Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#252015 10/04/12 12:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is Superman the only superhero who disguises his normal self while leaving his superhero face uncovered? Everyone else seems to cover up their hero face and doesn't try to disguise their real self at all.

I was thinking about Lynn S.M.'s discussion (but I couldn't find the thread) about how the original opening for Superman made it sound like Clark Kent was fighter of Truth and Justice, and not Superman. And I'm wondering if this actually makes CLARK KENT the true superhero in the comic (or classic cartoon), which is why Superman doesn't disguise his face and CK does.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#252016 10/04/12 03:02 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Most versions of Supergirl and early versions of Wonder Woman are disguised to some extent in their secret identities. Mostly WW wasn't bothering with a secret ID the last time I looked. Really can't think of any others who do it that way round.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#252017 10/04/12 03:19 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a cool idea.

The thread you were looking for is here.

Joy,
Lynn

#252018 10/06/12 06:07 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, there are some other people who don't cover up their face in their superhero identity. The first that comes to my mind (apart from anybody in the Superman family and Wonder Woman, Wondergirl/Troja (Donna Troy) and the later Wondergirl (Cassy Sandsmark) after she is outed) is, well, Zatanna. Then again, she doesn't even bother with a secret ID.

I'd also put the Martian Manhunter in that category, although the form he uses in that identity is some kind of cross between his true Martian shape and a human shape. (No idea what exactly that is supposed to mean, honest.)

There are also some Marvel superheroes who don't disguise themselves: The Fantastic Four, some (or most?) X-Men, Thor (and I think a couple of other Avengers, too)...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard