#253850 05/09/14 01:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please don't hurt me... peep

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
I'm probably broken, but nothing excites me quite like a WHAM warning. And you're off to a great start with this! Please don't leave us hanging for long.

Last edited by MetroChumpy; 05/09/14 02:04 AM.

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Kerth
Kerth
clap I love it!! I guess I didn't even glance for a WHAM warning, but you know I am always happily surprised by a twist of evil. evil You started it out so sweet and happy (although I assumed that wouldn't last too long) with them having a baby. But a heart attack? Who would have thunk it? Well done!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by MetroChumpy
I'm probably broken, but nothing excites me quite like a WHAM warning. And you're off to a great start with this! Please don't leave us hanging for long.

rotflol

Well, I'm glad that you enjoy the WHAM. Thanks for the encouraging words. I don't have a posting schedule yet, but probably once a week until I get the whole thing polished and prepped for posting. (It was kind of spur-of-the-moment to post this chapter last night.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
clap I love it!! I guess I didn't even glance for a WHAM warning, but you know I am always happily surprised by a twist of evil. evil You started it out so sweet and happy (although I assumed that wouldn't last too long) with them having a baby. But a heart attack? Who would have thunk it? Well done!

lol Well, you know me, Mouse. Always looking to add in some evilness where I can. wink Somehow, I knew you'd like the twist in this chapter (actually, hopefully all of the evilness I have planned).

Thanks! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
It must be all that junk food he eats. goofy

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
It must be all that junk food he eats. goofy

lol You would think! (But I'm much more evil than that.) wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, DC! clap

Well, I definitely notice the WHAM warning--and am very curious which toy isn't getting back into that box--but that was part of the allure, in a way. Definitely have me curious...and on the edge of my seat to see where this goes.

Poor Clark!?! eek frown shocked mecry A heart attack?! How could he have a heart attack? I am so curious to see what's going on--too much junk food? ( rotflol *great one! ), spandex too tight? (sorry--not that funny huh ). Some sort of something kryptonite-ish? Can't wait to get to the bottom of this--and anxiously hoping ( thud ???) that Clark isn't the 'toy' not getting back into 'the box'--for Lois and their son's sake?

Oh--and wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading the part at the doctor's office finding out about their son...brought back a lot of memories wink

Great job--can't wait!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/09/14 04:40 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, it isn't very dark yet, but my dark/evil meter is calibrated on a very high scale. I've had some pretty terrible things happen to my characters in another fandom I write for. And it's always refreshing to see an author who isn't afraid to write a story with a darker tone. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Great story, DC! clap

Well, I definitely notice the WHAM warning--and am very curious which toy isn't getting back into that box--but that was part of the allure, in a way. Definitely have me curious...and on the edge of my seat to see where this goes.

Poor Clark!?! eek frown shocked mecry A heart attack?! How could he have a heart attack? I am so curious to see what's going on--too much junk food? ( rotflol *great one! ), spandex too tight? (sorry--not that funny huh ). Some sort of something kryptonite-ish? Can't wait to get to the bottom of this--and anxiously hoping ( thud ???) that Clark isn't the 'toy' not getting back into 'the box'--for Lois and their son's sake?

Oh--and wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading the part at the doctor's office finding out about their son...brought back a lot of memories wink

Great job--can't wait!
Laura

wave Hi, Laura!

I loved writing the doctor's office part. Brought back memories for me too. smile

Glad you're enjoying it so far. I definitely do explain the heart stuff. Soon. Very soon. You never know though, Clark could be put into the box...the pine kind. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Well, it isn't very dark yet, but my dark/evil meter is calibrated on a very high scale. I've had some pretty terrible things happen to my characters in another fandom I write for. And it's always refreshing to see an author who isn't afraid to write a story with a darker tone. smile

Hi! Thanks for reading. I'll admit that I've probably written stuff that's more evil than this story. But I wanted to keep it on the "realer" end of dark. Hope I don't disappoint! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is certainly a twist in the tale! The scene in the doctor's office was so cute and well ...normal.

Yet they were extremely concerned because of the genetic factor, valid concern for this unique set of parents. So I have to ask, when is Bernie making snow appearance?

Which toy is not going back in the box? Clark or someone who has not appeared yet?

Post soon!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
DC posted:
You never know though, Clark could be put into the box...the pine kind.

Considering myself fully warned sloppy. Thank you! Guess I'll just have to read to find out wink

Looking forward to it,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/09/14 11:08 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
This is certainly a twist in the tale! The scene in the doctor's office was so cute and well ...normal.

Yet they were extremely concerned because of the genetic factor, valid concern for this unique set of parents. So I have to ask, when is Bernie making snow appearance?

Which toy is not going back in the box? Clark or someone who has not appeared yet?

Post soon!

I can't comment on my toybox without giving things away too much. So...sorry, Morgana! smile

Lois and Clark don't do normal too well, do they? Every time things settle down for them, WHAM! something bad happens. Bernie is coming...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
DC posted:
You never know though, Clark could be put into the box...the pine kind.

Considering myself fully warned sloppy. Thank you! Guess I'll just have to read to find out wink

Looking forward to it,
Laura

Anytime! hyper

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ouch! mecry

Pine box and Clark just does not sound right! When I wrote Garden of Memories which was originally a deathfic I couldn't bring myself to do it! Let's hope the same is the case here ...

Last edited by Morgana; 05/11/14 10:13 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh no! I'm nervous about which 'toy won't make it back in the box' as well. peep Still, it is interesting to see such a real-world situation in the LnC-verse, and happening to Clark. It reminds me of 'Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark' with Deathstroke giving Superman a near heart attack -- could it be related? huh

Curious as to where you'll take this...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by mozartmaid
Oh no! I'm nervous about which 'toy won't make it back in the box' as well. peep Still, it is interesting to see such a real-world situation in the LnC-verse, and happening to Clark. It reminds me of 'Bob and Carol and Lois and Clark' with Deathstroke giving Superman a near heart attack -- could it be related? huh

The one thing that keeps popping into my mind is that Superman might not make it out of here alive. Clark might but Superman might not. Similar to Taking Down a God - The Rest of the Story by Dandello.

Of course we are all just guessing DC is the only one who knows for sure.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Ouch! mecry

Pine box and Clark just does not sound right! When I wrote Garden of Memories which was originally a deathfic I couldn't bring myself to do it! Let's hope the same is the case here ...

laugh

<evilly rubs hands together>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by mozartmaid

You may be on to something, Mozartmaid! (Very good guess, btw!) I am impressed! thumbsup

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard