casserole.
JIMBO: Better they, who are used to casserole, eat it than me.

Well…what does he expect from cheap girls? They usually do go after the bad men.
LUCY: Hey! I’m not cheap.
JIMMYS: [Linked Image]

LOIS: Hey! That's my sister.

Why Corban really needed the extra cash?

What if the notes were covered in LSD?
He'd be far gone before caring.

Which means it *must* be true.
RAT: What? It also said that Superman had a twelve-way with the entire main cast of last years’ Love Fortress Int. He’s quite the stud!
JIMBO: I know. Right?
PERRY: [Linked Image] Where's Kent? I need someone with a brain to talk to.

Because it wasn’t that obvious back then?
Neither Lois nor Denny knew exactly what was happening to Jack.

I do wonder how that works… You show a suspect a photo of a more powerful dude, they say he’s the crook, and that’s it, they get bonus points.
BENDER: /Fist pump!/ Well, I can get Nigel St. John off, but I'm sorry Mr. Luthor, you'll be going to jail for a long time. No technicalities on your case.

Hence Lois’s aversion to intercourse with her fiancé.
lol

And they really entrust Pete with Kryptonite?
No. More details on Lex's plan after I post the rest of that final scene in the next part.

‘be’ missing?
Thanks. Fixed.

till it isn’t?
Well, the parts they planted over at the Jimmys' apartment were harmless because they were only parts. I haven't made Pete Black a Rhodes Scholar.

Bill? Cat?
Characters in a children’s show? Cat the cat and Bill the dog.
Or perhaps Bill THE Cat -> cat /Sorry, huge Bloom County fan. smile /

Or held up until after the wedding.
No, mostly lying on the floor.

So…oops?
But Lois was in trouble.

And that’s why you should train those moves. Don’t shove the would-be rapist *into* the building. You grab him at about the middle area of his body and fling him towards the window or glass door while keeping your fist closed. That way, most of the would-be rapist will end up on the street several stories below, even when you’re on the verge of getting kryptonite poisoning.
Yes, but then he'd be stuck with a murder charge. Especially if said "victim" doesn't corroborate his story.

ER: /nuh-uh/ Mrs. Cox should really have gone with a watch-replica. Would have been so much more hurtful to him.
SM would have been in pain but Luthor would be tossed out the window in his rage and then he would have taken over where Lex left off?

He’s not very smart while he’s being hurt by Kryptonite, is he? Not that he’s very smart to begin with.
Now, that's not very nice. From that point his memories are a bit foggier. Perhaps there's another reason for his dulled brain as well. [Linked Image]

Thanks for funny comments. wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Colleen: Thanks for your comments.

Yeah, I'm really confused.
Sorry about that. blush Originally, I was going to post the entire scene here but it would have gone WAY over the 20 page mark, so I cut it short, giving the Readers just a tease of what was to come. Plus, I figured you'd guys would want to know that Lex was okay after his altercation with the wall of his office. laugh

I mean, I'm seeing the comments here that it must be Mrs. Cox, not Lois, that Luthor attacked, but wouldn't Clark know the difference? It's not like Mrs. Cox could easily substitute for Lois without some MAJOR work done, and if she was just seen by Lois that morning a few minutes before, she must still look like herself...
evil This will be more clear in the next Part. If not, I'll do a scene breakdown of what Lex's full trap was in the FDK thread.

I'm so confused!!!!
Let's just say that the SPOILER link may have given Darth Michael an idea of what I meant by "Sleight of Hand" for the Chapter title. You'll have to wait until tomorrow night to see if he was right or wrong. cool Thanks for reading.

VirginiaR.
---
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
When I read the first few comments, I wondered how anyone could be confused at what was going on. It seemed pretty obvious to me that it was Mrs. Cox dressed like Lois to lure Superman in. But then some of the other comments raised problems with that idea, like when did Mrs. Cox have time to change? And how could she look and sound enough like Lois to trick Clark, especially given his super-hearing and whatnot? So now I'm just as confused as everyone else.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Plus, I figured you'd guys would want to know that Lex was okay after his altercation with the wall of his office. laugh
<sarcasm>Yes, we were all on the edge of our seat hoping that Lex was ok.</sarcasm>

I'm guessing that I don't have to mention that I had hoped that he had fared far worse in his meeting with the wall.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! dance More comments! hyper

mrsMxyzptlk: Thank you for reading.

When I read the first few comments, I wondered how anyone could be confused at what was going on. It seemed pretty obvious to me that it was Mrs. Cox dressed like Lois to lure Superman in. But then some of the other comments raised problems with that idea, like when did Mrs. Cox have time to change? And how could she look and sound enough like Lois to trick Clark, especially given his super-hearing and whatnot? So now I'm just as confused as everyone else.
hyper What a perfect reaction! lol Things will be more clear after I post tonight (especially after I post my scene breakdown in the FDK.) I promise.

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Plus, I figured you'd guys would want to know that Lex was okay after his altercation with the wall of his office. laugh
<sarcasm>Yes, we were all on the edge of our seat hoping that Lex was ok.</sarcasm>

I'm guessing that I don't have to mention that I had hoped that he had fared far worse in his meeting with the wall.
rotflol What? None of you were worried about Lois's fiance?

LOIS: cat Lex can take care of himself. It's Clark I'm worried about.

CLARK: /clears throat/ Uh, Lois. Don't you *remember*? I wasn't in that last scene. /nudge, nudge/ That was *Superman*. Ix-nay on the reveal-say.

LOIS: Clark, you're just weird.

Thanks for commenting.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, you were warned that it was a SPOILER, so it's not my fault if it spoiled your fun.
Yeah…right. As if it’s the kids’ fault when you wrap up the presents with shiny bows and put them on display like that and they open them up early.

Quote:
He's not the only one working, so he has to move at human speed.
CLARK: wallbash Why I should have chosen an office job with a private office, like that accountant my friend Abby knows.

plus he had a little bit in savings.
I thought that got all stolen…?

I'm sorry. Did you assume that the Luthor House for Homeless Children was in a good section of town with ample firehouses and had working fire alarms and smoke detectors?
Well…roasted kids makes for bad headlines

Quote:
She’s wonderfully snobbish!
So, you don't think part of her attitude is an act?
[Linked Image]

So that's where that extra comma I put in during Part 171 went. Thanks.
You’re one for recycling every little bit of paper dirt, aren’t you?

LOIS: If this is some kind of snide comment about my looks being like a horse, then we're through! /marches quickly out/
rotflol /has some sugar cubes for her/

Well, perhaps Lex was planning something to occupy the hero's time.
SUPER HERO: Ooooh! Look at that lovely Lois in my bed.
LOIS: Ribbit?

Quote:
But then he'd have to cancel the wedding and that would just look bad.
They eloped?

Also, Mrs. Cox is an office assistant. She isn't the maid.
So, *that’s* why she’s always taking care of him in his office!

On my summer reading list (downloaded already onto my Nook awaiting for me to have spare time. lol Whatever THAT is.)
SPARE TIME (noun): See time not spent writing, having fun with FDK, taking care of kids or house.
LOIS: I have a lot of spare time!

Good thing Clark's invulnerable.
LOIS: Hey! <the ice queen is angry>
Watch out for icicles!

Quote:
Crabs?
Um… yeah, let’s go with those.

Plus, he doesn't want to a) explain to Lois why his balcony doors need repairing, and b) doesn't want to have to repair them.
laugh Also, that was at the time this was happening. Not after said events took place.

Quote:
LEX: <strapped to a bed and drooling like a buffoon> Ari, I'b subbosed to be gebbing marrieb. Leb me oub of here.
laugh

Ah, did you figure out what the three things Lex took out of his safe were?
Well… Kryptonite. A holoprojector. And protection?

Quote:
LOIS: He still hasn’t learned apparently mad

I figured this SM would be smart enough not to meet with Luthor, just because the billionaire requested it of him, so I came up with another trap method.
You really want to earn those horns before your vay-cay, huh?

Sadly the eye roll smilie was removed during upgrade.
Need to mention this to Annette on the other thread…

19 smilies, 10 of which were ext. images. Thanks.
Thanks for counting. So, maybe 15 smilies plus 10 images… Or unlimited smilies hyper

Why Corban really needed the extra cash?
laugh

PERRY: Where's Kent? I need someone with a brain to talk to.
LOIS: Good luck with that halfwit.

Quote:
So…oops?
But Lois was in trouble.
Did she say ‘Octopus’? No? There you have it.

Yes, but then he'd be stuck with a murder charge. Especially if said "victim" doesn't corroborate his story.
So, suddenly he’s concerned with what’s appropriate?

Quote:
ER: /nuh-uh/ Mrs. Cox should really have gone with a watch-replica. Would have been so much more hurtful to him.
SM would have been in pain but Luthor would be tossed out the window in his rage and then he would have taken over where Lex left off?
huh Oh, because of the red one that momentarily boosts his powers and then makes him horny and mad?

Perhaps there's another reason for his dulled brain as well.
Seen a photo of a naked Lois recently?

Thanks for funny comments.
You’re welcome smile1

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Last one for tonight, because it really is past my bedtime.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by EW
Yeah…right. As if it’s the kids’ fault when you wrap up the presents with shiny bows and put them on display like that and they open them up early.
LOIS: /with chocolate on her face/ It's like putting out a box of chocolates and telling me that they're not for me.

CLARK: wallbash Why I should have chosen an office job with a private office, like that accountant my friend Abby knows.
REASONS CLARK DIDN'T START HIS OWN BUSINESS AFTER THE DP BLEW UP: 1) He's planning on running away with Lois if this investigation thing doesn't pan out, 2) He's hoping it WILL pan out and Perry will find someone to rebuild the Planet and give him his old job back. 3) It's really hard to do saves during tax season. 4) Take too much time and seed money.

Originally Posted by EW
plus he had a little bit in savings.
I thought that got all stolen…?
His gold and photo of his folks were stolen from his safety deposit box, but he's been able to put away a little bit each month from his DP salary, being that he doesn't have much in the way of transportation expenses.

Originally Posted by EW
Well…roasted kids makes for bad headlines
LEX: Well, yes. But by the time they discover it was arson, I'll be far away on my honeymoon. Nobody will believe that *I* a busy philanthropist about to be married would have had anything to do with this. Why do you think I had the younger Black brother do it. Apparently, it will look like some kind of personal retribution, and with the files gone, nobody will be the wiser that what's-his-name never stayed at the Luthor House.

ER: She’s wonderfully snobbish!
EW: So, you don't think part of her attitude is an act?
ER: [Linked Image]
You really want Lois believing that you think she's honestly snobbish? dizzy

[Linked Image] So, you all want me to skip past all the fun stuff and jump to the end?

Originally Posted by EW
/has some sugar cubes for her/
[Linked Image] Are you so close to the edge that taunting Lois seems like your only option?

CLARK: Bruce!

ER: He could lock her up afterwards?
EW: But then he'd have to cancel the wedding and that would just look bad.
ER: They eloped?
Without a honeymoon?

So, *that’s* why she’s always taking care of him in his office!
[Linked Image] By George, I think he's got it!

SPARE TIME (noun): See time not spent writing, having fun with FDK, taking care of kids or house.
LOIS: I have a lot of spare time!
Lois doesn't write or clean house?

LOIS: I'm a reporter! Of course, I write!

LEX /to-do list/: ruin Lois's career. Get Lois a French Maid's costume to wear.

Originally Posted by EW
Ah, did you figure out what the three things Lex took out of his safe were?
Well… Kryptonite. A holoprojector. And protection?
[Linked Image] Let's go with "So close!"

LOIS: He still hasn’t learned apparently mad
CLARK: But... But... But... It wasn't good touching.

You really want to earn those horns before your vay-cay, huh?
[Linked Image] But I don't have "Do not torture Clark this year" on my New Year's Resolutions.

Originally Posted by EW
Sadly the eye roll smilie was removed during upgrade.
Need to mention this to Annette on the other thread…
I believe I did. Also the new laugh smilie looks more someone sticking their tongue out than laughing.

Thanks for counting. So, maybe 15 smilies plus 10 images… Or unlimited smilies
[Linked Image]

PERRY: Where's Kent? I need someone with a brain to talk to.
Well, in Perry's defense, he is surrounded by the Miner brothers and Jimbo.

So…oops?
EW: But Lois was in trouble.
ER: Did she say ‘Octopus’? No? There you have it.
CLARK: And if she was falling from a building and forgot to shout "Octopus" I should just ignore her then, too?

So, suddenly he’s concerned with what’s appropriate?
LEX: Take it from me, it's not worth your thoughts.
CLARK: More force of habit not to kill people.

ER: Oh, because of the red one that momentarily boosts his powers and then makes him horny and mad?
[Linked Image]

CLARK: Um... no. Why?

RALPH: Oh, sorry, man. I can help you with that. Here's a black market copy I picked up on the street yesterday.

wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Oh dear. Funny, I’m thinking this morning should have a nice full inbox to wake up to…

LOIS: /with chocolate on her face/ It's like putting out a box of chocolates and telling me that they're not for me.
rotflol

It's really hard to do saves during tax season.
MARK: That’s why I have joined an entire team of super heroes, including Dark Blade.
CLARK: Yeah, but Dark Blade is a nice dude. Batman’s a douche.

Take too much time and seed money.
Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem, given how financially handicapped Clark is. Who would want him to manage one’s money or taxes.

Why do you think I had the younger Black brother do it. Apparently, it will look like some kind of personal retribution, and with the files gone, nobody will be the wiser that what's-his-name never stayed at the Luthor House.
laugh

huh But…but…
Originally Posted by The Pilot
CLARK: Or was it the day Perry put me on this case with you? (off her look) That's it. You resented the fact that...
LOIS: Perry foisted an inexperienced...
CLARK: Snob.
LOIS: What?
CLARK: You're a snob, Lois.
LOIS: Well, coming from Mr. Green Jeans ...

Quote:
So, you all want me to skip past all the fun stuff and jump to the end?
What? How…Why…? help

Are you so close to the edge that taunting Lois seems like your only option?
laugh Well…Lex is also playing with dangerous beasts…

Quote:
CLARK: Bruce!
laugh

ER: They eloped?
Without a honeymoon?
No, elope and then honeymoon?

Lois doesn't write or clean house?

LOIS: I'm a reporter! Of course, I write!

LEX /to-do list/: Get Lois a French Maid's costume to wear.
laugh

Maybe he should ask first? Maybe it was just rough sex? Given how Lex wasn’t actually doubled over and holding on to very private things? Well…looking for them on the floor…

But I don't have "Do not torture Clark this year" on my New Year's Resolutions.
So…you didn’t go for the hard ones?

lso the new laugh smilie looks more someone sticking their tongue out than laughing.
LEX: laugh

Well, in Perry's defense, he is surrounded by the Miner brothers and Jimbo.
laugh

CLARK: And if she was falling from a building and forgot to shout "Octopus" I should just ignore her then, too?

LOIS: See!

Quote:
Just thinking…

RALPH: Oh, sorry, man. I can help you with that. Here's a black market copy I picked up on the street yesterday.
laugh
LOIS: mad splat

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by EW
Oh dear. Funny, I’m thinking this morning should have a nice full inbox to wake up to…
It's funny how that treat never gets old. Kind of like chocolate or ice cream. smile1

Originally Posted by EW
It's really hard to do saves during tax season.
MARK: That’s why I have joined an entire team of super heroes, including Dark Blade.
CLARK: Yeah, but Dark Blade is a nice dude. Batman’s a douche.
BM: [Linked Image] I don't need friends. I'm Batman!

Yeah, I can see how that would be a problem, given how financially handicapped Clark is. Who would want him to manage one’s money or taxes.
LEX: He's too law-abiding. That's why lots of people invested in LUTHOR PONZIE PORTFOLIO. You can too!

Originally Posted by EW
huh But…but…
Originally Posted by The Pilot
CLARK: Or was it the day Perry put me on this case with you? (off her look) That's it. You resented the fact that...
LOIS: Perry foisted an inexperienced...
CLARK: Snob.
LOIS: What?
CLARK: You're a snob, Lois.
LOIS: Well, coming from Mr. Green Jeans ...
As you see, she took it so well.

Originally Posted by EW
So, you all want me to skip past all the fun stuff and jump to the end?
What? How…Why…? help
Nah. Just funning with you. Although, I'll be doing some more jumping in the next Section than I did in this one.

Originally Posted by EW
Maybe he should ask first? Maybe it was just rough sex? Given how Lex wasn’t actually doubled over and holding on to very private things? Well…looking for them on the floor…
CLARK: He was touching her, so it was bad touching.

LOIS: That makes sense to me.

Originally Posted by EW
But I don't have "Do not torture Clark this year" on my New Year's Resolutions.
So…you didn’t go for the hard ones?
I'm sure in one of my stories I didn't torture Clark and/or Lois. Um... Perhaps?... Maybe one? (Torture=conflict, right?)

Originally Posted by EW
Just thinking…
CLARK: Yeah. /sigh/ I think about seeing pictures of Lois, too.

LEX: And they call me sick for acting out on these fantasies?

Hasta Manana! wave

Last edited by VirginiaR; 07/04/14 07:44 PM. Reason: Added smilie

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I gotta ask ...is the end in sight?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard