Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I've put this here because it's basically about the newly released animated movie Superman Unbound.

It's a version of Superman vs. Brainiac with Supergirl along for the ride.

In it,Lois and Clark/Superman are in a 'relationship' that Clark wants kept secret because he's afraid Lois will be in danger if it's known that she's his girlfriend. She tries to tell him that she wantS to have a normal life with 'Clark' not Superman, but he's Clark and he's a lunkhead.

For those who also follow Castle; Stana Katic is the voice actress for Lois, and Molly Quinn is the voice actress for Supergirl. Both do a very good job. I have to admit that Stana is righ up there with Dana Delaney as a 'voice' for Lois.

The animation is a bit crude and the movie is mostly about explosions and fight scenes, but it's nice to know that there are some venues where Lois is still 'Lois'.

The fun twist at the end is that Clark comes around to Lois' way to thinking and proposes at the close of the movie.

Considering whose playing Lois and they way that Castle ended it's season, I'd say it's a bit ironic.

Overall not a bad effort.

Tank (who now has another reason to like Stana Katic for she's now joined the ranks of Loises)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Tank.

I enjoy some of the animated work. However, ever since I saw Superman: Brainiac Attacks, I tend to be nervous about the quality of these features. Just to be clear, I think Superman: Brainiac Attacks is easily the worst of these movies.

Superman: Unbound looked like it might be worth taking a look at. I'll definitely have to make time to see it.

Thanks for the review. thumbsup

Bob

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am seriously considering watching this. It sounds worth watching.

John Pack Lambert
Blogger
Blogger
I've got to say that I enjoyed this movie, unlike some of the previous animated films, where either Lois's or Superman's characters felt weak or the story felt rushed.

I liked the Lois & Clark interaction for a change and I agree, Stana Katic made justice to Lois's character. Dana Delany should be worried now, LOL.

Anyway, for those who haven't watched it, here's a sneak peek of the movie. laugh

Superman: Unbound - Lois and Clark Clip

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard