Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Top Banana
Top Banana
Michael,

That is what I have noticed and what you say makes perfect sense. It is a bit weird but I am getting the hang of it tracking down posts to update the TOC links over in the TOC forum.

Thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Has anyone mentioned the limit of 50 characters for the subject line. I tried to type out a Title, the author, and (Complete) and could not fit it on. So if you see one that has (Complet) it really was not a typo.

I can see this being an issue when Sue restarts 'A Nice Girl' since her next title should be: 'A Nice Girl (5/9), "The Hottest Spot North of Havana" 2/3' which will only be allowed to have: 'A Nice Girl (5/9), "The Hottest Spot North of Hava' not to mention the FDK...

Can this be changed?? I checked it out on a couple of other forums and it is consistent across at least 3 of them

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mike M
Has anyone mentioned the limit of 50 characters for the subject line. I tried to type out a Title, the author, and (Complete) and could not fit it on. So if you see one that has (Complet) it really was not a typo.

I can see this being an issue when Sue restarts 'A Nice Girl' since her next title should be: 'A Nice Girl (5/9), "The Hottest Spot North of Havana" 2/3' which will only be allowed to have: 'A Nice Girl (5/9), "The Hottest Spot North of Hava' not to mention the FDK...

Can this be changed?? I checked it out on a couple of other forums and it is consistent across at least 3 of them

Mike
I agree that would be handy. There's a reason that I've abbreviated "Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark" down to "Wrong Clark" in the subject line. (It's easier to type. wink ) Plus, it's easier to say and remember than WPWTWC. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I noticed this early on but forgot about it. It is going to be an issue. I'll raise a ticket for it.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Post headers character limit now 255. Thanks, Annette!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Morgana can't log into the site at all. I asked her if she can PM someone with more details, but she might not be able to. Can someone give her a hand?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The support ticket page is accessible if you're not logged in. That's the best way to get help: http://www.lcficmbs.com/signup/?page_id=63

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Wendymr
The support ticket page is accessible if you're not logged in. That's the best way to get help: http://www.lcficmbs.com/signup/?page_id=63
Are you *sure* about that? I think it asked for your log in info.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was able to log in as Morgana - hit the new board rules page and couldn't go any further, but log in went fine. I'll mail her and check what she's using to log in, see if I can sort it for her. If not, I can raise a ticket for her.

LabRat

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, is there another problem with the Search feature? I can't get it to find my "All In A Name" story, so I can update the links. I found the TOC the other day, but now I'm searching for the story itself and the FDK pages.

I highlighted the FanFic forum, erased all dates, searched under the full name of the story (with and without quotes, with and without my Display Name) and even just searched under "Name" (without quotes), all Subject Heading searches, but every search came up BLANK. huh

I'm off to look for it manually, since I have the original post date from the TOC, still.... weird.

EDIT: Found it! Manually. It was only 44-ish pages back in the FanFic Forum. I hope I don't have to manually search for the rest of my stories, because this would take FOREVER!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/01/14 12:02 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is anyone having trouble viewing the donation thermometer? Earlier it wouldn't appear at all. Now it's back but is showing zeros.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmm... "All In A Name" contains a lot of very common very short words. It's possible that the search logic does not keep a record of those. I was just looking for "the man who would be" and didn't get anything, while "the man who would be king" returns said story. I recommend including different, very complicated word with each story title from now on wink Or, maybe just configure the search to be a bit more fanfic friendly.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LabRat--I can see the thermometer, but just like you, it shows $0

Hmmm?

Laura smile

Last edited by LMA; 05/01/14 12:46 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Me too. It wasn't that way yesterday.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hmm... "All In A Name" contains a lot of very common very short words. It's possible that the search logic does not keep a record of those. I was just looking for "the man who would be" and didn't get anything, while "the man who would be king" returns said story. I recommend including different, very complicated word with each story title from now on wink Or, maybe just configure the search to be a bit more fanfic friendly.
Yeah, I had the same problem when searching for "Another Day" - nothing found, but when I added in the name for Clark's POV (Different View) - the Search Engine could find it. Then I had to hunt and peck backwards through several stories until I found Lois's version. Phew! Exhausting. Need to work on better, less generic titles for my stories, but -- in case you hadn't noticed -- titles really aren't my strong suit. smile

FYI: Interesting Factoid I learned while searching manually for "Another Day", during the upgrade the links are now all chronological order, even if they didn't originally post in order. For Example, "Same Day, Different View" originally was posted 12 posts after "Another Day", but when I went back twelve posts (and then 20) I kept getting FDK - Wrong Clark #39. (The post number is that number in white next to the time/date stamp in the upper right hand corner of each post.) So, then, I went back another 20 posts, and hit someone else's story. I knew I was close, as I had the original posting dates. I was wondering why moving forward or back one or two posts kept me on the same page. That's when I realized the responses to the FDK were in chronological order now and lay within those numbers. Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm not making this clear. It will help ME in any way while I'm searching for my generically named stories. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
The grand total raised so far is back up on the thermometer smile...

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/01/14 05:21 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
I had a problem with the board at work (I like to look at this forum during my break) in that I could log in, but the moment I clicked on a link, I was logged right back out. I was advised to clear the browser's cache, but couldn't because I don't have administrative privileges. I was using Internet Explorer (which version I don't know), but when I tried Google Chrome instead, I had no trouble logging in and staying logged in.

So ... some log-in problems might be solved by switching browsers

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just added a ticket for people to automatically become a Watched Author of their own threads, and if not "automatically" at least have to option to manually add themselves as a watched author.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/07/14 12:28 PM. Reason: Added text

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AnnieB is right. That's what happened to me.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't set up a poll in the Fun with Polls thread. It only submits a normal post and I can't see any poll options.

[Linked Image]

Ticket submitted.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard