Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I have an idea for a vignette set in the Christopher Reeve movie-verse. I have a couple of questions about that 'verse that I was hoping someone could answer:

1) Was Lois an army brat in that universe? (IIRC, in the one revelation scene, she had mentioned that her father had taught her to shoot a gun.)

2) What else, if anything, do we know about her father and her relation to him in that universe?

Thanks in advance,
Lynn

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
To save you having to read the longer message: I don't think Lois' father was ever mentioned or referenced in any context in the Reeve-verse, but have very little memory of IV or III (especially III).

I will check my version of the Donner cut when I get home, but I don't recall her mentioning that her father taught her to shoot (also didn't see in the version of the script that had that scene). I'm fairly certain that it was only with Crisis in the '80s that Lois got a military father in the comics, but will try to find the information to confirm that. If so, it's less likely to have been that way in the Reeve movies. I know she had farmer parents in the comics at one time.

Honestly, from the Reeve-verse, I remember only three mentions of/references of her family. Lois is the girl in the train scene in the first movie (in extended footage/not theatrical version - I read an earlier script where Lois was born about the same time as Clark, and he was a child, not teenager for that scene) and I think parents were there, but actor ages make the child as Lois improbable. In the first movie, Lois said her sister had "three kids, two cats, one mortgage" and, of course, Lucy in the Supergirl movie, if you count that as part of the same continuity.

Edited to Add: DC Wikia seems to indicate farmer-dad last actually appeared in 1983, but I acknowledge that's not proof of the movie version not being military.

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Tzigone,

Thanks for your post. I do remember the young-Lois-Lane-on-the-train scene. I was delighted to learn of a pair of Easter eggs in that scene; namely, her parents. Kirk Alyn, the actor who played her father, had played Superman in the early movie serials. Her mother was played by Noel Neill who played Lois Lane opposite both Alyn (in the movie serials) and George Reeves (on TV).

It sounds like I may have free reign to do what I want with the relationship between Lois and her father. That definitely makes things easier.

Thanks again,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard