Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Found this link in an article on my daily moviepilot perusal of articles...

Batman versus Superman: Asylum

Apparently, a few years or more back, Andrew Kevin Walker (Se7en) wrote this. I haven't had too much time to read it, but what I've read so far is quite interesting and I thought I would share. Love that it starts out with Clark being married to Lois ( smile1 dance ) so I'm already anxious to keep reading.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Spoilers for the script:

It starts (page 13) with Clark and Lois separated and on their way to divorce. Yikes. And it only gets worse (not just for our couple). He has a Superman III moment in Smallville complete with a growing attachment to a Lana Lang (a doctor in town) who actually knows his identity.

There's some intrigue with Batman, Luthor and Joker (Joker is apparently restored to life by Luthor and then given the tools to pit Superman against Batman). Batman and Superman fight. At some point, Batman gets a hold of Joker and Superman begins goading Bruce to kill Joker, who changes his mind at the last minute. Luthor enters, and somehow they (Batman and Superman subdue him or something, I was skimming by this point.)

Let's just say I wouldn't be seeing this one in the theater. No Lois (so therefore no INTERACTION between either Superman and Lois OR Clark and Lois), an emerging relationship with Lana (I can take that sort of relationship as a precursor but not so much as a current relationship post-Lois). This script doesn't endear me. At. All.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
So, my eyes are bleary because I stayed up reading this against my better judgement and I'm now about halfway through.... I agree with you Chrristina, definitely glad they didn't make this movie. It is not a happy-go-lucky film, made for the feint of heart (but with Walker doing the writing, you kind of knew that going in). But I must admit, loving darker storylines as I do, it's a really interesting read, if taken from a this-is-essentially-a-fanfic-piece-and-has-no-bearing-on-the-actual-movie-canon. laugh It's dark, it's gritty, it's realistic in some ways, and it completely fulfills my little angst bunny need thus far. So I'm not changing my position just yet, because I still love the idea. I just don't want them to make the new Batman v Superman movie to be like this (which of course they won't because even if Nolan likes realistic there's no way he's on the same level as the guy who wrote a movie about a serial killer and other horror films).

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Plus, Nolan is not really doing the Batman V. Superman film, Snyder is the director. Anyway, they have confirmed Amy Adams is coming back, so that means Lois will have some role (Hopefully she gets more screen time than anyone except CK/SM, but I guess she might get less than Batman, but I am confident she will be a major character.)

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard