Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I wanted to add all of the FDK threads for my stories to my Watched Topics list. Here's the solution I came up with to find them:

- From the My Stuff list, I clicked on "Posts." That showed me a list of all my posts.
- I narrowed the list down by clicking on "Topics Created" in the right-hand side of my window above the listing of topics.
- I made my browser highlight all instances of the string "FDK". I could then see fairly quickly all of the relevant posts.

I'm still in the process of going through all of them to add them to my Watched Topics list, but I wanted to share this tip while it was fresh in my mind.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does anyone know if all the old "watched topics" links are now gone or do they still work?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, when I had first gone to "My Stuff" and looked at my "Watched Lists," it was empty. That's why I went in and manually added all of my old feedback threads to it.

Of course, all of my old FDK threads together wouldn't match the number of threads you would have in a single one of your epics. If there's no automatic way to add those threads to your Watched Topics list, I would not envy you having to add them all manually.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I saw that we could choose a certain "Display User" and follow a certain person. So I tried my name "VirginiaR" (with and without a period at the end), but apparently as the second most vocal person on the boards, I don't exist. confused Then I tried searching another big contributor "Darth Michael". He also didn't exist. But "LabRat" does. (Phew.) When I just searched for "Virginia" my name didn't come up but two others I didn't recognize did (one of which was a roofing company).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, are you talking about using "Display User" in a search? If so, did you search in subject and body or just in subject? I just did a search in subject and body in All Forums with no date specifications and a Display Name Search of "VirginiaR" and it returned 200 results.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I also was successful finding you when I did the following:
-Clicked on "My Stuff" and chose "Watch List"
- Clicked on "Watched Users"
- Clicked on "Edit Watched Users"
- Clicked on "Add a User to your List"
- Searched for "VirginiaR"

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
p.s., I also was successful finding you when I did the following:
-Clicked on "My Stuff" and chose "Watch List"
- Clicked on "Watched Users"
- Clicked on "Edit Watched Users"
- Clicked on "Add a User to your List"
- Searched for "VirginiaR"
Yeah. That's exactly what I did, but it couldn't find me. I guess I can't search for and/or follow myself. lol

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
When I went to "Edit Watched Users," I was already in my own "Watched Users" list; I had assumed that everyone is automatically added to their own Watched Users list. Are you not already in your Watched Users list?

Also, out of curiosity, I tried to remove myself from my own Watched Users list, and was unable to do so.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I think I've posted more often today than I have on any other single day since I joined the list.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 04/27/14 07:50 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sadly, Lynn, I have NOT been automatically added to my Watched Users list. frown I tried looking for you, too, but it couldn't find you either. So far, I've only been able to find LabRat.

VirginiaR.
---
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Weird. huh

I just tried searching the users for "Michael" and it listed several people with that string as part of their Display Names. Darth Michael was among them.

I searched for "Lynn" just now and did not see my display name listed, but that might be because I am already in my own Watched Users list.

Joy,
Lynn

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Thanks, Lynn! This was super helpful! I just went to go look up Super Shook Up (which I have to finish now that someone bid on it *G*), and half the links are broken. This will make it easier to fix. laugh

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Darth Michael 

Link Copied to Clipboard