Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#253341 04/29/14 07:54 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I actually researched the statute of limitations and state line issues which were brought up.

Here's a link:

http://www.usatoday.com/longform/news/nation/2014/03/11/fugitives-next-door/6262719/

So anyway, let me know what you think!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark's secret will soon be toast. Lois's curiosity has been aroused and nothing can stand against that. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Agreed. When it comes to not giving up, Inspector Javert has nothing on Lois.

It sounds like Clark lost control of his own strength, or didn't know it, one time. That's all it took. Poor Clark!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope that awful principal goes down with the team when Lois's football scandal hits the front page of the Daily Planet. I'm not quite sure why Lois was needed in the office during Clark's interrogation, but it seemed to help Clark more than harm him. Was the principal afraid to be alone with Clark, due to his reputation?

Yep, Louie's like Bobby Bigmouth. He sees all. He knows all. Poor Clark being pigeon holed as a bad man by everyone. Having Lois trust him and be his friend despite everything she has learned, can only be good for Clark. At least, we finally know what happened back in Kansas. I don't know what Clark's foster brother did to deserve Clark hitting him, but it couldn't have been good. It explains why he ran and why he's trying so hard to control his temper (and fighting technique) as so not to hurt anyone else. I hope Lois doesn't accept all the information she's gleaned about Clark without first asking him what happened from his POV. It's an important skill for a reporter to have, to see every story from more than one POV.

I'm glad Lois learned from her previous mistake and is taking her film to a must further away developer.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That principal is horrible. He got on my nerves more and more as the interrogation progressed.

I like that we got more information about Clark's past. I'm curious to see how Lois will handle the information she's learned.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Enjoy the way Louie was used to bring out some of the backstory.

Loved the confrontation between Clark and the VP.

Framework4
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
It was pretty smooth the way Clark handled the principal's questions. Whether the school can discipline a student for things that happen off campus is still an issue these days. Asking whether the principal wants to be responsible for everything every student does all the time is a pretty good counter-argument.

I'm guessing that there will be a next time and that Clark won't be able to talk his way out of it.

I'm glad that we are finding out about Clark's current arrangement and what happened back in Kansas. I had no idea that statutes of limitations stop counting down when a person leaves the state. It makes me wonder whether Clark knows that. After all, he had commented that he wished that he could have gone a few more months without an incident, which would put him at the end of the statute of limitations if he hadn't left Kansas, not at when his being an adult invalidates it, right?

Regarding Clark hitting that boy, I assume that he was defending someone else, probably a younger foster sibling.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AHA! the first roll of film! of course!! I was wracking my brain to figure out why everyone from the team had it in for Lois

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, more high school hijinks. [Linked Image]

Apparently Clark hadn’t been involved in any of the fights; Lois wasn’t surprised. There’d been a big enough crowd watching the fight on Friday night that no one was likely to try anything with him.
Aha. I'd forgotten there was a crowd watching the fight. The stories running around school make more sense now.

"Do I look like the kind of guy who could beat up six football players at the same time?”

“I’m seen your record,” Principal Hardwick said dryly. “Anybody able to set fire to a toilet has to be endlessly creative.”
rotflol How on earth did Lois keep a straight face at that! Not even a snicker! (And I'd imagine it's actually relatively easy, I can think of several flammable liquids any high schooler could snitch from a chem lab. Not that that's what Clark did, of course... though now that I'm thinking about it, who pissed him off enough in the BATHROOM that he lit a toilet on fire? splat)

Clark shook his head. “I’m just saying that it’ll die down as soon as people see that the team is still on top. I can promise you I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that.”

“You really are a little sociopath,” Principal Hardwick said, but his expression was more relaxed.
[Linked Image] Clark really can't win for losing, can he?

And good grief, that principal is WAY out of line making a comment like that in front of another student. I really don't like this Hardwick guy.

Maybe football scandals weren’t the best story to lead with when applying for her internship. There were real scandals out in the world and suddenly football seemed pretty small.
Ah, Lois. Start small, girl, you're not ready for the big leagues quite yet! You'll get there soon enough.

Though she's certainly getting a big dose of reality this week, isn't she.

“The guy’s got a reputation around town,” Louie admitted. “Guys who try to lean on him, accidents seem to happen.” ...

“What do you think?”

“Most guys think he’s a jinx.” Louie said. He brought the shot glass to his lips and tilted his head back. “Me, I just try to stay as far away from him as possible.”
[Linked Image] Wow. Wasn't expecting Louie to have a low opinion of Clark. Although, from the sounds of things, some of these "accidents" may have happened to Louie's clients, in which case... well. Just wasn't expecting that.

Oddly, Louie’s advice only made her feel a little more drawn to him. Lois had never been one to follow parental advice, especially considering the parents she had.
[Linked Image] Lois!!! *sigh* It's a good thing WE know Clark has a good heart!

Looking forward to #13!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story keeps getting better and better. But I am wondering, where is Clark staying if he is only using Louie's address for paperwork only?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Got spoiled by your previous swift posting schedule, and now I am skulking around stalking the boards and waiting eagerly for an update to this story!!!

ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I've been away from a keyboard. Tried writing on an IPAD, but it was very slow going, so I only got half a chapter. Finishing up tonight.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard