Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Just been attempting to figure out which pieces of "art" would go in a Metropolis Art Museum's exhibition of "Man of Steel: the art of Superman" I am working on doing for one of my stories. The pieces need to reflect what you think would make sense for the citizens of the "Lois and Clark" Metropolis about mid-season 1. I'll give you pieces that I've found thus far that are relevant (if anyone has any they'd like to add, feel free to post them as well).

The Death of Superman by David Owens

Creation of Superman by Blacklizard

Secret Love by Frank1956

Crossing the Laser by Dann Roch

Superman's Ressurrection by ufurgger

Superman's Arrival by fabioKreiger

Superman by GuMNade
Superbaby by theowsky

Superman? by Liquidself

Casanova Superman by HandMadeGod

A Day Off by jbuck43701

url=http://www.worth1000.com/entries/236997/superdegas]Superdegas[/url] by DerPartnerSweeney

In the beginning by fcaputi

Superman Native American style (doesn't have an official title, as far as I can tell) by Jeffery Veregge

Untitled (I think: I will be calling it "Super Man") by Danny Haas

Superman-In Abstract by the brainbehind

I Heart SuperMan by uae-click

Superman by lauraaw88

Superman vs. Invisible Man by ahermin

Superman and Lois by Lola Gainsborough

Superman Pinup Teaser by KeelyWeis Photography

:superman: by the knical

superman by avajingpretty

IMA BE YOUR SUPERMAN by Nanna

Superman Sky by haG-Gard

Superman at Metropolis by Celebrith

Superman by garalord

Pint Size Superman by mrballoonatic

There's others but that's where I'm at for my first cull. I don't know how many are going to make it into the story but I'd like to come up with a "curated" collection for my personal mind/backstory. I used to work in the museum field (no experience in art museums, though) so this is a bit of an intellectual exercise for me but I'm also interested int getting other's POV on these/others. I know a few have prompted my muses's responses but I'm not going to let them say their peace until I know which ones I've decided are part of this exhibit.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Christina,

I recall that there had been a similar thread a while back, although that may have focused only on Superman statues.

A few other possibilities:
Cleveland Airport Exhibit
Melting Superman
Warhol Superman

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I found the thread I had been thinking about; you had actually been the one to start it! Here is the older thread.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 05/14/14 06:52 PM. Reason: Added p.s.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love the "Superman?", "Superman in Abstract", and middle "Superman Native American". Clark would feel pretty uncomfortable around the ones depicting him as a Christ figure and as a Casanova. It could lead to some interesting discussions between him and Lois though. I don't see Superman in "Ima Be Your Superman" and "Superman Sky", except in the name. Danny Haas's "Super Man" might be the one which scares Clark the most, being that it shows both his Super and Clark sides. Didn't Andy Warhol have a SM picture? (Nevermind. Found it. It's blah.)

I found:

"Abstract" Superman Splatter by EdwardKillum

Superman Painting by Tommervik

Walking Shadow, Superman by Jason Ratliff

Superman Bodypainting by Spirit(France)

And Then Superman Died (I couldn't resist. WARNING: there are also some scantily clad women on that page,too.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not Season 1 related, but I LOVE this comic style pic of Superboy and Batboy. (I have it hanging on the wall in my den.)

They Will Be Giants

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
One painting that wouldn't work for the story but that I like so much I want to share anyway is here. It's a tribute to the real life heroes of 9/11.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
One painting that wouldn't work for the story but that I like so much I want to share anyway is here. It's a tribute to the real life heroes of 9/11.

Joy,
Lynn

I think I saw a version of that without the 9-11 part but I agree that it would be an ideal piece.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This was featured on wetransfer.com a few weeks ago:

Last Son by Marko Manev. (9th on page).

Greets,

~ An ~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AnHa, I love that one. So beautiful and simple, especially because it's in black and white. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard