Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I didn't know if this belonged here or in the "Lois and Clark" folder. I ultimately decided it belonged here because this message board is about the series not the pairing (although does anyone know of one specific to the pairing in all incarnations, not just "Lois and Clark"?) *edit* Ok, my link isn't showing. Apparently Kevin Maguire (@MaguireKevin ) said in a tweet "Superman and Wonder Woman SHOULD be together. The thing with Lois is old and, let's face it, physically delicate."

Also, you guys might want to know about this link (although it's about the comics version, I think it's a danger to our pairing as well since they're espousing the "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" issue with this. They have a poll associated with the article asking if Lois or Wonder Woman should end up with Clark/Superman.

Who would you prefer to end up with?

*sigh*

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Apart from the effect on our fandom, which I deplore, it reduces Wonder Woman, probably the most powerful female character in comics, to the status of a secondary character and romantic interest, rather than a heroine in her own right.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Apart from the effect on our fandom, which I deplore, it reduces Wonder Woman, probably the most powerful female character in comics, to the status of a secondary character and romantic interest, rather than a heroine in her own right.
Agreed. I read an article on this the other day, which essentially praised the idea by eliminating the "Woman of Kleenex" problem and making some sort of power couple. (I was horrified.) I heard somewhere, too, that it has potential to cause problems even within the JL, because Supes would be worried about WW. :rolleyes: Seriously. How degrading is that to Wonder Woman? Not to mention how much it degrades Clark. I mean, he grew up on earth, raised by humans, as a human, with a human name and lifestyle. But as soon as he becomes Superman-- forget that! Who's Clark Kent anyway? His life has no meaning, comparatively. grumble

I've been waiting for the DC reboots to do something right. I figured that if starting over meant we could once again watch Lois and Clark come together, then I'd be fine with it. And yet here I am, proven wrong, over and over and over and over....

/watches years of Clark and Lois progress get flushed down the drain.../

Edit: And to answer the original question... NO! God. In my mind, the only world where I can make Superman and Wonder Woman work out is a world where Lois and Clark already had their time together, Lois has been long dead (and I mean LONG dead, like decades to centuries or something) and Superman finally gives in to a relationship with Wonder Woman. And I don't see it working out as a long term thing, either. It will get messy and they don't have the same level of chemistry as Lois and Clark. And once again, Wonder Woman is not just a love interest for DC to pass around!!! mad

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I'm fairly certain Siegel, Shuster AND Marston are all spinning in their graves at this moment (for slightly different reasons but over the same single issue.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can't believe this... What are women (with or without superpowers) to DC people?! It reminds me of the tropes vs women videos made by Anita Sarkeesian, especially #2, Women in Refrigerators - in which female superheroes are mentioned. Wonder Woman should not be diminished as a romantic interest for Superman as an easy (and so, soooo stupid) way to solve a "problem" with Lois' physical vulnerabilities when in an intimate scenario with Clark. Come on! wallbash

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard