Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
You'd think that DC would have researched the popularity of Clark / Diana before committing to this relationship.

Somehow I doubt it. A quick tag search on Archive of Our Own shows that there are still only 19 stories for this ship, compared to 44 for Bruce / Diana, 404 for Clark / Lois, 665 for Clark / Bruce and a staggering 5617 for Clark / Lex.

laater - clearly Smallville has a LOT to answer for...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
They should have read this panel first.

That's just - just so wrong.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
If you read the comments of that artwork you'll see that the POV with regards to Wonder Woman that they've taken. That stupid, idiotic Niven essay has gummed up things for too long and now it's affected the New52. I wish someone would write an essay (probably a nurse or doctor) that would refute so many of the assertions in the old, old outdated commentary that is so often quoed as a reason Lois "isn't enough." It's also times like this that I abhor the shared universe setup that DC has decided to embrace.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Doesn't Thor in Marvel have relations with human females? Wouldn't he have potentially the same problems Superman does, yet nobody even blinks at this "god" falling in love with human woman? (Sorry, I just rewatched "Thor" recently.) laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Doesn't Thor in Marvel have relations with human females? Wouldn't he have potentially the same problems Superman does, yet nobody even blinks at this "god" falling in love with human woman? (Sorry, I just rewatched "Thor" recently.) laugh
I suspect (and I could be wrong) but the reason they don't blink twice has to do with "gods" being a magical being and therefore can do just about anything they want. Superman is more "sciencey" (in a pseudo-fashion) and therefore vulnerable to "scientific" assumptions. Although the fact that Clark/Superman is not a god is kinda being re-written in the DCnU.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard