K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I was reading some fic that referenced these lines:

It doesn't matter. I know you. And I don't mean you the celebrity or you the 'superhero.' If you had _no_ powers, if you were just an ordinary man leading an ordinary life, I'd love you just the same. Can't you believe that?

Has there ever been a fic done where Superman tells her right then that he's Clark?

I'm thinking... whether or not there has been, my muse might have just woken up from a years-long nap. grin

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I did find one so far...

Ordinary Like This: An L&C vignette by Betsy R.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes. Go read "If I Were You" by Caroline K

http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2006/ifiwere.txt

You can also download the ebook versions (recommended! it's long!) at
http://www.lcfanfic.com/wiki/doku.php?id=all_the_novels#caroline_k

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bobbart's story And the Truth Will Set You Free happens somewhat like that...

Clark had spent the afternoon trying to figure out what to do. He had to stop her from going ahead and accepting Luthor's proposal. However, he couldn't bring himself to lead her on any longer as Superman. Especially not now that he knew the truth about how she viewed Clark Kent. Finally, he feared that if he went to see her as Superman, and she said what he thought she would, he was likely to lose his temper and say something he would regret. So here he was at Lois's door as Clark Kent. He stilled himself for what was to come and knocked.

AntiKryptonite's recent story Man or Monster deals somewhat with this subject, but the conversation happens a few hours later. WARNING: Lex is evil!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
I did find one so far...

Ordinary Like This: An L&C vignette by Betsy R.
This is an EXCELLENT story. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Kismatt!! I've actually read that one, and LOVE it! Clearly, I don't remember it enough, lol. It's definitely on my re-read list now! smile

And I think that's the type of revelation I was looking for -- Clark being angry and wanting to lash out, hurt her back the way she'd hurt him in the park. My muse may or may not be sated by that. wink

And thanks, Virgina! I'll have to check those out, too. I think after being away from the fandom so long, I'm reveling again in the first season stuff. laugh

Sara

Last edited by KSaraSara; 05/04/14 01:20 AM.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I have a WIP that kinda-sorta starts like this, so I totally understand the desire for stories that take the idea on. (I was also inspired to write it because of the lack of revelations where Clark refuses to grovel in apology for not telling her sooner. Of *course* he's not going to tell her at this point in their relationship!) So if encouragement helps your muse, consider it nudged. I've been working on my story on and off for years, and may never finish it, so I'd love to read your take on it. thumbsup

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
We'll see, Kathy. wink First, I need to finish up Super Shook Up because Darth Michael donated good money to see it finished. wink I'll think about it, though. I was trying to dip my toes back into the fandom and I feel straight in the deep end, lol!

Sara laugh

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
We'll see, Kathy. wink First, I need to finish up Super Shook Up because Darth Michael donated good money to see it finished. wink I'll think about it, though. I was trying to dip my toes back into the fandom and I feel straight in the deep end, lol!

Sara laugh
hyper dance

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard