Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Over in this thread there were several Babylon 5 related comments.

So that lead me to wonder if those folks were awake of the graphic novel "Superman Earth One" written by the man who created Babylon 5; J. Michael Straczynski .

While much of the tale is stock Superman the bits at the start with Clark looking for work are wonderful.

Framework4
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I never watched Babylon 5, but I did read the first volume of Earth One and liked it. It came across as pretty dark, and, given that Clark is supposed to be in his early twenties, it seems it's trying to hone in on some of the usual angsty young adult drama and questions.

What I found even more interesting was when I saw the trailer for Man of Steel, my mind immediately called up Earth One to compare it to....they both seemed to have that same "feel."

"I like being surprised, as long as I know about it in advance." - Lois, Illusions of Grandeur
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Actually, there are now two graphic novels in the series. The second one came out just a few weeks ago.

I enjoyed the first volume and I'm on a waiting list to read a library copy of the second one.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard