Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#252397 07/29/13 09:21 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] And the best thing for the Green Lantern universe would be to kill off Hal Jordan in the first 15 minutes (or less) and replace him instantly with Jon Stewart's GL (who happens to be my favorite GL anyways-- although I love that Nathan Fillion voices Hal in the recent GL animated series).
Am I the only person out there who liked the Green Lantern movie? laugh (Fear Monster, not withstanding.)

Sorry, they'd have to do a different GL than "Jon Stewart" because whenever I see that name, I think this guy:

And as much as I think he's hilarious, he's not Green Lantern material (Sorry, Jon). [/b]
Sorry, forgot the "h" (my keyboard is now missing four keys, gotta get it fixed...) John Stewart Plus, he was the one in the JL/JLU animated series, so he's my favorite.

Edit: Also, I was just researching and heard there might be a Captain Marvel movie in the works...?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#252398 07/30/13 02:41 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
To ease a couple of fears...

Christian Bale (of Nolan's Batman trilogy) has outright refused to play Batman again.
That's interesting to note, but it doesn't ease my fears. My concerns don't center on who plays Batman, but the overall feel and plot of the movie. Nolan's earlier version of Batman and Gotham was extremely grim and violent; I can't imagine that that would change just because of a change in actor. I know there is going to be some violence in a Superman movie, but I don't want it to dominate the movie. MoS had at least 15 minutes of violence that could easily have been cut and the movie would actually have improved immensely. I fear that if Batman is introduced, the sequel will probably have closer to an hour of superfluous violence.

My problem comes in where they make the entire movie about Batman fighting Superman. First of all, sure, there can be a little conflict.
Agreed on both counts.

I also have a problem if they decide they're going to make this all about Batman and not Superman-- in a Superman movie sequel!! Include him, run a quick backstory on him-- but don't lose sight of what's important, and that's Superman. And Clark. I still want to see Clark adjusting to life as a reporter, and trying to date Lois, or whatever.
Amen. I'd add to that that for the movie to work for me, I MUST see Clark (and the rest of Metropolis, but especially Clark) dealing with the psychological aftermath of him being "outed" and of him killing Zod.

But in the end, it CANNOT be just Batman versus Superman. It will not work. I hope the studios are smart enough to realize that.
I agree with you entirely, but I fear that the studios won't see it that way.

Here's hoping I'm wrong,
Lynn

#252399 07/30/13 02:50 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
rotflol That wasn't just funny -- it was hysterical. It actually had me quite literally laughing aloud -- something that videos rarely make me do.

Thanks for sharing that, Mouserocks,
Lynn

#252400 07/30/13 07:58 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I wonder if the idea to do a Batman/Superman movie was fairly recent. I say this because other than the Wayne Enterprises satellite, which was very subtle, there weren't any hints to Batman in "Man of Steel." The movie didn't even have an additional scene after the credits. I was thinking the other day that a perfect way to set up the next movie would have been to show an after-credits scene where Perry tells Clark that his first assignment is to cover Gotham's vigilante.

I really am looking forward to this next film as well as the proposed Justice League film, but I hope that the plans to feature superhero team-ups don't stop them from making sequels that just revolve around Superman. I think there are still a lot of great Superman stories that have yet to be told in the films, and it would be a shame if we never get to see them.

#252401 07/30/13 08:09 AM
Kerth
Kerth
There have always been a lot of fans wanting a "World's Finest" movie - there are plenty of fanvids etc. around, and of course this is a common teamup in the animated series etc. and in comics. My honest feeling is that if it's done right it's going to be well worth watching.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#252402 08/01/13 04:49 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Well, "Superman vs. Batman" (or "Batman vs. Superman") might not be just a description of some potentially small part of the movie; it looks like one of those phrases might actually be the new movie's title. Neither is a promising title, in my book. Here is one reference for this. It doesn't look definitive, fortunately. But even so, I would say that the confrontation between the World's Finest will likely be a major part of the movie; so much for any hopes of a team-up, at least in this movie.

I had been withholding judgment on the movie since, after all, it won't be released for nearly two years. I'm still open to the possibility of seeing it, and I hope that it turns out to be fantastic, but I'm not terribly sanguine about the likelihood of that.

"Bumped,"
Lynn
I still think we really do not know enough to say much about the film. I am trying to be hopeful by focusing on the know fact that Lois, Perry and Martha will be in the sequel.

John Pack Lambert
#252403 08/04/13 01:48 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The "How It Should Have Ended" folks have a new video out in which Superman and Batman discuss the upcoming sequel to MoS.

Happy viewing. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#252404 08/05/13 12:21 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
So many hysterical video links! Thanks for sharing these smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#252405 08/05/13 12:51 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
There hasn't yet been a lot of discussion on who the villains of the movie will be. I think we'll probably get one Superman villain and one Batman villain. Lex Luthor and the Joker seem like likely candidates, but I was hoping we'd get at least one villain who hadn't appeared in a movie before.

#252406 08/07/13 01:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I hope they have all the villains be Superman Villains. One of the comics/animated films they have talked about looking to for inspiration had Lex and Metallo as the villains.

John Pack Lambert
#252407 08/07/13 01:06 PM
J
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
J
I just hope we get more Lois and Clark kissing scenes. And hopefully Lois and Clark on a date. Maybe they can even go for true hilarity.

Lois:So Clark, are you taking me out to dinner tonight.

Clark (whispers, so no one else can hear):Lois, you know I have to go to the Ceremony in Sweden.

Lois:And you can bring a date.

Clark:What, you are already too connected with Superman. If you show up as his date, ever villain on the planet will be after you.

Lois:I won't come as Lois. I will come in disguise as well.

Clark:This isn't going to work.

Lois:Sure it will. You didn't recognize me undercover exposing Costmart's fraud last week.

Clark:Of course I did, I just didn't want to blow your cover.

Lois:Likely story, Likely story.

John Pack Lambert
#252408 08/10/13 11:10 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I hope they have all the villains be Superman Villains. One of the comics/animated films they have talked about looking to for inspiration had Lex and Metallo as the villains.
Metallo would be a good villain for the movie. Using him would make for a good way to introduce kryptonite, and since he's powered by kryptonite, I could see some really good fight scenes between him and Superman. Since there was a lot of action in "Man of Steel," it would make sense to choose a villain who could make for a few good fight scenes, and Metallo would be one of the villains who'd make for a good threat to Superman. I'm sure one of the things that will be considered when they pick out the villains for the sequel is who can actually go toe-to-toe with Superman.

#252409 02/12/14 02:09 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just came across this while procrastinating on my writing....

The Superman and Batman (in Cafe) from How It Should have Ended discuss MoS sequel: Super Cafe: Verses . lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#252410 02/15/14 09:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

#252411 02/15/14 11:05 AM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
[Linked Image]
rotflol Hilarious!