Has anybody else seen this animated movie? It had a lot of the voice cast from "Superman: The Animated Series" in it, and it also used the same animation designs, though it very clearly wasn't set in the same continuity as the series. Due to these two features, I was hoping it would be a lot like "Superman: The Animated Series," but unfortunately, I didn't like it quite as much as I'd hoped I would.

To be fair, it's by no means a bad movie. There are certain elements about it that I liked quite a bit. As I mentioned above, Tim Daly and Dana Delany, who are my personal favorite voice actors who have ever portrayed Superman and Lois, reprised their roles from "Superman: The Animated Series." That alone is a huge plus for the movie. I also liked the romantic subplot of the movie. Things don't really heat up between Lois and Clark as much as I'd have liked them to, but it was still nice to see a storyline focusing on Lois and Clark's relationship since that was one of the things that "Superman: The Animated Series" didn't explore.

And yet, it still falls short of "Superman: The Animated Series" in my opinion. One of the few voice actors from the series that didn't participate in the film is Clancy Brown, who voiced Lex Luthor in the series. His replacement just didn't do as wonderful of a job as his predecessor. It also doesn't help that Lex wasn't written particularly well. In fact, both of the films villains, Lex Luthor and Brainiac, were written better in "Superman: The Animated Series," "Justice League," and "Justice League Unlimited."