Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi Labrat,

Just to let you know, I noticed that more than half of Mr. Data's Timeline for the Terran Underground series (in the Original Fic TOC) has vanished. What can be done, if anything?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I never read that series, Nan, so it's difficult for me to identify what data is missing. Mail me a specific list of missing links and I'll see what I can do.

It may take some time to fix - we're working our way through a long list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Fixed smile

Originally Posted by KatherineKent
I can't set up a poll in the Fun with Polls thread. It only submits a normal post and I can't see any poll options.

[Linked Image]

Ticket submitted.

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I've been having issues with the system keeping me logged in. I log in, click on a thread I want to post a comment on and it turns out I've been logged out. I log in again, it takes me back to the main page as logged in and when I click for a thread again, I'm logged out. Sometimes I can't post anything, because of it. My few comments were posted during these short periods, when the system keeps me logged in.

I haven't changed my computer setting since the upgrade, so could some of you guys check if there is a problem with my board settings? Pretty please.

I don't have this problem on my tablet, it keeps me logged in all the time, but I prefer posting from my laptop.

Thank you all the admins for your hard work with fixing the problems.

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Raise a ticket for it, Kate. It's an issue that's been fixed for others, I think, but I'm not part of the tech team. The ticketing link is at the top of the forum.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KateB
I've been having issues with the system keeping me logged in. I log in, click on a thread I want to post a comment on and it turns out I've been logged out. I log in again, it takes me back to the main page as logged in and when I click for a thread again, I'm logged out. Sometimes I can't post anything, because of it. My few comments were posted during these short periods, when the system keeps me logged in.
I think Annie and Morgana said it was Internet Explorer problem. Have you tried a different browser?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I noticed how AnneB and Morgana resolved their logging in problems, but I've been using IE for years and never had any problems with it. I would prefer to stick to it if possible.

I'll raise a ticked for it Labby. I didn't want to double, because other Folcs had already ticketed it.
Thanks

KateB
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KateB
I noticed how AnneB and Morgana resolved their logging in problems, but I've been using IE for years and never had any problems with it. I would prefer to stick to it if possible.
Me, too. I used IE loyally for years, but then they did something weird to it when they did the last upgrade to V8 or V9 and I repeatedly had problems not being able to load the boards (and that was BEFORE we upgraded to these new boards). I've also had problems logging into other websites. The problem you mentioned having with these boards, about it logging you out when you moved to another screen, I used to have when I logged into my credit card website while using IE. Nor could I access the website I needed to register for our new healthcare plan. [Linked Image] When I switched to FireFox, those problems disappeared (for the most part). Plus, I love that it has a spellcheck feature. LOL.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/10/14 06:11 PM.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
It's the first time I have ever had with IE. But your experience is interesting, I may consider Firefox.

KateB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When you log in, there is a box to check that says "remember me" Be sure to check that box. That was the problem I had. On "Off Topic" is a thread that I responded to about always getting logged out and that was the answer.
With regards to IE, we've been using Firefox for years and have had no problems at all.
hyper thumbsup
cool
Artemis

Last edited by Artemis; 05/11/14 02:04 PM.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Wendymr
[*]No colour coding for viewed vs. unviewed links. (One can see by the colour coding of the icons to the left of folders/threads whether something has been viewed, but it would be nice to have colour-coded links as well.) Fixed!
I still have this problem. My viewed links don't change color. I don't log out from the boards and my browser doesn't clear cookies automatically. But the viewed topics never change color. What should I do? help

Andreia

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
[*]No colour coding for viewed vs. unviewed links. (One can see by the colour coding of the icons to the left of folders/threads whether something has been viewed, but it would be nice to have colour-coded links as well.) Fixed!
I still have this problem. My viewed links don't change color. I don't log out from the boards and my browser doesn't clear cookies automatically. But the viewed topics never change color. What should I do? help

Andreia

Andreia,

I am not seeing the problem you describe. The links I view have a non-clicked color of a sort of burnt orange and the clicked links have a pale steel blue color which is very distinctive. Do you have any custom CSS installed? I forgot who suggested this very early in the process right after the upgrade. I found the links I look at have a very distinct color change between unused and used and this is much different than it was right after the upgrade.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry to say but I just worked on another TOC for Nan in Original Fiction and the link issue is just as Andreia related and I remember from just after the upgrade. Wendy could this be a forum specific issue? Last night I created a bunch of links for Nan's Home series and got the orange/blue combination. I modified a TOC of hers in Original Fiction TOC and get the original color pallet...

Now I can get around this by bolding the URL then the bolding is removed once you click the link but that is a major hassle and takes a lot of time.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/15/14 12:19 PM.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mike M
The links I view have a non-clicked color of a sort of burnt orange and the clicked links have a pale steel blue color which is very distinctive. Do you have any custom CSS installed? I forgot who suggested this very early in the process right after the upgrade. I found the links I look at have a very distinct color change between unused and used and this is much different than it was right after the upgrade.

Mike
All my links are orange since the upgrade, viewed or not. And it's the same in both computers I use (at work and at home). But I just tried it on IE and the links changed color (I've always used Firefox). So it has something to do with the browser, but I don't know what. I don't have any add-ons that could be related to it. huh

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I have IE. The orange and blue colors are so pale, it is difficult to tell them apart.

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm really not an expert at all here, and also I don't visit the boards at all these days except to check up on issues related to the fundraiser and upgrade. My links appear to be behaving as intended, but I haven't actually looked at any TOCs.

Have you submitted a ticket?

Wendy smile

Originally Posted by Mike M
Sorry to say but I just worked on another TOC for Nan in Original Fiction and the link issue is just as Andreia related and I remember from just after the upgrade. Wendy could this be a forum specific issue? Last night I created a bunch of links for Nan's Home series and got the orange/blue combination. I modified a TOC of hers in Original Fiction TOC and get the original color pallet...

Now I can get around this by bolding the URL then the bolding is removed once you click the link but that is a major hassle and takes a lot of time.

Thanks

Mike

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Have you submitted a ticket?
I submitted a ticket, because I tried it on Chrome and it doesn't change color, either. As far as I can tell, it's just working on IE.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
I tried it with Chrome (34.0.1847.137 m) (does not consistently work), IE (11) works in all forums, and Firefox (28) works in all forums. So it seems that it is a Chrome issue.

The odd issue is that with Chrome it is a hit and miss type thing some links have the Orange/blue color combination and some the blue/blue.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
For what it's worth, I am also using Chrome version 34.0.1847.137 m and I have not experienced this problem.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I mostly use Firefox on my pc and Dolphin on my Nexus but I do have Chrome installed on both and I'm not seeing this issue either when I use it.

LabRat [Linked Image]

Last edited by LabRat; 05/16/14 09:02 AM.

The Musketeers
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard