Next Thread
Print Thread
#251940 01/29/13 06:29 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I really want to warn you guys. I know this isn't unique or original but there's a prequel comic to an upcoming video game called "Injustice: Gods Among Us." DO NOT read anything having to do with it if you don't want to read about the death of Lois (or her unborn child.) I am not usually triggered by anything but I'm shaken by it. I'm staying away from the "Lois Lane" and superman-related tags on tumblr for the next couple of days as a result. I can't handle this. My muses are hiding now.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#251941 01/30/13 12:25 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I have no knowledge of this game (not a gamer), nor have I heard any 'teasers' about it, but I'm not surprised.

Often the death of Lois is used as the trigger to tip Superman to a 'darker' side. It was the foundation for Superman's isolation from society in the Kingdom Come series years back.

The advantage of any of this is that it's all fiction and we can choose to accept or reject anyone else's version, if it doesn't work with our own vision of what should be.

Tank (who says we all have the comfort of the Lois and Clark Universe to fall back on)

#251942 01/30/13 06:51 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm. I've heard of the game, but haven't played it (not a huge gamer myself, so I don't often get around to it). Of course, dark story lines don't really bother me (I've written a similar plot in the past), so now I'm a bit interested. laugh Might check the game/comics out. If only there were more time in the world...

I know you meant this as a warning, but in a weird way I'm sort of taking it as a recommendation, so thanks! :p (I'm just twisted like that.)

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#251943 01/30/13 07:30 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Hmm. I've heard of the game, but haven't played it (not a huge gamer myself, so I don't often get around to it). Of course, dark story lines don't really bother me (I've written a similar plot in the past), so now I'm a bit interested. laugh Might check the game/comics out. If only there were more time in the world...

I know you meant this as a warning, but in a weird way I'm sort of taking it as a recommendation, so thanks! :p (I'm just twisted like that.)
The game itself is slated to come out in April 2013. At least Tom Taylor, the author of this comic has been sympathetic to the fans of the pairing and of Lois. It's a far cry better than the treatment we've been getting from the executives, editors and writers of the Superman comics in the new52.

There's a reason I'm triggering thatI haven't told you guys (and woni't because it's a major spoiler for #3.). I hope you enjoy it Mouse, because while I've been working on a dark fanfic it was nothing like this (and sadly my story writing has come to a standstill as a result.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#251944 01/30/13 08:05 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Christina:
The game itself is slated to come out in April 2013. At least Tom Taylor, the author of this comic has been sympathetic to the fans of the pairing and of Lois. It's a far cry better than the treatment we've been getting from the executives, editors and writers of the Superman comics in the new52.

There's a reason I'm triggering thatI haven't told you guys (and woni't because it's a major spoiler for #3.). I hope you enjoy it Mouse, because while I've been working on a dark fanfic it was nothing like this (and sadly my story writing has come to a standstill as a result.)
Ah. I was actually thinking of betaing it (heard somewhere that it might be released for a beta test soon, but it's still a rumor for now). I'm a little bummed that it's on xbox, but hey, I can play it at school. I guarantee several people will be playing it in the lounge in the near future. (The advantage of attending a school where your friends are all either gaming, animation/film or culinary majors. We're always well fed and entertained. wink ) Hadn't heard of the comics until you mentioned them just now. laugh I certainly do hope they are better than the new ones (which I refuse to read, as everything I hear about them just seems to make it worse and worse). I want to know now though! What are you talking about with these comics? Sigh. I'm going to have to get reading them asap now.

PS: please don't halt your story! I would certainly like to read it, despite the fact that it might be dark! Don't give up!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard