Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253465 05/02/14 12:30 AM
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I have a 53 chapter fic I plan to start posting here in a week or two. It's all in a word processor, and I'd like to preserve italics, bold, centered text, and a line between paragraphs when I post it. I don't need to preserve the font.

Is there a tool anyone knows of to convert from WYSIWYG text to UBB code? I can convert to HTML, but not BB code directly.

I've found a couple of online converters, but I'm not keen on the idea of putting my entire story through some random web site I found. Who knows what they do with the data?

At worst, I can export to HTML and then use a text editor to convert that to UBB code, but I was hoping there might be something better.

The word processor is Pages on a Mac, but it's easy for me to export to Word.

Thank you!
DebbieG

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd say if you want to preserve the markup, you'll have to run it through the converter. I looked for a plugin, but only found a macro.

Keep in mind, too if you are going to post it to the Archive (and you will!!), I think they can take it in HTML or as a Word doc/txt file, but not in BBCode.

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks — I only need BBCode for posting here. I can generate HTML, Word, or ePub for the archive.

I found a python script; I'll try that. As I said I can always just manipulate the HTML in an editor. That's just more labor-intensive than I wanted.

You'd think there would be more tools to do this…

Thanks,
DebbieG

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard