Next Thread
Print Thread
#252429 08/20/13 01:23 PM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Has anybody else ever watched this cartoon? I saw it for really cheap on DVD one day and decided to buy it.

It's pretty good, even if it is obviously geared towards children. Lex is somewhat reminiscent of John Shea because he's a businessman in this cartoon. Also, I found the animated Lois to look a little bit like Teri Hatcher, which is funny since the animators obviously didn't use Teri as a basis for Lois. The cartoon came out before Teri ever played her.

It isn't the best animated version of Superman out there. I'd say that the Fleischer cartoons or "Superman: The Animated Series" are both much better. However, if you see this on DVD for cheap like I did, I'd say it's worth the money.

[Linked Image]

#252430 08/21/13 09:34 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I've got that show on DVD, too. It's pretty good, but it is very much an 80's cartoon.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#252431 08/23/13 11:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
With the exception of the haircut, I don't see any resemblance to Teri.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#252432 08/24/13 12:24 PM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by Morgana:
With the exception of the haircut, I don't see any resemblance to Teri.
The haircut is the main thing I meant when I said she looked a little bit like Teri. None of the other animated versions of Lois that I've seen had a haircut like that, so the first time I saw her, I immediately thought of Teri.

#252433 08/31/13 09:57 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Maybe they had Teri have that hair-cut because they were going for this look.

John Pack Lambert
#252434 08/31/13 10:11 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Maybe they had Teri have that hair-cut because they were going for this look.
Could be. Or, maybe she had this type of haircut in the comics at the time and both this Lois and Teri's Lois were given a similar look because of that. I'm really not a big enough expert on the comics in order to know for sure since I've only begun to delve into Superman's comic book adventures recently.

#252435 08/31/13 10:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lois_Lane_Fan:
[b] Maybe they had Teri have that hair-cut because they were going for this look.
Could be. Or, maybe she had this type of haircut in the comics at the time and both this Lois and Teri's Lois were given a similar look because of that. I'm really not a big enough expert on the comics in order to know for sure since I've only begun to delve into Superman's comic book adventures recently. [/b]
There's an interview with Teri on disc 6 of the S1 DVDs where she tells the story. She had long hair (ala Desperate Housewives) when she came to her first audition and Deborah Joy LeVine said that Lois would never have that kind of hair because it would take too much effort. Lois was more of a get up and go woman, so she would want a style that didn't take any effort. So, Teri went home, tied her hair in a pony tail and snipped it off (leaving the ponytail in her glove box for years, apparently), and returned the next day with the bob and got the job!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#252436 08/31/13 10:48 AM
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Could be. Or, maybe she had this type of haircut in the comics at the time and both this Lois and Teri's Lois were given a similar look because of that. I'm really not a big enough expert on the comics in order to know for sure since I've only begun to delve into Superman's comic book adventures recently.
In the early '90s, Lois had longer, reddish hair, not a bob. Here's a panel from Superman #75 in November 1992:

[Linked Image]

In comics before the mid-80's, Lois always had shoulder-length or shorter black hair, but it was usually curled somehow. I don't remember her ever having a bob like Teri's. I'm not sure when the longer red hair started, but it might have been with the Post-Crisis revamp in 1986. I can't really vouch for anything after '93 or so, since most of the more recent stuff I've read hasn't been in continuity.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
#252437 09/01/13 10:11 AM
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
[b] Maybe they had Teri have that hair-cut because they were going for this look.
Could be. Or, maybe she had this type of haircut in the comics at the time and both this Lois and Teri's Lois were given a similar look because of that. I'm really not a big enough expert on the comics in order to know for sure since I've only begun to delve into Superman's comic book adventures recently. [/b]
There's an interview with Teri on disc 6 of the S1 DVDs where she tells the story. She had long hair (ala Desperate Housewives) when she came to her first audition and Deborah Joy LeVine said that Lois would never have that kind of hair because it would take too much effort. Lois was more of a get up and go woman, so she would want a style that didn't take any effort. So, Teri went home, tied her hair in a pony tail and snipped it off (leaving the ponytail in her glove box for years, apparently), and returned the next day with the bob and got the job! [/b]
I remember watching that extra feature on the DVD, but I didn't recall the specifics of that story until you mentioned it here. Thanks.

Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
[b]Could be. Or, maybe she had this type of haircut in the comics at the time and both this Lois and Teri's Lois were given a similar look because of that. I'm really not a big enough expert on the comics in order to know for sure since I've only begun to delve into Superman's comic book adventures recently.
In the early '90s, Lois had longer, reddish hair, not a bob. Here's a panel from Superman #75 in November 1992:

[Linked Image]

In comics before the mid-80's, Lois always had shoulder-length or shorter black hair, but it was usually curled somehow. I don't remember her ever having a bob like Teri's. I'm not sure when the longer red hair started, but it might have been with the Post-Crisis revamp in 1986. I can't really vouch for anything after '93 or so, since most of the more recent stuff I've read hasn't been in continuity. [/b]
Thanks for the information on the comics. I've been buying the trades titled "Superman in the 40s," "Superman in the 50s," and so on that reprinted mostly Pre-Crisis Superman stories, but I haven't had a chance yet to read some of the Post-Crisis Superman stories.

#252438 09/02/13 02:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't really vouch for anything after '93 or so, since most of the more recent stuff I've read hasn't been in continuity.
The comics followed the TV show. In November, 93 Lois got her hair cut and dyed à la Teri's style.

[Linked Image]

Jimmy even comments: "Your hair looks... great! Like you oughta be on TV or something!" wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard