Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253445 05/01/14 07:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What if something happened (accidentally, like in Bolt from the Blue) and *Lucy* instead of Lois gets Clark's powers? She can't know that CK=SM and neither can Lois. Only that just suddenly, after Superman saved her from being pushed out of a plane or something (because the bad guys grabbed the wrong Lane woman) and they were struck by lightning, Lucy wakes up the next morning in her own bed with no memory of the previous night (just for fun) and all of Superman's powers.

I'm thinking S1 Lucy as she was in the pilot and Never Ending Battle. What if this happened BEFORE Superman came on the scene?

How would Lois deal with a super sister? What would Lucy do with her new found gift? Would Lois tell Clark? Would she tell Superman? Would Lucy decide to be a Superheroine? If so, what name would she choose?

How freaked out would Clark be after learning there's a new hero in Metropolis and it's Lois's little sister? Would he want to tell her his secret identity to help her? Or would he take extra steps so she won't be able to find out?

How will they solve this dilemma?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 07:23 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lucy had become Superwoman at the comics, but she was used by her father and turned more a villain than a hero. Anyway, the New 52 ended that storyline. frown

[Linked Image]

Andreia

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What did Lois think about that? How does Superman fight his SIL (or potential SIL) as a villain?

Wasn't there a universe where Superwoman and ULTRA MAN were BAD. Was this Superwoman Lucy? Or was that Lois?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 11:03 PM.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What did Lois think about that? How does Superman fight his SIL (or potential SIL) as a villain?
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Lane:
Later, Lucy is visited by her sister Lois, who wants to talk. Lucy is unhelpful as she has completely given in to insanity. Lois tells Lucy that she is disgusted by her and walks away leaving Lucy in S.T.A.R. Labs custody behind.
More on Lucy Lane as Superwoman.

Wasn't there a universe where Superwoman and ULTRA MAN were BAD. Was this Superwoman Lucy? Or was that Lois?
Well, that was an Amazon who took on the alias Lois Lane and worked at the Daily Planet (she would be a mix of Wonder Woman and Lois) crazy . She and Ultraman were married, but she cheated on him with another villain. Ultraman and Superwoman were members of the Crime Syndicate on Earth-3.
[Linked Image]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How will they solve this dilemma?
By adding more drama:
How freaked out would Clark be after learning there's a new hero in Metropolis and it's Lois's little sister? Would he want to tell her his secret identity to help her? Or would he take extra steps so she won't be able to find out?
What if Clark already had the globe and the globe foretold of his birthwife having been saved and bound to show up on Earth eventually. /waits for EW to connect the dots/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting premise, although I'd prefer S1-Lois with super powers. *hint, hint*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Interesting premise, although I'd prefer S1-Lois with super powers. *hint, hint*
In which season was Sue S's story where Lois becomes Ultra Woman early? S2, wasn't it? Is that the earliest version of Lois with Superpowers?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/shifty eyes/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
/shifty eyes/

wave Michael
Now, now, Michael. Don't go reading into what I wrote above. It by all means has no bearing whatsoever upon my current soap opera. [Linked Image] Then, again, you never know what my muse might throw at me next.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There have been stories where Lois and Clark cross paths earlier ranging from teens to just before he came to Metropolis. What if they were at the same camp as teens and lighting struck. If there were several days of bad weather so no sunshine Lois might not notice her powers until she has been home a couple of days. Add in that clark didn't have all powers until late teens and she might take a week or more to realize. High school Lois with super senses and a realization that she is hard to hurt would do a lot of snooping. When the flying kicks in she would be a lot mor obvious then Clark so he would be the second one to go public. Once he sees how she is received I'd expect he'd follow quickly.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
/shifty eyes/

wave Michael
Now, now, Michael. Don't go reading into what I wrote above. It by all means has no bearing whatsoever upon my current soap opera. [Linked Image] Then, again, you never know what my muse might throw at me next.

umm, no, wasn't going for that. It's more a matter of plot bunnies waiting around /shifty eyes/

wave Michael

Kerth
Kerth
Jaded plot bunnies. wildguy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Plot bunnies? [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

(I couldn't resist.) [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jaded plot bunnies. wildguy
Awwww... I wasn't sure at first, but you *remember*! hyper blush No pressure, then, huh?[Linked Image]

Virginia, I believe you've just found the perfect use for the Easter graemlins!

wave Michael

Kerth
Kerth
I don't think that "no pressure" works. How many years has it been? laugh On the other hand, pressure doesn't work, either. Or the wild guys would have helped after all. *sigh* Just when will you write that one?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't think that "no pressure" works. How many years has it been? laugh On the other hand, pressure doesn't work, either. Or the wild guys would have helped after all. *sigh* Just when will you write that one?
And here I thought Michael was referring to one of your stories, Lara J. Kent. smile Well, Michael did just win Story Help from Female Hawk in the recent auctions. Then, again, MAYBE he'll use that to finally finish that Nfic we keep bugging him about. [Linked Image] No pressure, or anything. [Linked Image]

Going back to the topic on hand. /waits for the groans to subside/. The reason I suggested Lucy getting a copy of Clark's powers is because of Lois's jealousy of Lucy spending time with Superman, when she can hardly get him to stick around long enough for a full interview. Also, you all know how much I like to put Clark between a rock and a hard place. evil How would he balance training Lucy to be a superheroine (more like training with Super Girl) with not letting her know his true identity, with trying to keep Lois happy about the whole scenario.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
He'd try - in vain. Mission impossible.

And, no, Mike and I were referring to something he planned to write. The title was supposed to be "Jaded", and it was about Lois getting the super powers and both Lois and Clark trying to hide their respective superhero identities - IF I remember correctly.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And, no, Mike and I were referring to something he planned to write. The title was supposed to be "Jaded", and it was about Lois getting the super powers and both Lois and Clark trying to hide their respective superhero identities - IF I remember correctly.
Michael, you should try Colleen's Triple Trouble Challenge instead. hyper Please!

VirginiaR.
---
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
How would he balance training Lucy to be a superheroine (more like training with Super Girl) with not letting her know his true identity,

There are a couple of tales where Lucy has figured out the Clark is Superman but does not say anything. So perhaps this Lucy would figure it out and keep it from Lois.

Also who says Lois has to know who the new Superhero is? In comics there is a version of Lucy Lane that is Superwoman, complete with a mask.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And this costume hides everything!

So Lois could be left completely in the dark.

If you set the tale early in the series you could have Lois jealous not of Superman spending time with Lucy but of Clark spending time with Lucy.

Last edited by Framework4; 05/03/14 10:23 PM.

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard