Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
How Does Superman Shave

I believe the whole laser eyes thing, but there's a lot of interesting theories here that I thought would be a fun share. Plus, Bill Nye is on it. Which makes everything cooler to the millionth degree. cool

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Silver Age Superman didn't have to shave. His hair and fingernails didn't grow when he had his powers. One time he got stuck in the far future when the sun had turned red, so he had to make sure to cut his nails and hair and shave right before he returned to the present because he wouldn't have been able to do so once he got back.

I'll have to watch that video later when I've got time.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Okay, he didn't like the heat vision theory, but since I've never seen that anywhere besides LnC it was pretty telling. Sorry, Labby he didn't like your Kryptonite razor theory either (I just finished re-reading Are You Lonesome Tonight? , literally, like 5 minutes ago. clap But I'm getting off topic.) Don't worry about the *spoiler* alert in the Bill Nye's clip. If you've seen any trailer for the film, you've seen that Clark Kent has a beard at some point.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
Blogger
I agree, all those theories were fun (I specially laughed at Kevin Smith's).

BTW, there's an episode of The Superman Animated series where he uses a mirror to shave just as in LnC. Back then I thought it was a nice nod to the show. Don't know if Kevin Smith was referring to the animated series.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by hovergrl:
BTW, there's an episode of The Superman Animated series where he uses a mirror to shave just as in LnC. Back then I thought it was a nice nod to the show. Don't know if Kevin Smith was referring to the animated series.
frown Yeah, probably, with our luck.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
Blogger
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
frown Yeah, probably, with our luck.
Found it!!! Guess Kevin Smith was referring to LnC after all, since he mentions Superman using a "little mirror". laugh

How Superman Shaves

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
There are two other instances where a mirror of some sort is used. The Animated Series had him using a mirror and the comics had him bouncing the heat vision off of a curved piece of metal that was taken from the spacecraft her was sent to Earth in.

image from comic of Clark shaving

Image from Animated Series

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard