Chapter 2

Lois lay in bed at home that night and squeezed her eyes shut.

Come on girl, time to fall asleep. Early start chasing leads. Come on Lane.

But sleep eluded her. Fantasies of a certain sexy farm-boy played repeatedly in the cinema screen in her mind. How could such a nerd ... geek ... dork ... etc, etc ... turn into such a temptation. It was unfathomable. He was everything she didn’t want and nothing of what she did want.

Ok Lane. Lying to yourself won’t help you to get to sleep any sooner.

She jumped around under the covers and turned herself over. Levering herself up on one elbow she punched at the pillow then dropped herself back onto it.

He’s got relationship issues, Lois. No matter how nice he is. No matter how good a friend he is. No matter how his touch turns you to jelly ...

She tossed and turned again.

He’s not Mr Right.

Lois threw back the covers and leapt out of bed. She growled at herself in frustration and stormed into the bathroom. Peering into the mirror she examined her eyes.

Windows to the soul. So ... who is Mr Right, if it’s not Clark? Come on ‘soul’ tell me what you want. Tell me who you want.

Unbidden a distorted voice played in her mind. This is the Red-Blue Blur. That was all she knew of him; a distorted voice. She’d almost met him once but, as she begged him to show himself, he’d backed away. There was a connection, though, and she understood him. She respected his calling. She felt like she could know him so much better, if only he’d reveal himself to her.

Lois pushed away from the sink and turned herself around. She settled back against it with her bottom. Maybe if I imagine the perfect ‘Blur’ I’ll get over this fascination with Smallville.

Back in bed Lois closed her eyes once more and tried to fantasize about a mysterious superhero. He’s come to rescue you, Lois. He’s swept you up in his arms and blurred you away from danger. She twisted a little and settled herself again. That’s it, Lois. Blur to the rescue.

As she drifted off her mind rebelled. Her dreams were of Red and Blue, but it wasn’t the Red-Blue Blur. It was red and blue checked shirts.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Circles.

Circles in the centre of her back.

Gentle swirling movements up and down her spine.

The simple massage had turned a little more complex. Lois sighed, closed her eyes and dropped her head sideways.

“Is that helping?” came a low whisper near her ear.

“Mmmm.” She couldn’t form any other words. She opened her eyes to see an empty chair in the dark opposite. Clark’s chair. Where’s Clark?

“I’m right here Lois,” came the voice at her ear again. No this is supposed to be the Blur. “But I am the Blur, Lois.” No, that would just be too perfect. My life isn’t so perfect. Things don’t go so easy for me. Besides if it’s true then there is no Mr Right cause the Blur just has all Clark’s relationship baggage.

“Stop obsessing about relationship baggage, Lois. Just go with it. Right now.” She felt a hand trail round her shoulder and Clark was walking round her. As he passed in front of her vision the surroundings changed. She felt herself pressed against a table. Bright sunlight shone through the kitchen window and illuminated Clark. There was a glow around his body. She looked him up and down. Red and Blue. Something about Red and Blue. His shirt. She reached out her hands to touch his soft flannel shirt. He stepped closer and brought his hands up to her face.

“I know you like to wear it, Lois.” His voice was still a whisper. “You can put it on if you want.” All the time he spoke he was dipping his head slowly. Now she was pinned against the kitchen table. She slid her hands over his shoulders and linked them behind his neck. His lips tasted sweet, like vanilla. “Mmmm. Wild Cherry.” Clark mumbled against her lips.

She pulled away from him and walked over to the couch. Things felt different again. She looked down and saw that she had on the checked shirt. The buttons were undone. How did that happen?

“How do you think,” came that voice next to her ear again. Clark stood behind her and slid his arms round her waist from behind. She leant back into his body and he supported her.

What are you doing, Clark? Her eyes fluttered closed. His hands were on her stomach, the shirt falling open. As his hands started to explore she moaned. She wanted to explore too. Turning round she found him shirtless. Perfect. Placing her hands on his chest, his hands moved round to her back parting the shirt more.

Lois moved her fingers around, feeling Clark’s chest. I’ve wanted to do this since I first saw you in that cornfield. She looked up into his eyes and knew that he’d heard her thoughts, just like he’d heard every other thought so far.

“I want you to do that, Lois. I want you to touch me, now.” His eyes were so full of desire for her that Lois felt her heart melting. She gave in to her urges and began to roam all over his chest with her palms. Clark tipped his head back and closed his eyes. When he started to groan softly she stopped in shock. “Don’t stop, Lois.” He opened his eyes and looked at her. Bringing his arms out from round her back he lifted them to her shoulders and started to tug the shirt down her arms. As he tugged down he lowered his head and gently touched her lips.

This isn’t right. He’s not Mr Right. Lois’ thoughts had no effect. She let herself get lost in the kiss and when Clark moved to lower her to the couch she didn’t resist.

“I could be Mr Right, Lois, if you wanted. But I most definitely want you ... right now.”

Mr Right Now. I can’t give in to Mr Right Now. But, again, her inner warning had no effect and she pulled Clark down on top of her on the couch.

Lois woke in a hot sweat. She sat herself up and brought her palms to her forehead. I can’t even escape him in my dreams. And it seems I can’t resist him in my dreams. Thank goodness it was just a dream.

She closed her eyes and dropped back to her pillow. If he was ever to act like that for real, rather than just stare at me with that ‘take me’ look, God help me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comments go over here please.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."