Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253873 05/09/14 07:30 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi everyone!
A couple of days ago I stumbled over this message board and finally found the time today to join and tel you quickly who I am. wink

My name is Lara, I'm 25 and I live in Austria. I've been a fan of L&C's for the last almost 17 years and I still enjoy nothing more than a bucket of ice cream, while watching L&C on DVD. If you want to know more about me, please just go head and ask smile

Lois Lane: [to Clark] All right, maybe, somewhere very deep inside me is some eensy-weensy, microcosmic - although highly unlikely - possibility that I feel some sort of unmotivated, completely unrealistic attraction to you.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Lara,

Welcome aboard! You'll find this to be a very friendly group.

How did you first come to watch Lois & Clark?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Guten Tag, Lara! Welcome to the boards! wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi and thanks for the warm welcome!

I stumbled over L&C, when it was running on the Austrian tv channel. I was about 8 years old then and I was immediately fascinated by Lois Lane. She totally reminded me of everything I wanted to be (still hasn't changed wink ) and then I just had to watch it on a daily basis. Thankfully my mom let me, although she thought I was totally nuts, when I cut off my waist-long hair to get Lois' haircut from the 2nd season.

@Virginia: Guten Tag! How come you speak German?

Lois Lane: [to Clark] All right, maybe, somewhere very deep inside me is some eensy-weensy, microcosmic - although highly unlikely - possibility that I feel some sort of unmotivated, completely unrealistic attraction to you.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome, Lara! Have fun in the playground.

LabRat smile

Last edited by LabRat; 05/09/14 09:40 PM.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
<chuckle> Your Mom should have been glad your favourite character wasn't Lex (as he appeared in The Phoenix). wink

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Welcome, Lara!

I'm from Australia. Do people ever confuse us with you? Sometimes people from other countries will say to Aussies - 'I know your country - it's cold and snowy and somewhere in Europe!!' rotflol

It's great to have you on board. Read, comment, write - we'd love to hear from you.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Lara.
Welcome to the boards. Some of us speak many languages and we have other members from Austria too.
LOL to Female Hawk. I know the difference between Australia and Austria, but I've run into others who say exactly what you said.
regards and join the forums
Artemis clap dance party lol

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome Lara wave

So nice to meet you--glad that you have joined up on the board. It is a very friendly, wonderfully-fun place to hang out. I'm fairly new, too (since last September), but like you, have been a fan of the show for a long time. A tub of ice cream and one of the dvd's--you're right, can't get much better than that thumbsup.

Enjoy all of the wonderful stories--for me anyway, it was like finding the show all over again. Never before seen episodes, season, etc right there at your fingertips wink.

Looking forward to getting to know you...
Laura smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LaraLucretia
@Virginia: Guten Tag! How come you speak German?
Mein Deutsch ist sehr rusty. LOL. I studied German in high school for 4 years, spent a year abroad near Freiburg after graduating, and then took a few courses while in college, but that was over 20 years ago.

My daughter, who is currently in a bi-lingual program in school (Spanish / English), heard recently I could speak German and asked me to say something. The only thing that popped into my head was "putzen die zähne" (brush your teeth), which she now says to me every night before bed. My German host family sent her a baby board book when she was little and I was still able to read and understand it... translating for a (then) three year old was a little more difficult.

I stumbled across some (maybe on the Archives ) LnC stories in German. I think baskasi might have written a couple. I know her stories in English are wonderful and I would highly recommend them. Hmmm. Found it! You can go to the LnC Archives (link above) and click on Stories in Other Languages link. There's only a few stories listed. Sadly, it seems the German LnC boards and Archives are kaput, though. frown

Well, you're welcome to come here and read to your heart's content. laugh

I agree, Lois's hair in S2 was terrific. I've styled my hair similarly myself, but it never had as much bounce as her does. LOL.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

As for confusing Austria with Australia - a LOT of people do that. I remember tourists coming into the shop I used to work and ask me where they could find kangaroos or others, who told me that they thought Austria was a bit warmer than the temperature outside with beaches and less mountains! rotflol

@LMA: Thank you! Can't wait to dive into all the stories and maybe start writing again myself. Used to love writing ffs, but when my old laptop died I lost all of my stories.

@VirginiaR: I bet it wouldn't take you long to get back into it. I had the same thing going on with Italian. Studied it for 4 years in school, then I never got to use it. I fogot a lot over the years, but when my first Italian customers walked in the door at my old workplace everything came back. Slowly at first, but with every Italian entering and talking to me, I remembered more vocabulary and even grammar ^^

Thanks for the link...I'll dive right into all of it.

Btw, my hair never bounced as much either, but took ages in the bathroom to style. Still I loved it and felt very much like Lois Lane!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Welcome to the boards. I hope you're going to have as much fun as I had since discovering the boards in 2006. Virginia is only partially right. The old german board is inactive. A couple of years ago other German FoLCs and some Austrians too set up a new board. I'm afraid it's pretty much dormant now. Anyway, while I never posted any German stories in the Archive here, I posted some stories there.
There are also some pretty good stories from people who don't write in English. But if you ask me, the real gems are the stories you're going to find here. Sonetimes I wonder why I even bothered to watch the series, considering what they did to Lois and Clark in the Argh!

Wilkommen bei uns!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bakasi is right, the German boards are not very active at all at the moment. But you'll find very many very good stories here.

Auch von mir ein herzliches Willkommen!

Kathryn
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lara!

Grüß dich! Great to have another Austrian FoLC on the boards peep

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 05/11/14 02:15 PM. Reason: msg tweaked

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I think the main problem is, that a lot of people either think of Lois & Clark in a "Smallville" kinda way or that lots of people lost interest in L&C, because it all happened so long ago and they rather watch new shows.
Just look at fanfiction.net! You find 774 (if I'm not totally mistaken) ffs about L&C, but over 2000 dealing with "Glee".

I can only speak about Austria here, but it seems a lot of people don't even remember L&C anymore. They moved on to HIMYM or BBT. And most people think of Teri Hatcher as the clumsy one from Desperate Housewives. grumble

So when I stumbled across this message board, I was sooooo happy and relieved to see more people like me, who still enjoy the L&C stories and remember the "old" times! smile1

Und danke nochmals für die herzliche Begrüßung!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard